It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If everybody did it...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
If everybody refused to work 7 days in a row no one would ever have to work 7 days without rest. Corporations would be forced to accept no more than a 6 hour work week max.

If everybody refused to work more than 8 hours in a day corporations would be forced to accept no more than an 8 hour work day.

If everybody refused to accept more work and more pay without being properly and fairly compensated for such, then corporations would have no choice but to do so if they wanted people to do extra.

If Everybody... etc

If everybody could stand united instead of playing the corporations game of using us against each other by trying to create a dog eat dog atmoshpere we'd all be better off.

Discuss...

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

See why we need collective bargaining and UNIONS?

Union Proud, Union Strong

www.iatse.net...

www.sagaftra.org...

This is what Unions brought to America.

thinkprogress.org...
edit on 10-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Right, but how do we reign in Union corruption?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

How do you stop unions from forcing companies to take people that were supposed to be fired and instead get to keep their job.

See: VA hospitals, I read once about a building in NY that holds the teachers that are not allowed to be in a classroom but the city cant fire them so they sit and get paid.

those are the two that immediately pop into my head.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...&list=postsccept no more than a 6 hour work week max.

If everybody refused to work more than 8 hours in a day corporations would be forced to accept no more than an 8 hour work day.

If everybody refused to work 7 days in a row no one would ever have to work 7 days without rest. Corporations would be forced to ae work and more pay without being properly and fairly compensated for such, then corporations would have no choice but to do so if they wanted people to do extra.

If Everybody... etc

If everybody could stand united instead of playing the corporations game of using us against each other by trying to create a dog eat dog atmoshpere we'd all be better off.

Discuss...

Dunno... I work 21 days on, 10 off. My on days are kinda 10 hour ones that sometimes are 5... sometimes 20. I work 900 miles from my house.

I've no idea why anyone would want to work into a 8 or 6 hour work day... unless you hate what you do, in which case grow a pair and find out what you like doing.

Of course, your conversation is about working for the man, as it were, so you probably have no concept of having a job that you actually like.

For the sake of discussion, if everyone worked less hours and were pretty much useless, then that's just what I see in today's job market anyways, as far as employees go.

SoOo.. we offer more for employees that can pass a drug test, show up. Oh!!! And then on time. Then be worth something. It's a hard thing to find, someone like that.

So feel free to just not work at all so the bad BAD companies say screw it and move their production overseas.

Then you're homeless!!! Winner!!!!

/facepalm
edit on 10-6-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

See why we need collective bargaining and UNIONS?

Union Proud, Union Strong

www.iatse.net...

www.sagaftra.org...

This is what Unions brought to America.

thinkprogress.org...

I rarely agree with you, although we are both IA affiliates. (I had the hours but didn't join).
But yes, Unions are a very good thing for workers. Unfortunately they protect the workers they shouldn't as well as those they should. If that could be solved. . .

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
When you were in school, did you get good grades?

Did you ever feel bad for the kids who didn't? Did you ever feel like you cheated them out of something?

Why aren't you demanding every kid in the nation stand in solidarity with the kids who can't or won't earn good grades so that no teacher has a child to grade?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Many of those were examples of what can be done then hard fast what should be done.

Much of this is musing from when I worked factory jobs. I know longer do, my life is much improved and I know longer wish I was dead like I did slaving away in factory hell.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
So you want there to be a day of rest? Where have I heard that before....

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

There have been only a handful of examples in human history "if everyone did it".

Five thousand years ago everyone was all about, "Muh Pharaoh" and building pyramids.

We haven't changed.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Right, but how do we reign in Union corruption?

The crux of collectivism.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

If everybody effectively did their part they would have a better bargaining chip.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Good luck trying to get anyone together to do any of that. The key is, once you figure out that you hate working 40+ hours a week, find a way to do something on your own where you don’t have to do that.

I haven’t had a *regular* job in almost 10 years. You can either work for your money, or you can figure out how to make your money work for you.

I’m a lazy bastard, so I’ve always searched for the latter, in every situation.

Good luck to everyone that has the fortitude to tough it out and go your own way. It’s a lot harder path to walk, but the benefits are far greater.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
If you don't like working for "The Man" or corporations, work for yourself. I mean, you're excessively smart, right? You are skilled at something other people want, right? What is preventing you from starting your own business in whatever field you want and take home your own bacon? You are not required to be a lemming, right? The world is full of stories of people starting a business in their kitchen or garage and making a living. Not that you'll wind up filthy rich, but at least you'll be making a living and be your own boss. So if you don't want to do the corporate grind, quit! It's not rocket science.

You can pretty well kiss that 40 hour week goodbye, though.

edit on 6/10/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

So who is gonna pay rent for those who financially have to work a crap job for crap pay to survive..

Though I agree with your premis of corporate exploitation ..

Your fix is the most simplistic nonsense ever..

If the majority just actually voted we could fix it, but as long as the only demographic that votes consistently is old people easily propagandized by the Fox News types. TPTB have just run rough shod over the American workforce.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
So you want there to be a day of rest? Where have I heard that before....

In that union handbook written by Jews.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

we no longer have a principles society so we are currently headed down the path of a totalitarian dictatorship aimed at social justice

we need a returned to a principled society. kick the post modernist and moral relativist out of the education system

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The whole "If everybody refused to _______" trope would never work for one reason: there will always be somebody willing to do it. You could conceivably get the majority on board with something like that, but there would be a minority who would realize, "Hey, if I'm willing to burn my balls and do more than everybody else is doing, then I'll get more than everybody else and be ahead of them." There will always be those select few go-getters who are willing to go the extra mile and sacrifice their free time in exchange for surplus resources, and employers are well aware of this. This is kind of the same reason that product boycotts rarely ever punish a company; some people will adhere to it and refrain from buying the product, but others just simply won't care.
edit on 10-6-2018 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Yea right ... until the union reps screw over every employee that try's to collect workers comp, trys to point out safety issues, or talks smack about certain senior members.

Unions now days are like mafias, they seem like a good idea, but they are corrupt to the bone, they always have a paper and social trail leading to the company(s) they work for.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Not everyone feels the need to avoid work. Some people define themselves by their job. You are not ever going to be able to force people to do what you want because everyone is different.

Live and let live.
edit on 2018/6/10 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join