It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giuliani: Trump 'probably' has power to pardon himself

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Even if evidence comes to light that shows that a crime was indeed committed we would still have to get a different special council to recommend impeachment because the current council is null and void according to the law and it is just one court ruling away from being officially nullified.

Are you even remotely aware that the investigation was requested by republicans, the special prosecutor was appointed by a republican, and the head honcho investigator is a republican?

What else do you want? Russians to do it?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
No criminal in the usa could be kept in jail by this investigation.

Even if evidence comes to light that shows that a crime was indeed committed we would still have to get a different special council to recommend impeachment because the current council is null and void according to the law and it is just one court ruling away from being officially nullified.

a shotgun approach to the investigation is unconstitutional

What's it like to live in a delusional reality, anyway?

people we have to follow the constitution

Lol, no #. But that's funny, coming from the MAGA SUTA crowd, who wants to throw the Constitution and the rule of law out the window, scrapping the bottom of whatever BS so-called "legal" barrel they can to see what sticks in a futile and pathetic attempt to redefine the very nature of government in their favor and delusional world-view.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Any Trumpist that defends this crap is an enemy of freedom no matter what they say.

NO ONE WHATSOEVER should be above the law. NO ONE. The CONSTITUTION is supposed to be the supreme law of the United States, not its President's OPINION. This disgusting power play is one of the most despicable I've ever seen, up there with the PATRIOT Act and the establishment of the EU.

REMEMBER: The #1 threat to the NWO has always been Americans' refusal to be told what to do no matter what the rest of the planet wants. Their stubborn refusal to submit even when they're factually wrong (and they have been) is frustrating to TPTB. WIllingly allowing Trump to get away with whatever he wants is tantamount to surrender - you will signal to them that as long as the right person is in charge, you will let them remove any freedom they want.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Who even listens to this idiot any more. Giuliani I mean. Ever since he left office (mayor) he started going off the rails. He became that weird guy at the bar that you would do anything to not have a conversation with. He became that weird uncle that you never told about your Super Bowl party, because you didn't want him to attend it.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Just when you thought they couldn't possibly get any more triggered...

Old Giuliani gives it a go... and is gloriously successful.

Words & ideas really do have immense power! Ooooooo scary!!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

You're seriously gonna sit there and insist it's ok for the President to pardon himself, effectively meaning the POTUS can do ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING and make it legal?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AquinasProtocol

You're seriously gonna sit there and insist it's ok for the President to pardon himself, effectively meaning the POTUS can do ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING and make it legal?

No. Of course not.

But he hasn't pardoned himself and I'd bet my house that he wouldn't.

Yet, don't let that stop you from getting all up in arms over the idea of it! LOL

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Satire (reprise):

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The media loved the idea of Hillary pardoning herself over
her email crimes. LOL, such hypocrisy.

Will Hillary Pardon Herself?

Is there any way out for her? By law, she could actually pardon herself and clear the record. A president can pardon any person, including the president.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

It's been established you can not indict a sitting president for crimes he committed before he is in office further Congress can only impeach him for certain transgressions against congress..

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
The media loved the idea of Hillary pardoning herself over
her email crimes. LOL, such hypocrisy.

Will Hillary Pardon Herself?

Is there any way out for her? By law, she could actually pardon herself and clear the record. A president can pardon any person, including the president.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Yep, "Law & Crime" said that too back in May of 2016...

A President Hillary Clinton Could Pardon Herself and Congress Might Be Helpless to Act

lawandcrime.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

twitter.com...

As has been stated by numerous legal scholars, I have the absolute right to PARDON myself...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
But I wouldn't

Please don't forget that last line it makes quite a difference

edit on 5-6-2018 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I'm sure they have plenty of evidence. You're desires won't hurry Mueller or his team. You'll just have to wait til he's ready.

You wanna bet on that?

Your feelings and hopes are not facts.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

What are you getting at? The special counsel is perfectly legal. The warrant for Page was completely legal.
The republicans would have shut it down or never let it be started.

I am talking about facts.

Mueller has jumped his boundaries and he has no longer any authority over trump other than writing a report. He cleared trump twice of criminal conduct and that ended any power he had over trump. The reason is because trump is head over all doj investigations unless trump is a specific target.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: howtonhawky
No criminal in the usa could be kept in jail by this investigation.

a shotgun approach to the investigation is unconstitutional

What's it like to live in a delusional reality, anyway?

people we have to follow the constitution

Lol, no #. But that's funny, coming from the MAGA SUTA crowd, who wants to throw the Constitution and the rule of law out the window, scrapping the bottom of whatever BS so-called "legal" barrel they can to see what sticks in a futile and pathetic attempt to redefine the very nature of government in their favor and delusional world-view.

I am not part of the crowd you cite.

You spew feeling and not any substance.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Are you even remotely aware that the investigation was requested by republicans, the special prosecutor was appointed by a republican, and the head honcho investigator is a republican?

What else do you want? Russians to do it?

Yes i have traced the origins of the investigations.

I get the feeling your hands are tied but you should seek the facts.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Giuliani is not above dirty tricks, in order to get nomination for mayor of New York he pretty much muscled his way into the FBI's investigations into the mob, taking credit when none was due and lo and behold-he becomes mayor.

However he might have had had a Freudian slip of the tongue; saying that Trump can pardon himself suggests that Trump might have made a boo boo-why would suggest a self pardon if your employer has nothing to hide?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

However he might have had had a Freudian slip of the tongue; saying that Trump can pardon himself suggests that Trump might have made a boo boo-why would suggest a self pardon if your employer has nothing to hide?

I think they have Trump dead to rights on obstruction, at least. Ergo, the musings of the president CAN'T obstruct justice and of self pardon.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Two things:
1) what did he obstruct
2) is obstruction of that treason, bribery, or high crimes/misdemeanors?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join