It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silver lining in China not taking our recyclables, trash etc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
www.fastcompany.com...

Thanks to mobile phones, computers, and other electronic waste, there’s so much gold in the average urban landfill that sometimes dumps can be up to 50 times richer than an actual gold mine. Most of the wealth that goes into making electronics–around $21 billion in gold and silver alone, each year–ends up being lost, in part because some electronics don’t get recycled, and in part because current recycling methods are messy and inefficient. One unlikely solution: Using natural fungi to recover precious metals from the trash.

I know I sound like a crazy hippy but Mycelium Running should be required reading amongst the EPA.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Your Op is a little sparse my friend apart from the quote.

It would be great if you could provide a little more info re China too etc

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I saw on the news last night, that some company is turning plastics into yard furniture. Lots of possibilities there.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: studio500
Your Op is a little sparse my friend apart from the quote.

It would be great if you could provide a little more info re China too etc

Ah yes, they stopped importing our waste they normally took in citing concerns for contamination, after domestic programs get efficient at sorting and and maintenance they will probably be able to catch up with their own sorting then we can make some good trades.
www.wastedive.com...

top topics

join