It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samantha Bee’s husband fights to Keep poor black kids out of His Kid’s School

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Celebrities need to stay out of politics, period.

Most of them get fame for being really good at recess, or playing make-believe...

In the real world, this means you pass first grade.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Konduit

Typical blind right winger shooting their mouth off without thinking..

I never said he wasn't there.

Actually, no one did.

Just you in your attempt at muddying the waters.

Hang on...the first two words in your comment were "Fake news".....

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

The full text for the biased, blind peanuts...

I read the newspaper for some reason, I can’t believe it’s still around, but it disheartens me to wake up in the morning and see that the Upper West side is divided. We are not divided, we are absolutely united in wanting what’s best for our children. Whether that means a bigger place for our children to learn, or wanting to keep it here, we are all united in wanting what’s best for them.

That said. When you scroll down and you read rhetoric from some parents that suggests that you are opposed to this move ‘those against this idea are terrified of what it would look like if the school were to be in an area by the projects’ is dishonest at best and slanderous at worst.

So I urge you A, to stop talking to the press. This is a private matter, I think, from our community. This story doesn’t exist without your quotes.

And this goes for both sides too. Because the other quote is just insane from the other side, suggesting that opposing the relocation, that a high-performing school like this could not move to a (inaudible) poor area and not change, shows very little respect for these incredible teachers.

So just be mindful of when you speak, if you’re going to speak to the press, because slandering or saying anything negative about this teaching staff is wrong. And, conversely, painting any opposition as classist or racist is about as bad as it can get.

Please show where he doesn't want the school moved due to "poor black kids"....

Obfuscation

Of course they’re not worried about the school being moved, they’re worried that kids will be moved into their school.

Just imagine for a second that the following is a Trump quote referring to NYC
“And this goes for both sides too. Because the other quote is just insane from the other side, suggesting that opposing the relocation, that a high-performing school like this could not move to a (inaudible) poor area and not change, shows very little respect for these incredible teachers.”

What do you think he would mean by “ (inaudible) poor areas”?

I guarantee if Trump said it you would be saying it was racist

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Chadwickus

This might reach the front page by morning. As long as it strokes certain chords it doesn't matter whether it's fake news or not, ATS will eat it up.

It probably will. I don't see a large effort here to dig for the truth anymore. Instead of questioning the orchestrators of our government and society, people just picked a different team.

Only thing I hear around here lately is... ECHOOO ECHOOOOO ECHOOO.

Samantha Bee is a nobody, don't care about her one way or the other. I'm just tired of the media slinging biased crap left and right, and now my refuge doing the same.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I’m glad you are able to speak for all the parents there, I now feel better that all of them are not worried about the school moving 16 blocks.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Anyone who wants to learn and behave can. Teachers and schools would love you for doing this, they are not making kids misbehave.
Saying poor black kids have no chance unless they invade a posh white school is literally saying that they need that environment to behave and study hard.
Nuh-uh.
They need to look at why a school is bad in the first place. It's because of the pupils and leftist legislations that make sure teachers have no authorities whatsoever. What you get is mayhem.

I went to 'poor' schools. 2000 kids. We had exactly 4 'foreigners' at my school and TBH we all behaved as we should. There was no gangfare or fighting or disrupting the class, as this would have been nipped in the bud rather immediately.
And that was a lefty school!

I personally know what the problem is and it isn't the expensiveness of the schools, it's the quality of students and their desire to learn. If that's not there, you'll get # schools and it's not fixed by bringing those that can't or won't learn into schools where the pupils do want to have peace and get an education.

Being poor is not an excuse, there are plenty of intelligent poor people who study hard and get rewarded.

Culture and the inability to behave, are problems most people want to get away from and there is no excuse for that as it costs nothing, just integrity.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

This might reach the front page by morning. As long as it strokes certain chords it doesn't matter whether it's fake news or not, ATS will eat it up.

Funny thing is, you can search the thread on this very topic a few weeks back and see how ats collectively thought the rich kids should not be forced to move out of their schools to make room for lower income children.

A lot of the same people are now 'outraged' because the husband of someone who said something nasty toward the daughter of their Lord and Savior was part of that group protesting the proposal....
...Now it's unspeakable....

It's like a spell...of mental retardation...

edit on 5-6-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Samantha Bee has a husband?
That was the first clue something was wrong.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The full text for the biased, blind peanuts...

I read the newspaper for some reason, I can’t believe it’s still around, but it disheartens me to wake up in the morning and see that the Upper West side is divided. We are not divided, we are absolutely united in wanting what’s best for our children. Whether that means a bigger place for our children to learn, or wanting to keep it here, we are all united in wanting what’s best for them.

