It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits cant even be trusted with sharp objects

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Soldiers have knives, and they use them, in wars.

Why do people need these weapons of war????

"Soldiers have condoms when in public

Why do people need these weapons of war???"

Great logic.

Remove knives, and have only those manufacturing food able to own these weapons. They can precut everything and just sell food ready to go, no cutting needed.

So you dont cook your own food and are reliant on others to feed you.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Pointless thread... Ha... . Pun intended...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Even a sharpened crayon can poke out an eye.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   

The lid left over after opening a soup can.

Ban cans. Roll up to the Commons kitchen and be spoon fed by the nanny state.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

If this Judges advice is listened to and just 1 innocent life is saved, well I guess i can always buy sliced bread, so win win

Why of course just 1 life saved makes it all worthwhile./sarc

If you think bread slices are cut with a knife ...well I cant really help you.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
A knife with no point?

What’s next, fish with no chips?!

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
A judge in England is suggesting that all kitchen knives be rounded. He went on to say "why do we need these 8 inch and 10 inch pointed knives?" And proposed a ban on selling pointed knives.
HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN? The english government is literally trying to treat its citizens like kindergartens and make them use saftey scissors.

Honest to god, i kept having to make sure they didnt make a mistake and start citing the onion.
www.nraila.org...

About time! - Finally the UK has realized that taking away guns from the public is totally inadequate for the safety of its
citizens.

Knives are everywhere - Can you really trust that person sitting next to you at the diner table with a sharp knife?
- Ofcourse not! - Every knife is a concealed weapon and must be made out of plastic - Here too is a problem as
plasic knives also can be dangerous - not to mention tools, any of which that are pointed........Or how about
hammers? - How do you know for sure that the carpenter will not go bananas and hit you with it?

No, Britain is no longer safe, draconian gun control is insuficient - And even the Human body can be a weapon.

Brits must wake-up and face the internal threat, place monitroring devices on all people - Extend the fact that
Britain is already the most heavily surveilled country in the world - and put surveillance cameras in all homes and
flats.

Wake up Britain now

Knives are too sharp and filing them down is solution to soaring violent crime, judge says
See article here:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

PS: George Orwell "1984" was a very famous British writer [or should we say prophet?] and 1984, a dystopian novel of the future
predicted a world controled by a very sinister cabal that manipulated, controlled, and monitored all its citizens.

edit on 5-6-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Depends where you live in Britain, plenty of legally held shotguns in my area, an old boy walks past my house carrying his most days on his way to go shooting whatever it is he shoots.
Illegaly smuggled firearms from Eastern Europe are also easy to buy, just expensive. I can only imagine how many there are, but outside of #holes like London, most criminals only wave them in the faces of other criminals, think drug dealers etc.
Even our criminals who rent guns out have standards, why do you think Islamic killers use cars and knives? Our gangsters won't rent them guns, and the Eastern Europeans would probably shoot them for even asking.
Outside of London and the Daily Mail, Britain is vastly different to what some imagine it is.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Depends where you live in Britain, plenty of legally held shotguns in my area, an old boy walks past my house carrying his most days on his way to go shooting whatever it is he shoots.
Illegaly smuggled firearms from Eastern Europe are also easy to buy, just expensive. I can only imagine how many there are, but outside of #holes like London, most criminals only wave them in the faces of other criminals, think drug dealers etc.
Even our criminals who rent guns out have standards, why do you think Islamic killers use cars and knives? Our gangsters won't rent them guns, and the Eastern Europeans would probably shoot them for even asking.
Outside of London and the Daily Mail, Britain is vastly different to what some imagine it is.

That same quote can be used to describe the bulk of the U.S. as well (outside the major metro cities like NY, perhaps Detroit, Chicago, and LA).

Yet, the media seems to LOVE blasting these negative exception stories. Welcome to the fun Brits. Perhaps now you may understand that not all citizens of a country can be judged by the actions of a minority few bad people.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
About time! - Finally the UK has realized that taking away guns from the public is totally inadequate for the safety of its
citizens.

Good Lord. How you don't know the Brits.

Knife crime in the US is pretty much at the same rate as the UK. The only thing that makes the US stand out is the death toll from guns. Besides, and to to note, there's 1.5 million guns in legal circulation in the UK, so citizens hardly disarmed. Guns are just sensibly distributed.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Agreed fella

I don't judge the US on headlines either, any nation to be honest, we're all people doing our thing.
And laws as well, lol, I treat them as guidance alone, I live by my own definition of what is morally right, and what my 'tribe' deems to be acceptable.
Daily Mail articles, and outside of London is a different UK

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Agreed fella

I don't judge the US on headlines either, any nation to be honest, we're all people doing our thing.
And laws as well, lol, I treat them as guidance alone, I live by my own definition of what is morally right, and what my 'tribe' deems to be acceptable.
Daily Mail articles, and outside of London is a different UK

Thanks for the support, honestly.

However, there are many of your own countrymen here on ATS that disagree with your position. These people actually believe that the headlines represent the bulk of the country. That is the target audience I was intending to reach with my post. Just a reminder that in every case we cannot judge the majority by the minority actions.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Gosh I despair sometimes when I read things from fellow Brits lol!
I think most of us on ATS are a decent rational bunch, but like any population there's always the good the bad and the ugly.
For the record, I think any attempted gun grab in the US is absolutely ridiculous because only the law-abiding citizens would hand them in, then they would be vulnerable. Maybe make people attend a gun club for training for X weeks before they can buy their first firearm or something, just to stop crazy folk rocking up in a gun store with cash, I don't know, but I support the right of Americans to bear arms for protection.
Heck, I've got a loved friend in a southern US state has bears running around her city, I'd carry for sure lol

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Cool dont need help of people I did not ask

you look after yours and I will loook after mine, yeah i must have missed companys like Warburtons and just thought they had a kid with a dog cutting bread all day by hand.

And if it was 1 member of your family who you loved which was saved I would be happy yet you state "Why of course just 1 life saved makes it all worthwhile./sarc "

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Come on, you have to admit the judges comments were ridiculous.
Banning sharp pointy knives FFS! They'll always be needed, for either catering or building, whatever. If I wished to stab someone in a world which bans pointy knives I'd just sharpen a screwdiver on the grinder.
The judge seems like a right knob to me lol

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Come back down to planet Earth mate before you get an altitude nose bleed.

Most of the UK is perfectly safe to walk around in. Most people will live their entire lives without confronting violence. Our police are usually OK people and I dare say most US cops are OK too. We can buy unnecessary knives and apply for guns. Hunting game and deer are popular activities. Only five miles from here is a gun store selling pump-action and semi-auto shotguns.

It's not perfect, but it's nothing at all like some of you seem to believe. To be fair, the only place that's ANYTHING like you describe is North Korea.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

How are there still deer, or even trees for that matter, on that tiny little island with that many homo sapiens walking around?

edit on 5-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I admit as a builder I need sharp pointy things but then again I could care less if bread knives were removed from public, I cant even remember the last time I purchased one, its not gonna ruin your life and it might save someone elses, of course murder will continue, history tells us that, humans will ALWAYS find a way

Lets just not make it easier for knobheads to purchase knives then, may i suggest speaking to a relative of a victim of knife crime, i promise you saving 1 persons life ultimately can save many, the hurt and pain caused when a young life is lost is insurmountable for some people.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

They keep us all restricted to 'urban zones' and only hard work in the factories will earn enough credits to see the countryside. It's tough, but the bread rations are enough for us.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

If only you still had trees you'd at least have sawdust to put in the bread. Well trees and sharp sawblades (banned).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join