It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til morning ALP2018

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: SprocketUK

a reply to: mysterioustranger

Ha. Like anyone who ever read or saw Peter Pan would be in any doubt.

And a few of our 300,000+ members world-wide in many different languages and ages... may never had read it.

But you're taking credit... nice. Real original when you didn't create it...

M. S.
Copyright owner
Published author
World Wide trademark holder.

It's ubiquitous by now. I took sod all credit for JM Barrie's work.
I've read that quote in a huge number of commercial novels and not once thought the author was trying to take credit for Peter Pan.

The fact you think I was speaks volumes about you completely missing the context of using it as the title.

And it's not copyright.

Open any copy of that book. Read the copyright contained in each and every copy.

Therein establishes credit... and it's not me... or you.

My point

Like I said. You have zero understanding of the context or, indeed how copyright works. Go bother someone else with your idiocy.

I own over 45 musical and literary copyrights, the 1st being filed in Library of Congress in 1974.

Multiple quarterly royalties received, music in 2 movies and The Sopranos tv show and DVD collection, contracts w Universal and Sony publishing.

Additionally, 3 published literary works(non self published).

I certainly know what I am talking about..you are seemingly clueless..and with that...good luck to you.

Perhaps..I'll think about copyrighting your o.p...under my name.

Good luck, God bless and good bye... Peace!

You seem to be an American, we are talking about the law of copyright over here, in England. In this case, it has expired so give it up, already.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

And a few of our 300,000+ members world-wide in many different languages and ages... may never had read it.

M. S.
Copyright owner
Published author

I've read that quote in a huge number of commercial novels and not once thought the author was trying to take credit for Peter Pan.

The fact you think I was speaks volumes about you completely missing the context of using it as the title.

And it's not copyright.

Open any copy of that book. Read the copyright contained in each and every copy.

My point

Like I said. You have zero understanding of the context or, indeed how copyright works. Go bother someone else with your idiocy.

I own over 45 musical and literary copyrights, the 1st being filed in Library of Congress in 1974.

Multiple quarterly royalties received, music in 2 movies and The Sopranos tv show and DVD collection, contracts w Universal and Sony publishing.

I certainly know what I am talking about..you are seemingly clueless..and with that...good luck to you.

You seem to be an American, we are talking about the law of copyright over here, in England. In this case, it has expired so give it up, already.

Not to mention that A, the use was transformative and B, it was not in any way infringing on the original work.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I suggested nothing of the sort..I am no one special, just experienced. One of millions of writers and composers/ w copyrights...all the same.

Just read my response to Oldcarpy above...thats it.

I would give and have given credit throughout my works..period. If you don't wish to nor get the point I was explaining to Oldcarpy above? Really, that's fine.

By the way...your original composition/thread here...it's well written.

Good luck..Peace...M.S.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

If I had tried to make my story about a boy who never grew up and had a pirate enemy, a fairy friend and all that stuff. You would have a point.
I used the phrase from the story to evoke a feeling of childhood dreaming and also for the nautical and space faring reference.

I can't believe you need it spelling out in black and white like this, really I can't.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Last time.

No ones done anything wrong. And as I was told once...and it's a small tiny thing...

"Give credit where credit is due... As you'd expect to be given to you".

Peace to all...

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

M. S.
Copyright owner
Published author

And it's not copyright.

My point

I collect royalties from the UK quarterly as well... And I thank you .
Peace

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

If I had tried to make my story about a boy who never grew up and had a pirate enemy, a fairy friend and all that stuff. You would have a point.
I used the phrase from the story to evoke a feeling of childhood dreaming and also for the nautical and space faring reference.

I can't believe you need it spelling out in black and white like this, really I can't.

Again sir.. You wrote a nice piece. And should be credited for it. Peace

Please review my earlier replies from today to all... so we can close the issue.

Good luck to you. Keep writing.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Please check your p.m. 's... M. S.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Done. We will draw a line under this then.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I liked the story very much!

As for your title, don't sweat it.

I checked the Copyright public catalog (1978 to present) for that title and it returned one hit:

A music album titled, "I Grew A Strain For Jesus" which contains the song "Straight on Til Morning", sub-titled (Second Star To The Right). There is also a song called, "Wish Upon A Star".

No additional credits are mentioned for either title which would seem to indicate they are not necessary.

No harm - no foul.
edit on 22-6-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel
Thanks, for both the comment and the looking into things, we sorted it out now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join