It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the finest examples of craftsmanship in history??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The Great Barrier Reef.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Huh? How old are you? Those things I listed were all designed and built in the USA, back when we did all of it here. You couldn't be more confused or more misdirected in your comment. Everything I listed was specifically not throw-away goods because they were so well designed. Every one of those designs lasts forever, particularly the older models. Gimme a break dude, you don't know me (especially as I am someone who works on old cars, and fixes everything before buying new).

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Methinks this ain't too bad...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

The Spanish Galleon. Then the Portuguese Galleons which were improved and tweaked when captured and put into military service by rival states. Europe kept them around in one variant or another for a long time.

They were mainly used for trade and were usually financed by groups of merchants.

Building one between hundreds of skilled craftsmen and specialized departments was the equivalent of a NASA team building a satellite for a far off space mission.

They even developed advanced rigging so a skeleton crew could sail the ship home if disaster struck while at war or exploring.

These ships were designed with a very advanced use of specialized construction materials and engineering concepts. They were also beautiful.

That is a masterpiece.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

No ship building is without skilled craftsmen.

I dont understand why you do this.

Because he doesn't agree with your political beliefs...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That is awesome! All those secret compartments and keys..just brilliant !

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join