It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Expert: America’s Poor Becoming More Destitute Under Trump

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Holy crap!! This really is appalling. Oh wait why is Willtell being racist? This study has to do with the Obama White House. This is from the article;

Almost 41 million people or 12.7 percent live in poverty, 18.5 million in extreme poverty, and children account for one in three poor, he said. The United States has the highest youth poverty rate among industrialized countries, he added.
“Its citizens live shorter and sicker lives compared to those living in all other rich democracies, eradicable tropical diseases are increasingly prevalent and it has the world’s highest incarceration rate ... and the highest obesity levels in the developed world,” Alston said.
However, the data from the U.S. Census Bureau he cited covers only the period through 2016, and he gave no comparative figures on the extent of poverty before and after Trump came into office in January 2017.

Notice the last part, the part that isn't quoted in the OP? Here let's read that again;

However, the data from the U.S. Census Bureau he cited covers only the period through 2016, and he gave no comparative figures on the extent of poverty before and after Trump came into office in January 2017.

Isn't it racist to criticize Obama still?

edit on 3-6-2018 by Guyfriday because: Prediction of the future

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
UN expert
Example of a UN expert -
The first head of the IPCC .
A railroad engineer from India with a business degree
Later , had to step down and return to India to face charges of molestation.

Given this , is any UN "expert" someone we need to be heeding ?

And the post right above this one sums it up...

Thread done...

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Whoa whoa whoa!!! how dare anyone write anything negative about the fuhrer!!!!! We should have the minister of propaganda fired for letting such fake news be written!!

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Seriously?

Ol Blue Eyes had it right. I been there, done that.

BS article aside.

Spare me the poor children BS when we pay for other countries poor and border walls and security.

Bring that money back home.

How many rich EU's adopt poor american kids? Or rich S. Americans? To give them a good life, not for trafficking.

Maybe the NGO's should be in the USA too?

Can you picture it?

What was that fund we use to collect pennies for back in the day for poor african kids?

It seems it was always for other kids, not us poor.

Too bad the monies are not getting to the people that need it.

"I was a poor black child" lol.

Sorry, Steve Martin was funny.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

OK, I have to ask.... They have experts at the UN??? I find that hilarious :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Whoa whoa whoa!!! how dare anyone write anything negative about the fuhrer!!!!! We should have the minister of propaganda fired for letting such fake news be written!!

Your only part right. The ministry jumps into action anytime something positive is said by people they dictated are Trumpets worshipping their God. The MSM ministry is the decider of right and wrong and who is a legitimate head of state.

It's funny that people who consider the MSM the righteous gods of information are the ones throwing insults of false diety.

It's actually supper creepy.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Whoa whoa whoa!!! how dare anyone write anything negative about the fuhrer!!!!!

But , he has been out of office for over a year. And that was a racist remark....you need to edit that and instead type Caliph.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I don’t doubt it, but I do doubt it has ANYTHING to do with trump...

Automation has been killing industries, or what labor powers that industry for centuries and it has just been speeding up exponentially.

We are reaching the point where human labor is just ridiculously more expensive than machines..

“Fixing” that will take just a monumental shift in everything we do..

The kinda shift it will take a long time and a lot of pain before we fox it.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
To sum up my views
I just read an article where President Duterte just told a special UN rapporteur "tell that ESSOBee to GtoH"(quote edited for T&C reasons) that this problem was an internal problem within the country.

Agree , disagree , love or hate Duterte ( I cannot speak for that , I do not live in the Philippines) yet he is correct.
The UN was set up for INTERNATIONAL matters , not the internal matters of a sovereign nation.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If the war on drugs didn't work, what makes you think the war on poverty will?

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Automation is only effecting certain sectors, we are in dire need of tradesman and automation will not fix that for quite some time.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I don’t doubt it, but I do doubt it has ANYTHING to do with trump...

Automation has been killing industries, or what labor powers that industry for centuries and it has just been speeding up exponentially.

We are reaching the point where human labor is just ridiculously more expensive than machines..

“Fixing” that will take just a monumental shift in everything we do..

The kinda shift it will take a long time and a lot of pain before we fox it.

You guys have become too cynical, every institution is bad to you guys except the rich and powerful who as recall ruined the economy in 2008.

They did that through deregulations

What is happening now under Trump?

The same things that led up to the 2008 depression.

You poor people put your faith in the same things under Bush when he almost literally wrecked the world economy’

Trump likely will end up doing worse

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Trump and the GOP have removed all the regulations on the banks that were put there after the 2008 depression they caused.

That is what you should be worried about.

You people forget all the millions of 401k plans that wee wrecked under the Republican Bush regime in 2008.

Not to mention the Iraq war and the 911 induced patriot act

What Trump is doing is 1000 times worse!

Alienating the entire world practically

Worsening the racial and economic divide.

Starting to incite potential wars in NK and now Iran

Putting wreckless tariffs on allies

Expect doom

DOOM

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump and the GOP have removed all the regulations on the banks that were put there after the 2008 depression they caused.

That is what you should be worried about.

You people forget all the millions of 401k plans that wee wrecked under the Republican Bush regime in 2008.

Not to mention the Iraq war and the 911 induced patriot act

What Trump is doing is 1000 times worse!

Alienating the entire world practically

Worsening the racial and economic divide.

Starting to incite potential wars in NK and now Iran

Putting wreckless tariffs on allies

Expect doom

DOOM

Good! coz the alternative is worse.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Alternative?

When Clinton left the budget was balanced and the economy was soaring.

Obama, though I’m no fan, we have to admit at least left a somewhat stable economy that Trump is taking credit for like the pig he is

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Well, not under Trump. If you read your own article you'd know it only references time under Obama. Idiot.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

But that's the huff post headline, can't exactly rely on you to use your own brain apparently.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Alternative?

When Clinton left the budget was balanced and the economy was soaring.

Obama, though I’m no fan, we have to admit at least left a somewhat stable economy that Trump is taking credit for like the pig he is

LOL!

Stable under the table.

# happens. Like 9/11

Obama is the head vermy.

Trump is turning it all around.

No doubt there.

Did it in 18 months. Obama had 8 yrs.

Obama failed to change what bush did.

No show senator did squat except lose jobs as POTUS. (they ain't coming back so get over it"

The left sucks for "we the people"

They are the party of "we the people that rule"

You have no problem blaming anyone else. lol, that's the MO.

Stolen Valor. Giving obama credit.

Vermin!

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Epitome of Oxymoron....U.N. Expert... And Huffing on a Fat Rooster Post???... Surely ye jest...

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
What about the children? Typical.

I take good care of my daughter just like every parent is responsible for the well being of their kids. The problem is some parents are selfish and don’t do what is needed. It isn’t anyone’s responsibility to pay for your reproductive choices.

That there is 'the rub' They biatch and complain; sub-consciously they must actually LOVE IT and to express that LOVE they find a partner to have unprotected secks. It is so groovy living in poverty, BOING!!!!!

Now with Herr Drumpf turning Sex Education™ back to abstinence, it should get groovy for a bunch of Us.

"Hey baby, You got Section 8 Housing?... My 3rd baby's momma had it and it was off da hook..."

'Yes, I do, in fact after having baby #5 I got a raise in My 'income'...

"Oh baby that make me all sorts a horny...."

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join