It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could buy just ONE pistol ???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Security Six is a nice pistol! I owned one for many years. I sold it (another one I wish I'd kept) to buy an engine for a truck.

I've shot a ton of revolvers and semis...nothing fits me better than the security 6. At 50 yards I can hit the X ring reliably. 5/6 times that is.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Easy.
1911A1 .45 acp.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
My wish list gun is the Kimber 10mm Super Jagare

It is claimed to have special recoil management design to lessen recoil so it shoots like any 9mm.
I have never fired one though.

Always wanted a 10mm.

edit on 4-6-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Probably a small single stack 10mm with a 6+1 capacity and comparable in size to an Springfield XDs .45 or S&W Sheild .45, with Glock like reliability and no finger grooves on the frame(like a Gen 5 Glock). Such a pistol doesn't exist yet(a deep concealment 10mm).

That pistol doesn't exist and the Glock 20 and 29 are larger than I like thickness wise in the grips.
So for now that title goes to my Glock 19, which is surprisingly concealable with the right holster, to the extent that it works with my summer attire. I carry in the 3'o clock position and find that to be my ideal location for a handgun.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
.440 Cor-Bon Desert Eagle
www.armslist.com... orbon-magnum--44-magnum--and

The ballistics are fantastic for a semiautomatic hunting handgun and the magazine capacity and barrel options are really nice. This particular chambering is rare as hens teeth, but I'm a sucker for bottle neck cartridges.
edit on 3-8-2018 by skynet2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'd use a really big knife, it's quicker.

'I haven't shot a rifle since 1982' So not really familiar with them.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
If I had to pick one to keep just one, I'd keep my FN FNX 9mm, It does everything I need a pistol to do with the right size magazine and barrel making it ideal to carry for me.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Eventually I'd like to get the kimber stainless target Ii with the black rubber grips. Its nothing super fancy but I just love the look of that pistol

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The choice depends on the use. If you collect, or want to start a collection, each choice is individual. For self/home defense, a Glock 19 is the best choice. Easy to use, lightweight, not expensive. In my state, I can conceal or open carry almost anywhere. In my comfort zone I carry a G19 with a G17 mag. If I have to travel outside of the "green zone" , I like the SIG Sauer P226 with a 20-round magazine.
If your proposed purchase is for SHTF purposes, stick to 9mm. You may have to use ammo from any source, even police rounds. Most police agencies use 9mm. The one's that switched to .40S&W are reconverting to 9.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
What's your Holy Grail of pistols?

This being ATS, I'm suspicious of that question. How do I know you aren't a federal agent trying to figure who has what and compiling a list?

Seriously though, mine's a Ruger LC9S. Nothing fabulous but it gets the job done. I love going to the range and spending a few dozen rounds. My wife is a better shot than I am.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join