That said. When you scroll down and you read rhetoric from some parents that suggests that you are opposed to this move ‘those against this idea are terrified of what it would look like if the school were to be in an area by the projects’ is dishonest at best and slanderous at worst.

So I urge you A, to stop talking to the press. This is a private matter, I think, from our community. This story doesn’t exist without your quotes.

And this goes for both sides too. Because the other quote is just insane from the other side, suggesting that opposing the relocation, that a high-performing school like this could not move to a (inaudible) poor area and not change, shows very little respect for these incredible teachers.

So just be mindful of when you speak, if you’re going to speak to the press, because slandering or saying anything negative about this teaching staff is wrong. And, conversely, painting any opposition as classist or racist is about as bad as it can get.

Please show where he doesn't want the school moved due to "poor black kids"....

source?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yep, front page. How sad.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Uh-huh.

Read what I said very carefully.

I understand where they are coming from as parents. I am there too.

What I object to is their seeming inability to understand that when I make the exact same arguments they're making now, all they (and others like them can do) is point and call me racist for it. But now that the shoes are on their feet, this is righteous crusade for them and not racist at all.

If it's not racist for them and I'll bet it's not, then it's also not racist for damn near every other parent who is objecting to things like this happening in our own schools because I'll bet almost all of us are motivated by the exact. same. comcerns motivating the Bees in this piece.

But they'd rather play politics for all of us.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Hello front page.

ATS = Deny Ignorance?

Cuz the front page looks like Fake News greatest hits ever since DJ Trump got elected.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Maluhia

Fake news, chiefly because this is from 2016, and secondly a large part of his quote has been not so surprisingly omitted.

Yep, Snopes says so but read and fact check for yourself...

www.snopes.com...

Snopes is a biased Liberal denial site. It cannot be trusted.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I personally don't watch her...she's more everything than anyone she accuses others of being hiding behind a comedy sheild. If what her husbands doing is wrong.well its wrong. Let me ask you this .if it was your kids he was talking about would that matter to ya. Every1 has parents who care...that's all in saying. She's no roll model so I doubt her husbands much better. Sounds like a stay at home dad.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Snopes gives the cherry picked quote from the OP its context. If you don't think context can be trusted then I'm afraid to say that you're lost.
edit on 6/6/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Snopes gives the cherry picked quote from the OP its context. If you don't think context can be trusted then I'm afraid to say that you're lost.

Your lack of neutrality in presenting yourself as such is glaring. I think with the cherry picking Snopes has done, they have lost my respect for playing around with the truth. That approach doesn't ever give the full context of an idea. Really not smart to only get "Snopettes". That is exactly how people allow themselves the opportunity to be misled. The OP's theme is double standard. Please keep up.
edit on 6-6-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

And it did reach the front page even with the SECOND post in the thread calling this fake and providing proof on it.

Whatever happened to Deny Ignorance?

Mods, can obviously fake posts be moved or closed before they spread disinformation, regardless if they're left or right; or is Deny Ignorance no longer the site motto?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
a reply to: Atsbhct

Really? We’re denying ignorance but relying on snopes, which has been proven over and over to have a bias? I live here!!

Besides, if you read the snopes article, it does NOT debunk the story at all!

You're wrong again, Snopes has not been debunked or proven wrong, unless you believe what memes say.
Do you believe memes?

Here is a link so you can get your facts straight:

FackCheck did not create the meme

At no point did we ever “expose” the myth-busting website as “an extremely liberal propaganda site with an agenda to discredit anything that appears to be conservative.”

That false claim was made in a meme that began circulating on Facebook and other platforms in February. Several of our readers have asked us about it.

The meme says that Snopes.com has been “busted” as a “100% fake fact-checking site,” and that the Democratic National Committee and hedge fund billionaire George Soros have been “exposed” as its “clients.” It also features two photos purportedly showing the “Snopes CEO” meeting with Soros, who has long supported Democratic candidates and causes.

But David Mikkelson, the founder and executive editor of Snopes.com, is not in either photo. One shows Soros shaking hands with Gordon Bajnai, an economist and former prime minister of Hungary from 2009 to 2010, and the other photo shows Soros with Andrew Baron, the son of the late trial lawyer and Democratic fundraiser Fred Baron.

It's getting reaaaaaaly old having to fact check every damn thread. Half the time I spend on this site now is making sure people aren't lying -- whether they know it or not.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Closed for review.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join