It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration agents arrest 114 in landscaper sting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: luthier

why do you want American's to make less money so people from other countries can retire?

Why are you making things up. I am woodworker and life long carpenter.

He's not making anything up. Maybe a tough pill for you to swallow but they've killed skilled trade wages. There may be some states that haven't been effected as much as others, yes, but you have to be on another planet or making chit up if you haven't seen this because it's fact. I've worked my trade in CA. and Co. so don't try and tell me it's not issue.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

why do you want American's to make less money so people from other countries can retire?

Why are you making things up. I am woodworker and life long carpenter.

He's not making anything up. Maybe a tough pill for you to swallow but they've killed skilled trade wages. There may be some states that haven't been effected as much as others, yes, but you have to be on another planet or making chit up if you haven't seen this because it's fact. I've worked my trade in CA. and Co. so don't try and tell me it's not issue.

They didn't do anything. The employers and government republicans and Democrats did that.

Hence make a visa program for labor shortages.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I'm a carpenter they are completely full of s***

I work on every kind of commercial and residential job in the market illegals have literally crushed the industry in a dozen states at least

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I work on every kind of commercial and residential job in the market illegals have literally crushed the industry in a dozen states at least

Illegals didn't do sht. Their employers did.

Ps commercial sites require proof...even in Texas. Unless you are talking about some pipe fitters labor it's a totally different deal.
edit on 5-6-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

actually there's a lot of landscapers making 50k a year or more and there's tons of illegals I live in the northeast they are as much here as anywhere now

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

It's not the illegals not paying it's their employers.

The illegals pay their sales taxes and never get reimbursed. They own millions of homes as well.

The employers don't pay into the system.

Not true. I've been in this business going on 40 yrs and seen every loophole in the book.

And who the hell gets reimbursed for sales tax? Sales tax is exactly what it says.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Ps commercial sites require proof...even in Texas. Unless you are talking about some pipe fitters labor it's a totally different deal.

stop lying, it's business you have to be willing to compete it's just like sports

if 1 person is willing to cheat and hire illegal labor they can out bid you and take all the jobs that means you have to do it as well, it's not our fault that you don't know how the economy works and why the value of our currency puts us at a disadvantage competitively with 3rd world nations

go read a book on economics

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

actually there's a lot of landscapers making 50k a year or more and there's tons of illegals I live in the northeast they are as much here as anywhere now

BS. Loom up the average. The owners may or owner operators.

And no they are not here as much as everywhere. Get a clue and at least use some actual figures.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

there is no need for real world life experience

not when there is an agenda narrative to push foward
sarc

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

stop lying, it's business you have to be willing to compete it's just like sports

if 1 person is willing to cheat and hire illegal labor they can out bid you and take all the jobs that means you have to do it as well, it's not our fault that you don't know how the economy works and why the value of our currency puts us at a disadvantage competitively with 3rd world nations

go read a book on economics

I have a minor.

If they aren't hired they aren't working buddy. It's not real hard.

They have been allowed to work by politiciams.of both sides who are paid off. The employers hired them.

Verify employment
Create visas. Kick out the illegals.

It's real.simple.

Wonder why that isn't the focus.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

sarc

Who yours which makes no logical sense.

Look up the real numbers fella there aren't enough carpenters. Now that illegals are being shut down prices are increasing and real labor shortages are happening.

Pretty simple solutions. But they don't want those. They keep your narrative useful so the problem never gets solved.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

One clueless statement from you after another. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I don't even think you know what you're arguing this point you are just trying to be right

any real contractor's who work in the industry know what the hell is going on

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Really. They came here and forcibly took over jobs?

Lol. Keep fighting that culture war bro. It will never be solved.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

One clueless statement from you after another. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

I got hired working for a hardwood flooring contractor in California they wanted to pay me $14 an hour

nah sorry bud, not happening I just moved to a different state, I am not refinishing/installing anything for that price

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

sarc

Look up the real numbers fella there aren't enough carpenters. Now that illegals are being shut down prices are increasing and real labor shortages are happening.

Good, I hope it does slow down and labor is in demand. Wages would start to go back up to where they should be instead of the current slave wages. Are you just not getting this or what?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I don't even think you know what you're arguing this point you are just trying to be right

any real contractor's who work in the industry know what the hell is going on

Well you are talking to one. I already explained that problem.

The illegals didn't create that problem. The employers and politicians did by never addressing it.

Let's take Texas.. Republican to the core. They did nothing to stop this.

Why money..the state was booming didn't want to alow growth to deal with the labor voids....

Instead of working to create trades and skilled training programs they allowed floods of illegal labor.

It's not rocket science. The illegals didn't come and forcibly male people hire them. Greed allowed it and politicians use the left and right to maintain false narratives. So you fight amongst yourselves.

I am a libertarian so I have no problem with immigrants. But they should be legal through temporary visas.

But people like you pretend they aren't necessary that Americans will simply appear and do the work even when they don't and that becomes reality.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

god forbid I can bid more because there isn't 14 carpenter's bidding on every job

this guy is clueless maybe in texas that's how it is but guess what in the northeast it isn't like that

man I would love to be able to bid higher on jobs

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I don't care who create the problem stop building a strawman

it doesn't make a damn difference who create the problem we are talking about the impacts of the problems on the market and yes it's because of illegal labor

the !=logic

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

sarc

Good, I hope it does slow down and labor is in demand. Wages would start to go back up to where they should be instead of the current slave wages. Are you just not getting this or what?

I get it fine. I also.underarms how the cpi works.

Your suggesting the same concept as raising min wage overnight by 5 dollars an hour.

What happens is your higher wages have less purchasing power. But I guess you knew that since you know basic economics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join