It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome To Your New World

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Get a patty press. Dont forget the wax paper sheets for it.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
We buy organic vanilla, boy is that stuff good compared to the commercial stuff the stores stock. No propylene glycol in that stuff. It costs 5.95 for a two ounce bottle when it is on sale now, it used to be cheaper but all vanilla seemed to jump up three years ago or so. One thing about that brand of vanilla, if the recipe calls for a teaspoon, you can use a half a teaspoon and get the same flavor as most of the stuff in the store. It is actually a little too flavorful if we use what it calls for in the recipes, recipes written when all there was was vanilla that was cut more and required the extra vanilla.

It isn't because the vanilla is organic, it is because of the regulations requiring a purer product in organic so less cutting.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Are some burgers really mealworm paste?? Source? I don't necessarily have a problem with that, but this is true?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: wlasp

That was a "rumor". Supposedly they arent. But might as well be when you compare fast flippers to the stuff at the store. Some years ago McDonald's had a huge billboard "100% BEEF" like they were all proud it was some achievement.

Where do they get all that "beef"??

We know the chicken nuggets / most style "chicken" patties (this goes for all the fast food joints) are basically playdough (I call it "Chicken Foam"), so there's that.

Mealworms would be better than playdough, no?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Interesting. I don't actually have a problem with this as long as there's some standards. Insects are probably the food of the future anyways.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Hi rickymouse. Can you please let me know the brand? pm if necessary

To the OP, maybe order online if you don't have a better store to choose from? I don't like living where I do but I do have access to lots of grocery choices so, lucky in that respect I guess.

eta: KICKING myself for not snagging the vanilla beans i found in clearance not long ago! WTH is wrong with me!?

edit on 5-6-2018 by Starcrossd because: added info

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Your post made me think of two things.

Way back in the day, if a girl really wanted to impress a guy, she didn't wear perfume, she wore vanilla. Now, if some backwoods girl in North Carolina could get vanilla, it probably wasn't imported. Just a guess on my part.

Remember Orwell's 1984? A re-occurring subplot was razor blades. Big Brother would announce that things are improving, productivity is up x %, this is better and that is better. But for some reason, razor blades were always hard to come by. You got the impression that in spite of what Big Brother said, the demands of the endless war took priority over something as trivial as razor blades.

Unless you wanted to shave.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

We get the simply organic brand. www.vitacost.com...

It appears to have gone up again, we get the two ounce usually, this shows the four ounce bottle. But the two ounce is over seven bucks now, we only have one unopened two ounce left in stock now but have maybe two thirds of the open bottle left yet. When we get a good sale, we will buy four or five vanillas..

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

You asked if it was Walmart. No. It was not Walmart. I never darken their doors, and if I did, (which I never intend on doing again), I certainly wouldn't buy any food from them.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Yeah, I did find another store in the other direction that carried pure vanilla, but it was around $6 for two ounces. It's more expensive than what I was paying for it, but you just can't live without it when the recipe calls for it.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Umm, ok, cars and vanilla. 1.) My grocery store has several brands of pure vanilla at various prices. Sorry about yours. 2.) Ford cars. They did NOT say they were only going to make two cars. They SAID they would no longer make the cars they do today, except two. IN OTHER WORDS, they'll have new models available. So relax. Really.

You're wrong. Ford will offer only two cars, the rest trucks and SUVs. Read any of a bunch of links out there that clearly states this, such as:

Ford To Stop Selling

And this from CBS:

Mustang , Focus crossover will be only Ford cars on the market in North America by 2020
edit on 6-6-2018 by TrulyColorBlind because: Added one more link to proof.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

Umm, ok, cars and vanilla. 1.) My grocery store has several brands of pure vanilla at various prices. Sorry about yours. 2.) Ford cars. They did NOT say they were only going to make two cars. They SAID they would no longer make the cars they do today, except two. IN OTHER WORDS, they'll have new models available. So relax. Really.

You're wrong. Ford will offer only two cars, the rest trucks and SUVs. Read any of a bunch of links out there that clearly states this, such as:

Ford To Stop Selling

And this from CBS:

Mustang , Focus crossover will be only Ford cars on the market in North America by 2020

Car manufacturers are going electric, Mercedes announced it will only be making electric cars from 2022 from memory, all vehicle manufactures will follow suit it's the next logical step.

Grow your own vanilla beans, you will need a small glasshouse and a little bit of know how.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Good news for ya. My buddy is a biochemist and his company is working on a new form of vanilla extract that will be super cheap and plentiful.

edit on 662018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Wow...Global Meltdown? You curse when they screw up your Latte. Guess you'll harm yourself if the power goes out. Darwin's Theory at Work Folks.
edit on 6-6-2018 by SecretsoftheBlueApples because: Classified Nunya

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Oddly, a chef and I were discussing the price of vanilla the other day and we are both unsure if there was some climatic reason for this or just greed. But take heart, she assured me that if I flavour my baked goods with other spices, fruits etc. that vanilla really isn't needed.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
In the survival forums I read, there is some little discussion about stocking basic spices. If I were to prioritize spices, it would go like this. Salt, pepper, coca, (vanilla now I guess) and although not a spice coffee. Basically any spice that is imported and can't be grown locally should be bought in bulk or on sale. Salt, although plentiful, is a life sustaining nutrient and a preserving agent, try living without it, you can't.

When eating whatever food is available becomes necessary, be it substandard staples, bush meat or gathered wild sources, it will go down better when you jazz it up with spices.
edit on 6-6-2018 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
cant buy vanilla. meanwhile, the FBI and police force are protecting child rapists because they are rich and powerful.

Doctors are injecting our babies with poison because they are too dumb to realize its a scam.

Science is suppressing all technology that can save humanity from destroying itself.

The Media only lies to us.

Expensive vanilla is the last thing you should be worried about.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
cant buy vanilla. meanwhile, the FBI and police force are protecting child rapists because they are rich and powerful.

Doctors are injecting our babies with poison because they are too dumb to realize its a scam.

Science is suppressing all technology that can save humanity from destroying itself.

The Media only lies to us.

Expensive vanilla is the last thing you should be worried about.

In a way, these little pleasures of life are also extremely important too.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

And here I thought an SUV WAS a car. Sure, if you decide suddenly to change definitions to suit your claim. Ther's nothing magical about an "SUV" compared to a "sedan." they are both "cars." What about a "crossover"? I've never even understood what that is supposed to be, but you know what? It's still a "car." If Ford were planning on dropping the number of units sold by half, you might have something. But they aren't. This is a non-event! Just like your scarcity of vanilla that isn't scarce anywhere but where you shop. (Hint: Walmart has it in about 40 different varieties.)
edit on 6/6/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Ah well, now the game starts. You all think that the 20 odd percent duty on imports of steel and ali was all that it's about. Think on this. From that duty all US exports will have to be that much higher. It will filter through slowly, everything that the US does not grow or manufacture (ie all imports) the cost will jump up. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
You don't think that it will affect the little things in your life? Think again.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join