It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Microsoft split Keyboard makes my words come out funny - don't get one!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I picked up one of these keyboards about a year ago. Figured my fingers would get used to it.

And they did, and I can type just as well, but it makes the words that come out jarbled sometimes due to some sort of strange phenomenon involving left right brain synchronization or something and I won't even notice that the wrong word was substituted.

It really pisses me off. I'll make a post on twitter and then when I go back to read it it's like it was written by someone for whom English is a second language.

Does anyone have one of these keyboards?

I don't recommend it.

edit on 3-6-2018 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Now someone will get one because I told you not to based on personal experience, just to see for themselves.

Which is the opposite of the intent of the OP.

Marketing. It's a strange phenomenon. If it looks sexy, people will buy it, like I did. Idiot me!

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

The secret is to always use the CAPSLOCK if a word has a "Q" in it.

💥🔐

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Good sales pitch for those who are trying to be comedians.

I need one of those keyboards for when I make up jokes.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
Now someone will get one because I told you not to based on personal experience, just to see for themselves.

Which is the opposite of the intent of the OP.

Marketing. It's a strange phenomenon. If it looks sexy, people will buy it, like I did. Idiot me!

I wouldn't QUIBBLE about such INCOSEQUETIALITIES.

Goodness, it WERQS even when you screw up the spelling like a marketing person!

edit on 3/6/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
That is very interesting. I have a normal keyboard and I touch type, but for the last few years I have noticed that I have had a gradual loss of ability to type correctly or form sentences correctly, even though I would swear I got it correct until I read it over. It is not just the fumble fingers typos that have increased. There are words missed out that I know went through my mind as I typed, yet just don't arrive on the screen and I end up perplexed as to how this happened, but specially as I watch what I am typing as I type it, so correct my typos as I go but don't see whole words are missed until I read it over at the end. I find it rather worrisome that something is degenerating in my brain, especially since my short term memory is now atrocious and often find myself struggling to bring even an easy word to mind when speaking, e.g. Bathroom, then wonder why it took me so long to recall the word.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
This is a joke , right ?
If not , get a Razer

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

My sp lit keyb ord dr ives me cra zy al so.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

mostall ketboards work for me but sometimes i spit burban on it and they act funny

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BillyJoeOzarks
To stop spitting burban you need to switch to sour mash whisky. Problem solved. See how that works?

new topics

top topics

join