It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California's new water rules WTH?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

You do live here right? It's only a Beautiful Wonderful place to live if you make $250,000 a year .

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Isurrender73

You do realize desalination is a viable option that requires no conservation on the part of the consumer?

If that were to happen then all those who scrambled to buy water rights would lose out......

A commodity is always worth more when there is a limited supply. The wealthy in this world would deprive us of the basic necessities and allow some to go without to make sure they get the most out of their investment.

We truly have monsters at the top of the capitalist pyramid.
edit on 7-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

You do live here right? It's only a Beautiful Wonderful place to live if you make $250,000 a year .

No, I'm sure I couldn't enjoy the lifestyle I have now if I tried to live there. Like Manhattan, it's too expensive for me.
But I love vacationing there, as well as Manhattan. I hope they can get a handle on their water shortages.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Less water..... perhaps the next commodity to be rationed..... Electricity. After all it is Hydroelectric in nature. The Colorado River is ever decreasing, Evidenced by Lake Mead and Lake Powell.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

OK, California isn't a natural #hole, but it's population is dominated by #heads which has delved the state into the philosophical and cultural equivalent of a #hole.

It's bad points dominate it's good points in my eyes, and you flat out couldn't pay me enough to visit there again, let alone ever live there.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The good news is that the rich who aren't fleeing the area (did anyone else see that 46% figure? WOW!) can afford to store water- and have a system that pulls 49.9 gallons into a big tank, and save up extra on days they don't need it so they can have it on days they do.

Not the tax payers though- they'll have to get a fine on laundry day.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
They are all messed up in California, look at this info. www.motherjones.com...

They are complaining about their people using water around the house yet blow lots of water growing foods that are nothing more than sales scams to bring money into California. The businesses and agriculture will not have limitations on them, just citizens. For every avacado the person eats that day, knock off thirty gallons of water they are allowed to use.

I do not know what kind of nuts they got in charge over there in California, but maybe their people should start to examine what is really going on there.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

1 glass of oarnge juice takes more water than 55 gal

60 percent of all ca qater is for crops havent heard anything about switching to crops that use less water tho

ca.water.usgs.gov...

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
lol

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
The good news is that the rich who aren't fleeing the area (did anyone else see that 46% figure? WOW!) can afford to store water- and have a system that pulls 49.9 gallons into a big tank, and save up extra on days they don't need it so they can have it on days they do.

Not the tax payers though- they'll have to get a fine on laundry day.

The rich can afford to have water trucked in from elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
some of the stupidest replys every .
Ok one fountains reuse the same water only added what is lost to evaporation so stop worring about rich peoples fountains .
2 leks aside just how do you propose you get enough water for 30 million people ?
The well is running dry and soon no law will be needed as when you open teh tap NOTHING comes out .
fact is all they are doing is delaying it .

People say the world is not over populated are fools whne you sue so much water so fast then even a ocean full will not be enough .
That is peak water oil anything .
does not means your OUT of water IT means you need MORE then can be supplied .
as for leks all older citys are full of leks nothing can be done as you would need to tear down the city and start over to fix teh 110 year old pips

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Never been but I would love to see which song is right.

Water? Nah I will just drink the booze.
But we should all do our best to conserve the stuff.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
"Honey, it's time for our together shower to save water! I'll soap your boobs!"

Sounds like this might be fun for the first year... after that, well, I'm glad I moved out of Cali.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
most citys out in the west are dead rigamortias just has not set in yet .
Simple x number of people needs x gallons of water and guess what nature just isnt putting enough of x back to make the equation work .

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm in San Fran right now and I flushed the toilet in the hotel room twice while taking a shower, it caused quite the stir.

Mostly because it wasn't my hotel room.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This is the continuing garbage that is California. I'm sure that the almond and grape growers will still get their big tax breaks, even though those are the crops that use the most water. I'm also sure that Brown will continue to allow the county of Kern to go without any water. In case any of you don't know this fact all of the water that is stored up in Kern County goes to farmers and LA County, while the people who live in Kern County are either under server water restrictions or just don't have any water at all. They can't even get dig a well since either what water they can get is contaminated or owned by somebody.

A couple things that need to be cleared up:
LG makes a front loading clothes washer that only uses 5 gallons of water per use. I have one because it also is energy efficient.
Some areas of California still make illegal to collect rain water, though most do allow it, it's up to the home owner to put the system in place, and most districts don't offer tax credits for doing this.
If you farm Almonds or operate a wine vineard you get a fat tax break. These crops are very water intencive crops, but it's a way for the farmers that have grandfathered in water rites to drain out rivers so others can't use the water.
Kern County: Look I can't even begin to explain the situation going on here without going off the track. So here read up on whats been going on there for years:
Let's start you all by having a look at the "possitive" governmental action
Kern Water Bank Athority
NPR interview that gives a brief overview of the situation
This linkl talks about a documentary that goes over the crisis really well

When I left California in the 1990's these water restrictions were beginning to really hurt the average person and not just the small farms. When the drought hit them a few years back, they just became nuts with their rules of water use. These new rules are just more of the same. People who have the access to political power are completely exempt from any of these rules, and regular people get hammered hard by fines and fees (or extortion as the way that some of the districts compile fees)

All this boils down to is that the elected officials in Sacramento figured out that if people think that there is a crisis, they will be more willing to give up a lot without questioning anything. People are beginning to realize that they are being blindsided by new corruptions, and are pushing back. We saw this during the fake energy crisis of the ENRON days where people put up with rolling brownouts. That is until people started to look at how much power was available vs that amount being used. That was when ENRON started to be exposed. This water crisis is that same thing, but only more rooted with politics and big farm owners.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Interesting, so does that mean all those rich people can't water their lawns?? Or is this only for people who don't own mansions??

That is actually one the issues in CA with all the rich people using massive amounts of water.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This kind of crap starts in California, but is really the agenda for the Globalists. Eventually it will be Government’s “job” to control every aspect of our lives.

This is Orwellian, authoritarian hell come to California.
edit on 2018/6/7 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
What about all those Rice Farms, flooding their fields, flood fields for the Nut trees too. Like billions of gallons of water.

Ohh those HE washers SUCK!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
We saw this during the fake energy crisis of the ENRON days where people put up with rolling brownouts. That is until people started to look at how much power was available vs that amount being used. That was when ENRON started to be exposed. This water crisis is that same thing, but only more rooted with politics and big farm owners.

I remember Jay Leno pointing out the absurd waste of energy that was going on during those brownouts. There was a webcam inside the headquarters of one of California's major electric companies. He showed the feed on his show. It was apparently after-hours, because there was nobody to be seen anywhere.

But every single light was on. The place was lit up like the Vegas Strip!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join