It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've seen the future. There's good and bad news.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Fair enough

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If that's what you all see, I hope some crazy group builds a generation shop and blasts off for the nearest likely colony world in space. There's far more hope in that.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Now, this isn't some claim of time travel. I'm simply stating some personal realizations, coupled with some life experience.
So, take it as you will.

There are no flying cars. (in fact, cars will be unneeded rusting heaps).

The cities will be bigger and taller. (but pollution is actually less).

School shootings are impossible. (not just unlikely, physically impossible).

Guns are illegal. (but completely not needed...yeah, I know, I'm a big gun advocate, but you'll see below).

Starvation is no longer an issue. (though food variety, and REAL fine restaurants are going to be mostly available only to the elite).

The Matrix (in a sense), will be completely real (as real as reality). (though go by another name).

The highways are empty. (but nobody cares).

Airports are overgrown parking lots. (but nobody cares).

Basically, imagine a world where Facebook is married to Virtual Reality. I don't mean clunky goggles and a pair of gloves, I mean FULL IMMERSION, all 5 senses, DIRECTLY to your brain. Where kids go to a virtual school, where we shop in a virtual mall. Where we have no need of cars, as we can simply instantly travel virtually to where we need to be. Even while at home, and eating a meal from a tube, our interface makes it taste as if it was the best steak you can imagine. Sounds great? Well, to be sure, such things will all come at a cost...but I'd wager that even those who don't make a lot of effort...even the lowest rung of society, will still be well provided for.

Of course, this all has its ups and downs. But I can certainly see our tech and our lifestyles headed in this direction. Not even sure this should be a Rant, but somehow just feels like it.

Great post G! This should be in the Predictions forum, as well!

Thanks! Best, M. S.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

That's the point. You wouldn't give a crap, you could live in any reality you want...

Maybe you already are and didn't even realise it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join