It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen tries to rape friend's mom during sleepover, police say

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

ARLINGTON, Tenn. - A Bartlett man was arrested for assaulting and attempting to rape his friend’s mother in Arlington, police said.

Police said Jordan Corter, 18, was staying over a friend’s house Sunday night when he forced himself into his friend’s mother’s room and attempted to rape her.

The incident happened around 2:30 a.m. Monday morning in Arlington, according to a criminal complaint.

Corter forced the woman, who was not identified, to the bed as he put his hand inside her pajama shorts and started to touch her, police said in the affidavit.

Source: Teen tries to rape friend's mom during sleepover, police say

You may wonder why I posted in the Social Issues and Civil Unrest forum. Well, this little tidbit from the incident was worth noting (bold type was used to highlight the detail).

The woman was able to knee Corter in the groin, and retrieve the pistol in her bedroom, according to the criminal complaint. Police said the woman then placed the gun in the man’s face and told him to leave.

This woman was free to exercise her 2nd Amendment right in the U.S. So, not only having the ability to protect yourself from being killed, but it is also useful for women (or men) to protect themselves from being raped.

I await the victim blaming and shaming about why she should not have had this ability and just let herself be raped by this kid (after calling 911 during the attack at 2:30am and waiting for them to arrive any minutes later).

edit on 6/7/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
That punk's gonna get what's coming to him. Another failure to raise your kids right.

Good thing she had a gun!!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I await the victim blaming and shaming about why she should not have had this ability and just let herself be raped by this kid (after calling 911 during the attack at 2:30am and waiting for them to arrive any minutes later). 

I feel like no one would say this.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Victim blaming is the new trend with anti-gun idiots.

To them it is morally superior to be a victim.

No wonder they champion the oppression/victim Olympics we see play out in social and national media.

+6 more 
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I feel like no one would say this.

I'd love to show you examples but calling out other members on ATS is against the T & C.

link   
One of my guy friends did this to my best friends mom, my second mother. I thought my bestie, her son, was going to kill him. Thankfully we just stopped associating with the guy or ever inviting him over.

Crazy to think a kid would try to do something like that. Crazy to me anyhow. It was crazy then and it's crazy now.

-Alee

PS I saw yesterday somewhere that the kids step father had said something to the effect of "I'm shocked, he is a really great kid, and he just graduated (or is about to graduate" something to that effect.......

Why don't the parents ever just stfu about their criminal rapist kids and APOLOGIZE FOR BIRTHING THEM? Or at least offer an apology.

edit on 6/7/2018 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I await the victim blaming and shaming

Ahh yeah thats, not going to happen. The Villian is a white male, victim is a female. Fits the narrative.

edit on 05630America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jun 2018 10:05:46 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
She could have shot him in the nuts instead of kneeing him. That would have stopped all future rapes by this guy.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

he woman was able to knee Corter in the groin, and retrieve the pistol in her bedroom, according to the criminal complaint. Police said the woman then placed the gun in the man’s face and told him to leave.

Some people want this choice taken away.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
She could have shot him in the nuts instead of kneeing him. That would have stopped all future rapes by this guy.

Not really. Rape is about power, not sex. And, in this instance, it was his hand that was used as the implement of attack not his.......(likely very small) appendage.

And even if she did shoot him, she had to have been in fear for her life for it to be justified. Is being raped fearing for your life, legally? Good question. And I bet you get totally opposite answers depending upon your political viewpoint on personal firearm protections.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I do not think they were really ever friends.

Think of the mindset of the guy to think he could do such and his friend would not stop him even if the mother could not.

Very much premeditation possibly.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I 100% support women being armed all the time. Its the great equalizer.

I bought my sister a nice little .380 for her concealed carry weapon. May not leave big holes...but it'll do the trick.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

She was too motherly in my opinion. She should had taken control of the situation...

Tell the soon-to-be serial rapist, to grip his left testicle, then gentle conduct a home castration with her firearm.

When more women begin to take this step, perhaps these creeps will begin to get the hint...stop trying to rape your friends mom!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The biggest social issue demonstrated in this thread is the tilting at windmills by the self-aggrieved who are so addicted to conflict that they pull "victim shamers" out of their asses to have something to cry about.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You mean like Jesus?

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: projectvxn

You mean like Jesus?

First, I am not religious. But it's obvious you don't understand the sacrifice concept.

Comparing the story of Jesus sacrifice to leftist whining is just arrogance and ignorance all rolled into one.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
The biggest social issue demonstrated in this thread is the tilting at windmills by the self-aggrieved who are so addicted to conflict that they pull "victim shamers" out of their asses to have something to cry about.

Triggered much are we?

I guess it is difficult to accept the fact that someone actually benefited form having the ability to protect themselves without the need for govt (nanny) stepping in and assisting this citizen.

So, do you have anything constructive to add to the thread or are you satisfied with just your own virtue signaling?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Victim blaming is the new trend with anti-gun idiots.

No wonder they champion the oppression/victim Olympics we see play out in social and national media.

After all............its for the children!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Yep someone got triggered.

A woman defends herself from a would be rapist.

And somehow it's 'our' fault.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Exactly!
No one cares if you think your kid is the greatest in the world - Most parents already do, it goes with out saying.

But when your kid commits an atrocity such as the one this kid is involved in, all those "Hes usually a pretty okay kid" goes right out the window.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join