It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i think social media is the cause of a lot of our problems

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
lmfao..

Do any of you get sunlight? I mean, really?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
lmfao..

Do any of you get sunlight? I mean, really?

ahhhh your usual condescending attitude, I bet you and another popular member would get along great

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I don't think it's the cause as much as a symptom.
It's much like blaming television shows for our behavior. The shows are more of a reflection of our behavior. They are shaped by our viewership.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I don't think it's the cause as much as a symptom.
It's much like blaming television shows for our behavior. The shows are more of a reflection of our behavior. They are shaped by our viewership.

Precisely...

When our team sets down to write a new episode, pilot or series we invairably draw the subject matter from the news or whats trending in social media.

I just pulled an interesting concept from the pages of ATS....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
uh oh....

edit on 9-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That's my thought as well.
You can't make people watch your movie.
You have to give them what they want.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

No it's not... it's corrupt governments and corrupt MSM and globalists trying to control people via media that is the problem

We are free men, we're free to think how we like

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

but last week i did the same thing i am bitching about and i feel terrible. we went to a community thing at the library and there was a dude dressed as superman and his 3 piece was sticking out all apparent like so i was cracking on him to my wife which whatever. i can say what i want to her. i am allowed to laugh. but what i did was took a picture of him and posted it on here to continue to crack on him. THAT was not cool and THAT is what i am talking about. i feel terrible about it. i dont feel terrible about cracking at him cause it was funny. i feel terrible about posting it on the internet so i and others could keep cracking on him

I’m happy to read that it has bothered your conscience and you feel bad about it. That’s the first step in changing your actions and attitudes about what you did. Kudos to you for admitting your mistake. 👍🏼

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
Ummm...yet...here you are...on a social media site...

being the problem...

YouSir

I don't consider ATS a social media site in the classic sense of something like Facebook. Yes, you have a persona on ATS but it's anonymous. You don't post here for all of your friends to read. well, maybe you do, I don't know.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Social media is a push towards homogeneity. Outliers in homogeneous social systems become ostracized and bullied. A good microcosm of this is a chicken coop or wolf pack, where the 'weakling' is harassed mercilessly until dead.

You have a point.

However, back when you and I were in school when you went home, the BS stopped, whatever your personal BS was.

With social media, if you are bullied, you are now bullied 24/7. If you are picked on, you now are 24/7... you can't even keep up with it because sometimes you have to sleep.

So in my humble opinion, social media is aggravating the problem.

Not the root cause... just another issue.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: YouSir
Ummm...yet...here you are...on a social media site...

being the problem...

YouSir

I don't consider ATS a social media site in the classic sense of something like Facebook. Yes, you have a persona on ATS but it's anonymous. You don't post here for all of your friends to read. well, maybe you do, I don't know.

Ummm...so we gratify our recognition reach...anonymously...

Regardless of that...the reasons are the same...It doesn't matter if our companionable communication is anonymous or open...the only thing that matters is that we do it at all...

ATS is a platform for nerdy introversion to communicate with a wider audience than the mirror...We come here because our circle of life leaves us wanting for a more intellectual conversation...and...to provide input...personal albeit anonymous input...

ATS gives us a voice...it truly is a fun playground...I thoroughly enjoy my sojourn's here...

Like sex...If it wasn't so fun...I probably wouldn't do it...

You and every single other voice that I read here...provide food for thought...or endless exercise of my laughter muscles...or convincing dialogue that helps my worldview evolve or grow...

Most importantly however...is the internal dialogue that such external dialogue births...all because ultimately I...like all of you...am here to massage self...

So have fun...learn and hopefully grow...laugh and cry...congratulate and share...as you do these externalizations you feed self...stay full my friend...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

YouSir.... are one of my favorite posters here.

I am here at ATS for all sorts of reasons, and those reasons evolve over time.

One of those reasons is to see if I have an effect on the world around me. I think we have a varied collection of types of people here and so I can reach a diversity of connections.

I enjoy learning and there's always plenty of ideas to find here, every day there are many new things to absorb and contemplate.

I also feel like this place offers the best intellectual challenges when it comes to the battle of ideas and discovering the truth through debate, research, and thinking.

Oh, and for years I've had this feeling that something really big will come of this experience eventually. I'm not sure what that'll be but it has the aura of "Destiny" all over it and so I'm just gonna do my thing and see what happens.

Muzzleflash

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Of course it is. Social media is the absolute worst thing to ever happen to society. For as great and invaluable the internet has become, it's easily the one thing that, were it to disappear tomorrow, would make the world a better place almost instantly.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join