It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits cant even be trusted with sharp objects

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
my favorite kitchen knife is this big rounded sharp knife. it cuts veggies the best lol. and its big so cutting garlic is easier. but thats my own personal collection lol.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
When will the UK ban all the primitive videos. You know the one where they teach you to make Stone Age tools.

Flint knives will be all the rage....

Liberal elites taking you guys back to the Stone Age. At least no one will say a bad/hurtful word or live stream your trail.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

The absolute state of the UK

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

The world is starting to turn into that movie demolition man from the 90s except worse.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Soldiers have knives, and they use them, in wars.

Why do people need these weapons of war????

Remove knives, and have only those manufacturing food able to own these weapons. They can precut everything and just sell food ready to go, no cutting needed.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Just one guys opinion.

This is not view of the UK government, it’s not law it’s not even a popular opinion.

Let’s stop pretending that one persons views means that “Brits cant even be trusted with sharp objects” is a fact.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

To be fair, im a Brit and i cant be trusted with any sharp implements.

Screwdriver? Yep, gouged my fingers with one (multiple occasions).

Lock knife? Yes, carved a chunk out my fingers.

Kitchen knives? Bizarely few injuries.

I could go on so im starting to think this judge has a point!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

The toolbox? Oh noes! Sawzall's be like bazooka's!

Why stop there?

SHARPened pencils?

Pens?

Time for the cops to do pencil & pen buybacks, and hand out crayons on Sundays.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
M'eh. This is nothing new.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Obviously you rely on take out prepped meals and have never filleted or deboned. Who needs gas or electric hotplates in the kitchen hey?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Obviously that judge doesn't do any cooking or he would know why we need pointy knives. On a weapons note, if they remove pointy knives, people will just use screwdrivers or Stanley knives or something else that is sharp.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

You forgot paper spikes

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

We should have a list of everything that needs to be ground down. Scissors would be a good start. Ii''m not sure pencils are safe either.

John Wick killed three men in a bar with a pencil.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Grinders whetstones files..
How about we ban judges who overstep the mark and interfere with lawmaking

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Nothing new here and welcome to around 500 years ago and blame it to Cardinal Richelieu…

As the story says….

Cardinal Richelieu got irritated by the brutish behaviour of men at the dining tables of the time, stabbing their daggers (which doubled as table cutlery) into chunks of meat and other food, or into the table, for that matter, if they needed their hands free. And even worse was their despicable habit of using the sharp daggers to pick their teeth at the end of the meal. To put an end to this behaviour, he ordered his kitchen staff to file off the sharp points of all the house knifes. The idea caught on, and it wasn’t long before this new style of rounded table knife became a trendy dinner accessory in upperclass French households.

In 1669, King Louis XIV of France banned pointed knives – at the table and as weapons – to try put an end to the culture of violence of the time. This further cemented the position of the round-ended table knife as preferred form of cutlery.
Over time, the exact shape and form of the table knife changed, becoming slightly wider to make it easier to scoop food onto a fork, and to make it easier to spread butter or other spreads onto a slice of bread. (Anyone who’s ever tried spreading butter onto bread using a carving knife will know what a frustrating process it can be.)

sciencelens.co.nz...

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Nothing new here and welcome to around 500 years ago and blame it to Cardinal Richelieu…

As the story says….

Cardinal Richelieu got irritated by the brutish behaviour of men at the dining tables of the time, stabbing their daggers (which doubled as table cutlery) into chunks of meat and other food, or into the table, for that matter, if they needed their hands free. And even worse was their despicable habit of using the sharp daggers to pick their teeth at the end of the meal. To put an end to this behaviour, he ordered his kitchen staff to file off the sharp points of all the house knifes. The idea caught on, and it wasn’t long before this new style of rounded table knife became a trendy dinner accessory in upperclass French households.

In 1669, King Louis XIV of France banned pointed knives – at the table and as weapons – to try put an end to the culture of violence of the time. This further cemented the position of the round-ended table knife as preferred form of cutlery.
Over time, the exact shape and form of the table knife changed, becoming slightly wider to make it easier to scoop food onto a fork, and to make it easier to spread butter or other spreads onto a slice of bread. (Anyone who’s ever tried spreading butter onto bread using a carving knife will know what a frustrating process it can be.)

sciencelens.co.nz...

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

To be fair, im a Brit and i cant be trusted with any sharp implements.

Screwdriver? Yep, gouged my fingers with one (multiple occasions).

Lock knife? Yes, carved a chunk out my fingers.

Kitchen knives? Bizarely few injuries.

I could go on so im starting to think this judge has a point!

Give these Brits a drawer of silverware and you're looking at a weapon of mass destruction!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
Obviously that judge doesn't do any cooking or he would know why we need pointy knives. On a weapons note, if they remove pointy knives, people will just use screwdrivers or Stanley knives or something else that is sharp.

I nominate this judge for Most Shortsighted of the Year Award.

I'll bet I could put you eye out with pretzel sticks.

And with a TBone, sheeeeit, I could make a punching weapon with a sharp bone skewer sticking out my fist.

I've seen whole fish one could bludgeon someone with (and all those bones oh noes).

I could knock a bitch out with an English Cucumber.

Lime juice in the eyes.

Hot PEPPER SPRAY.

The lid left over after opening a soup can.

McDonald's being sued for spilt hot coffee, as if he shouldnt get all this.

And then what about round thin crust pizza, all those sharp points in the middle... put anchovies on it... dont even get me started.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

I hear Judge Nic Madge developed a heart murmur after seeing Chronicles of Riddick:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
A judge in England is suggesting that all kitchen knives be rounded. He went on to say "why do we need these 8 inch and 10 inch pointed knives?" And proposed a ban on selling pointed knives.
HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN? The english government is literally trying to treat its citizens like kindergartens and make them use saftey scissors.

Honest to god, i kept having to make sure they didnt make a mistake and start citing the onion.
www.nraila.org...
LMAO, it's just a judge giving their opinion, Parliament sets the law.
The knife law is lame in the UK anyway, criminal youths just ignore it. I carry a 3 inch folding blade, which is the legal limit. You don't need more than 3 inches to kill. Not that I want to, but if facing someone else with a knife attacking me it would be reasonable force for me to stab them. I stabbed a burglar with a kitchen knife years ago, didn't go to court, the Crown Prosecution Service deemed it reasonable force. I'm happy with UK law, this judge in the OP is just giving opinion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join