It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IHOP is International House Of .........

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

canned biscuits and some canned gravy.

Dex We Must Keep Fear Alive

Dont forget the Soylent Green

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

They are going to start catering to ex wives. International House of Bit. . . .

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thanks

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

International House of Bit.

.....Lorena Bit-bbitt??

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Oh you suck something fierce. We just got done with grilled corn & sirloin, and sauteed onions, biscuits and sausage gravy really would have hit the spot for me today!

I love biscuits & gravy, it's tied with my other first choice -- Eggs Benedict. When we have breakfast at our favorite diner, it takes me entirely too long to choose one to have (sometimes I just tell our favorite waitress I can't decide & to surprise me)

Last time, I had sausage & gravy (left it up to the waitress, lol) She came out with a GRAVY BOAT of it, and a pile of biscuits on a plate. And they still only charged for the standard menu item of 3 gravy-soaked biscuits. That woman got a tidy tip for that, made my morning! I might have needed rolled out of there like a giant ball by the time I was done, but holy hell, was it worth it.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Dex, if you're short on time or counter space try the frozen biscuits. They ain't bad. Not as good as from scratch butbetter than canned and really easy. Preheat oven, take out of freezer, bunch however many you want on the tray and bake!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I like eggs benedict, but I've not made it often myself. I need to work on the hollandaise portion of the meal. I've broken the sauce too often and got a little gun shy on it.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hey Grandpa, what's for supper?

Soylent Green infused, processed food based biscuits and gravy with a partly ripe tomato and a Snickers bar for desert.

Yum Yum!

My recipe:
- 1 6oz can Pillsbury Grands Juniors Flaky Layers biscuits
- 1 15oz can Libbys Country Sausage Gravy
- 1 small tomato
- 1 1.86oz Snickers Bar

Served on a Styrofoam plate and featuring plastic cutlery with a paper towel napkin.
------------------

It's a crappy picture, but you get the idea. It looks like real food and doesn't taste bad.

-dex

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd

Dex, if you're short on time or counter space try the frozen biscuits. They ain't bad. Not as good as from scratch butbetter than canned and really easy. Preheat oven, take out of freezer, bunch however many you want on the tray and bake!

Thanks for the tip.

I kind of like the Pillsbury canned biscuits. They're easy to bake and the layers are pretty flaky.

-dex

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

canned biscuits and some canned gravy.

Dex We Must Keep Fear Alive

Dont forget the Soylent Green

Soylent Green is people!
It wouldn't be the first time I've eaten people. But, I have never digested them.

ETA: I've got to get a better tagline...

-dex

edit on 6/6/2018 by DexterRiley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Learn how to cook, man. It's real damn easy. Biscuits are flour, some manner of milk, salt, butter, baking powder, and a small dash of sugar or honey. Mix, roll out, cut with a mason jar ring, and cook at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Gravy: Brown some sausage, moose, caribou, cook some bacon, brown some hamburger, whatever. Using the same skillet, melt a couple tablespoons of butter, add a couple table spoons of flour and cook it for a minute or two to kill the flour taste, then add a couple cups of half and half (or milk if you are a weinee over fat content) and whisk slowly on medium heat until it boils and thickens, salt and pepper to taste. Mix the meat back in, plate the biscuits, pour over the gravy, consume.

Seriously, cooking is the easiest thing in the world. Cleaning up afterward is the only real pain in the ass, but that's why the Good Lord gave us children, ya?

Thanks. Sounds like a good recipe. But it takes a lot of thought to pull something like that together. I have done some simple cooking in my time. But, due to my extremely limited palette, I think of food basically as necessary nutritive substances.

Where I live half the time, I'm the only one here. So, it doesn't take a lot to please me. And most of the time I forget about left over food and it goes bad.

When I am at home with the family, my wife cooks, sort-of. She's not too good of a cook, so that's probably why I have lost my taste for good food over the last few decades.

Now I do cook once a week. I cook 4 pounds of pinto beans every week, usually on Sunday. Then that is what I eat for every meal all week long. I occasionally supplement that with a jar of peanut butter and some potato chips.

I'm happy with that. I don't expect to live a long life...

-dex

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
International House of Bellyache. All the old people around here go to the really old, nasty IHOP for their reunions. That's all they can remember at their ages-mostly in wheelchairs and walkers-they don't notice the filth. The
manger is real nice to them-that's all they really need. Been years since I ate at one-walked in-real busy-and looks filled with the leftovers from Cracker Barrel. No thanks.

edit on 6-6-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

International House of Burritos because let's face it...who eats Pancakes anymore???

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

So dumb. Like Hardees changing their name to something stupid like Carl's Jr

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I bet its penis.

Oh thats a b?

Bitches?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm voting for the international house of beer. And beer makes everything better. Here's the new cook for IHOB to let you in on the secret.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
International house of brian4real!

Only if they're selling those euphoric butterscotch pancakes again... Otherwise I will sue. 😉

(FYI, if i was on death row, those damn delightful butterscotch pancakes would be on my last meal list)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

hehehe

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

IHOP International House Of .....BRAINS! the the zombies are coming!!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
blah only way caz there food sucks so bad even there steak is bad ... how do u make meat tast fake idk but they do

we got black bear diner if u dont have one im sorry if u do and havent been u need new frinds caz someone shoulda taken you to cure your hangover iv been to many many many breakfast diners every town iv ever vacationed in i hit them all up every morning not a single one holds a candle to them

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join