It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous things we do without knowing it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well, heres a non political thread just for fun.We all have did things we look back on and say " damn I`m lucky to be alive!".This thread is just to enjoy talking about lucky to get away with experiances,so heres a couple to start.While in the military I was TDY to Darwin Australia and one day we decided to walk down to the beach.To get there we waded through knee deep grass and through a wooded area.As we started to the water someone warned us there were salt water crocs there-needless to say we left.Only years later did I find out about Taipans,brown snakes and death adders,which probably were in that field and woods.Another time a friend and I went bird hunting in the Mojave and stayed overnight ,in the cabover I had on my truck.During the night nature called and I went outside.On the way back as I rounded the camper I saw a couger about 10 feet away and jumped in the camper QUICK.I sat down and asked myself if I was imagining things-until it snarled outside the door that is.My buddy and I laughed it off saying it was mad at me for marking his territory,but I`m glad he didn`t want me for dinner.Thats a couple of my close ones,share some of yours if you`d like.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ridgerunner

Speak to women.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus Amen,led to marriage and a giant honey-do list in my case,lol.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ridgerunner

Speak to women.

The post said 'if you don't know it's dangerous.'

We know.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

We know.

Don't know about you but my brain functions tend to be limited and my judgement becomes impaired so I'm not always cognizant of what I'm saying to those sirens when they beguile me into conversating with them.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Driving on a 28 foot wide asphalt road, 14 wide feet going one way and 14 feet going another, separated by an imaginary wall represented by yellow lines painted on the asphalt. Oh, and traveling at 60 mph in both directions. Every other car you meet has an impaired driver of something or another... What could ever go wrong?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

We know.

Don't know about you but my brain functions tend to be limited and my judgement becomes impaired so I'm not always cognizant of what I'm saying to those sirens when they beguile me into conversating with them.

I just speak in Klingon and they instantly regret ever having the gNa'T'pah to Qua Un at my H'ping!

edit on 6-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I still ride a motorcycle. I've had countless close calls with unaware drivers.
edit on 6-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I eat gluten

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I eat gluten

I'll see your gluten......
And I'll raise you peanuts.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Walking into the hospital with a BAC of .49

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

We know.

I should introduce you to my friend Ketamine... Works wonders for horses and cows...

Lags
edit on 6-6-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Crap spelling and typing too fast.... Gnuuurrfffff!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I work at a mine site.
I was underground with the rock mechanic.
We were walking down a drift and turned into a heading that was being driven.
Being bozos, we were just talking about the seismic activity when suddenly we stopped at the same time, look up and realized we were under unbolted ground!
For those that do not understand the significance of this; every place in a mine needs ground support.
Its the ministry standard.
Unbolted ground means that there is a high potential for large rocks to peel off the back. ( Back means ceiling)

That was a bit of a rush - considering the ground conditions here are pretty awful in places

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Was in a car wreck back in high school, flipped the car 4 times with 7 of us squeezed in with no seatbelts on, walked away without a scratch.

Been shot at by the KKK when I was a kid, was standing outside of my apartment building in the tenderloin in San Francisco and saw a guys head get blown off with a shotgun close enough I had to throw my shoes away after.

Fell off a mountain one time when I was snowboarding, been dragged out by a rip tide when I was surfing and almost drown, somehow it released me at the last second and I was able to swim to the surface. Had to punch a shark one time when I was surfing near San Diego. Been ran over by a car. Jumped out of a car going down the road once, somehow lived, without a scratch.

Used to car surf in high school (where you lay down on the top of the car and hold on, while your friend drives 70+ mph and drifts around corners), set myself on fire more times than I can remember, died about 3-4 times I can’t talk about here due to T&C, and got bit by a rattlesnake once.

I’m sure there’s more, but those are the first things off the top of my head.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner
I've done loads of dangerous, life threatening things, but because I didn't know they were dangerous I can't remember them.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Drivings gotta be on top of dangerous stuff you don`t think about.Macenroe82,you couldn`t get me in a mine unless you tied me up and dragged me in,lol.Rode my Harley across the US,guess that was dangerous enough but sitting in Ysllowstone in Buffalo and Grizzly traffic jams while they are walking by probably wasn`t the safest place to be-but I`d love to do it again.Heck,walking out in my yards dangerous because of all the copperheads and rattlesnakes around here.,Sounds like you are lucky to still be kicking Underwerks
edit on 6-6-2018 by ridgerunner because: addition

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm Developed an allergy to peanuts in my early 30`s.Or itjust got worse?God, I miss those.Hadn`t even thought about that one,haven`t had a reaction in 23 years.Luckily mine wasn`t as bad as some people have.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Really only one thing comes to mind.

Back in high school, the art club took a spring break trip to San Diego. We'd gone to the beach for the day and several of us started wading out pretty far, horsing around and not realizing the tide was rapidly coming in on us. Apparently, there is a very dangerous rip tide out there and we were heading right for it.

The life guard was freaking out and yelling at us to come back to shore but we coudn't hear him so far out. He came and got us and we got a lecture on just how close a call that was. Wasn't scary at the time. More embarrasing really, but that was a bad situation still.

new topics

top topics

join