It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthony Bourdain Passes Away

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
News just broke through.
CNN's Anthony Bourdain dead at 61.

New York (CNN)-Anthony Bourdain, a gifted storyteller and writer who took CNN viewers around the world, has died. He was 61.
CNN confirmed Bourdain's death on Friday and said the cause of death was suicide.

edit on 8-6-2018 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: Spelling.

I watched his shows in passing but always had an unexplanable likening to him. So much so that this is my first thread in more than a year.
Watched an interview with him describing his acid trips a month ago. Seemed like a cool dude.
edit on 8-6-2018 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkestConspiracyMoon

Suicide. Sad, was just watching him ther other day.

He was just was fun to talk with in person as he was to watch on TV.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I have always looked at suicide with contempt and disgust. It is a sorry way to go, perhaps he found peace. His loved ones surely didn't

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Man.... I lived vicariously through this dude. Places I'd most likely never get to see got explained to me in a mind opening way. Nuances touched on to explain how food in different regions evolved.

I hope he got to eat Pho as his last meal as he always said it was his favorite.

RIP Anthony, your shoes will never be filled.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I have always looked at suicide with contempt and disgust. It is a sorry way to go, perhaps he found peace. His loved ones surely didn't

Looking at someone with mental illness and having disgust is like looking at someone with leprosy with disgust.

Just because you don't understand how someone could do a "selfish" act (I assume that was your implication) just shows your minds health and sanity.

Don't take it for granted. Because in the words of Jim Jeffries "from time to time we all get sad, one day your happy then your sad".

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

He was in France filming a show.

I like his shows, but you could kind of see he had a few demons brewing underneath.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Totally agree with you. It takes a helluva person to live for 61 years and endure whatever problems he had for as long as he did.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
He always gave me the impression he was a miserable person.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I like his shows, but you could kind of see he had a few demons brewing underneath.

Absolutely. Which gets compounded when you're working strenuous late hours in a restaurant for most of your life.

This may have some relation to comedians. Odd that people who bring great pleasure to the masses are those most deprived.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah loved his journeys, knitting the cultural fabric of the world's culinary culture. making us feel interconnected.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
A coward that took the easy way out and left his family and those that loved him searching for answers that will never come. CNN will dissect every move he made and try their best to win the ratings war with it. Peace isn't found in suicide, you just ruin your family & friends with grief & wonder.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Yeah loved his journeys, knitting the cultural fabric of the world's culinary culture. making us feel interconnected.

He was also a huge advocate for those were not as fortunate as himself.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Damn. What an asshole......... I’m annoyed. Stupid git, he had an 11 year old. Still annoyed tho.....

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
He's gone to the last "part unknown"
Be easy my friend.
Rip

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Spider879

He was also a huge advocate for those were not as fortunate as himself.

Probably a source of some of his pain. While many imagine being paid to travel the world, eat and drink with all it has to offer.... I imagine there is some guilt in seeing first hand what he did and coming back home to a swanky NYC place where the only concern with food is making your reservation in time (jk, that dude could probably walk in to 5 star restaurants).

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Damn. What an asshole......... I’m annoyed. Stupid git, he had an 11 year old. Still annoyed tho.....

You are trying to view the event with a normal thought process. When people kill themselves they are not thinking rationally. Many leave notes saying that the people around them will be better off if they were gone.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I think this is part of one of the underlying issues... As a society we're losing empathy.

We can all think to a time of our darkest moments. Healthy people know the immense pain is temporary, while we'll carry a scar, the earth will still spin.

But we forget some people carry those dark moments most of their time as they walk through life. I can't imagine that, hence why I empathize and not sympathize.

We forget to try and do that, me included.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Part of that might be that with all the media today we get to see so much on the negative side that we become numb to it.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Bluntone22

I think this is part of one of the underlying issues... As a society we're losing empathy.

We can all think to a time of our darkest moments. Healthy people know the immense pain is temporary, while we'll carry a scar, the earth will still spin.

But we forget some people carry those dark moments most of their time as they walk through life. I can't imagine that, hence why I empathize and not sympathize.

We forget to try and do that, me included.

Glad there are still people out in the world who are able to empathize instead of judge and jump to conclusions. I myself am one of the people who are on the other side of that much appreciated empathy. Can only hope Bourdain's last minutes where as gentle as they could possibly be for his situation.
edit on 8-6-2018 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Part of that might be that with all the media today we get to see so much on the negative side that we become numb to it.

They should have never made 24/7 news channels. They now resort to essentially click bait to keep people tuned in.

I honestly think journalism took a huge hit when they made that move.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join