It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Handmaid's Tale. YOU WANT TO WATCH THIS.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

One more thing it does do at least is show that Women can be as nasty and cruel as Men so at least it shouldn't cause any Women to join the Womens Liberation.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Aunt Lidia...
Evil evil evil.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Would you trust a book review if the reviewer has not read it? Only if you are an idiot.
Again you have not read it not seen it your opinion is invalid despite you claiming it is.

Trust what? That the reviewer is giving his true opinion? Should I suspect that the reviewer is lying about his opinion? Or should I suspect that the reviewer is lying about what the book is about?

Is someone lying about the subject matter here? Because that's all I have addressed or expressed an opinion on. If it's about something else entirely, and I've been misinformed, then please do tell...

Until then, I repeat, I do not need to watch a sick, cruel, deranged and sadistic show to have an opinion about the sick, cruel, deranged and sadistic subject matter.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Maybe it is informational and educational for some people. And if so, I hope the increased awareness brings more positive benefits than horrifying consequences.

I guess it depends what really gets your mind and thoughts racing at the end of the day. Some will like it, others won't.

For me, it's about the nightmares I'll have. I can and do force myself to watch/read things that I think I need to know. I'm just not seeing anything here I need to know I guess.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

One more thing it does do at least is show that Women can be as nasty and cruel as Men so at least it shouldn't cause any Women to join the Womens Liberation.

Yeah, and I really to hate say it, but that seems to be getting worse. I'm increasingly surprised and disgusted at what some women are doing these days. I guess I shouldn't be, but I am.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yes the subject is sick it is supposed to be shocking it shows what could happen (and does) when women's rights to choose are stripped away.
Everyone should read it tbh and then ask themselves if this is what they want when they ask for abortion to be illegal.
Fine don't watch it nor read it you remain ignorant to what the books message is about.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Yes the subject is sick it is supposed to be shocking it shows what could happen (and does) when women's rights to choose are stripped away.
Everyone should read it tbh and then ask themselves if this is what they want when they ask for abortion to be illegal.
Fine don't watch it nor read it you remain ignorant to what the books message is about.

Ahem. Speak for yourself... not others. You certainly don't have either the wisdom nor the authority know what "everyone should" do, much less tell others what they should do. If YOU need to watch a TV show with fake people playing fake lives in order to somehow understand reality, okay. Gotcha. But that's YOU.

And now I'm done with you.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Bye bye.
Remain ignorant.
Ignoring the person who thinks they can review something that they have not seen now.
Anyone on season 2 btw?.
edit on 8-6-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Yep..just had to binge the last 5 episodes of S2.
Kinda getting torn now. After seeing the Serena perspective.
Don't want to say too much. Spoilers

But yeah season 2 is just as good as the first one.
Already signed for a 3rd and 4th too

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

I'm on episode 4 season 2 and i've noticed it's now got a 'what if the Nazis had won' scenario going on although it has sorta been there throughout.

edit on CDTSat, 16 Jun 2018 17:51:02 -05000000003005x102x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I haven't seen it. Will check that out.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Just finished the last episode, so good! People are afraid of these ideas because it threatens their own world view, it's pretty funny to see some peoples reactions here.

On a side note, "Man in the high castle" is an actual "what if the nazis won" story, if you're into that.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

The end of the last episode though ?
I was like..awe no June ! Wtf
#resist
#smashthepatriarchy

And poor Serena...it has been a roller coaster with that character.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

Just finished the last episode, so good! People are afraid of these ideas because it threatens their own world view, it's pretty funny to see some peoples reactions here.

On a side note, "Man in the high castle" is an actual "what if the nazis won" story, if you're into that.

Yeah, I've seen 'Man In High Castle' and I liked that too.

I've also just finished Season 2 of Handmaids Tale. very good ending but of course she can't leave her daughter behind in that place. I wonder where she will live now though and hide out till she can find where her daughter stays because She won't be able to go back to the Commanders place or be anywhere near that part. Episode 12 had a heart wrenching moment for me... the part where she see's her daughter for 10 minutes. the commander is really pulling her about

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's pretty effing sad people pass off propaganda pieces as 'good tv'.

Yeah , read up on it because it was listed as scifi type show. However, it just sounds like a Lifetime for women tv show where women are victimized with some women power thrown into the mix. So basically no sci fi from what it sounds like , besides being a dystopian society in the future.

0 interest from what I have read so far, which sucks cause I'm looking for a good scifi series to watch

Also good indicator of PC compliant shows is a imdb rating 8.5+. Not always , but it typically is and this has a 8.6 rating.

edit on 09831America/ChicagoMon, 27 Aug 2018 11:09:06 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join