It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic field change at Kilauea evidence of major changes internally

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Ok, this is fantastic. The compass for the erupting Volcano is reversing as instrument laden craft fly around the main vent before the eruption that has now at least partially sealed the main vent and moved the the lava vents dramatically.

www.express.co.uk...

I think this is the 1st time I have heard of this that I can recall before this search.

Here are some links we can explore.

www.evolutionaryleaps.com... me-period/

This one from Wisconsin U. that is a good reason for this thread.
"lava flows provide clues to mag field reversals', BING BING i say!
news.wisc.edu...

This has been one of my observations that all the magma, and all the water molecules in the air, are magnetically attracted to things in nature and are being affected by the magnetic pole shift. Theory continued to the climate change debate, I would also offer this as evidence toward my earlier threads.

We were born in interesting times.

edit on 3-6-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

All this does now is emphasize the fact that the magnetic field change is affecting the polarization of the magma. That can't be insignificant. The issue is supposedly this happens at cyclical intervals and the volcanic eruptions are showing us the state of the internal workings of the Earth for that short time it erupts.

Kilauea seems to be perpetual to us but it is moving now. Geological records show that Oahu was the main Volcanic vent hundreds of thousands of years ago and the ones to the west of that were before etc.

The question now would be are we about to experience a big magnetic flip in our time or will this state of flux take hundred's of years? Less strength in the magnetic field for the Earth until it happens is the trend.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Nothing new to see here. Dynamic changes Earth makes, has made and will continue to make for millions of years.

It's what it does and is normal

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The magnetic field near Yellowstone is all tangled up now, the Declination lines are twisted. They have always been off there but in the last ten years they have got much worse. The declanation being bent is normal, but it has not been twisted nearly that bad before. That is part of the reason they decided we might be having a pole shift before.

If the North pole moves to Hawaii, we will have the same kind of weather here, cold and snowy in the winter, and short summers just like we have now.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Nothing new to see here. Dynamic changes Earth makes, has made and will continue to make for millions of years.

Yep, your are correct that it is normal. We just happen to be alive when this event materialized. I like to disagree with nothing to see here concept. We have something worth witnessing.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
well then.... it will be back-to-the-drawing-board for the Geologists, Volcano experts, et al...

because IF the hot Lava being laid down at Hawaii points to a different magnetic North than the current, prevailing North Pole...
then we will have to question all the historical Lava flows & their magnetic alignments---- which are assumed to be true alignments with the then magnetic alignment of the Planet...

all those 'frozen-in-time' lava flows that were pointing to 'North'...were just aligning to the larger Lava pool itself rather than the Planet's Magnetic Pole...If all those past alignments behaved as the present Hawiian Volcano Lava is aligning...

then the Geologic record of past (supposed) Earth Pole Reversals is all bogus data

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

You could be correct, they could be misinterpreting the data that they think shows a pole reversal. Science is a logical guess most times, they also do not have definite proof of a big bang or even exactly how our sun works either.. Just because a bunch of people believe something does not mean it is true, that goes for science too.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

You could be correct, they could be misinterpreting the data that they think shows a pole reversal. Science is a logical guess most times, they also do not have definite proof of a big bang or even exactly how our sun works either.. Just because a bunch of people believe something does not mean it is true, that goes for science too.

Yep because how many times has this happened while we have been recording it? Zero, that I know of so far.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

According to the geological record, reversals are normal too so I’m not sure what you’re talking about. I suspect, neither do you.

edit on 3-6-2018 by KovitEnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Yep, your are correct that it is normal. We just happen to be alive when this event materialized. I like to disagree with nothing to see here concept. We have something worth witnessing.

Agreed. My feelings as well... MOTHER EARTH has been here a very very long time.

The changes continue.. and as population explodes.. more and more question that which is, always will continue to reshape our planet.

Horrendous floods, hurricanes, famines, global cooling, warming, axis tilt, eruptions, tornados, quakes, tsunamis... all have carved out our world... and will not stop...

Neither will man question those things that are "normal" dyamics... We are just here now to question

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: KovitEnt
a reply to: mysterioustranger

According to the geological record, reversals are normal too so I’m not sure what you’re talking about. I suspect, neither do you.

You my friend are the one confused. The geological record, it's beginnings and continuation unabated is precisely my point.

Welcome to ATS...

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Very very interesting, in taking a look at various articles, it seems as though this has occurred at other volcanic systems:

Total field magnetic surveys were carried out over the crater floor of White Island on seven occasions between May 1968 and August 1971. Changes in magnetic field near Rudolf vent, which began erupting ash in February 1968, were related to its subsequent decrease in activity. Changes in magnetic field also preceded the eruption of 1971 Crater in July 1971. These became apparent in the survey of April 1971, four months before the eruption. We assume that an increase in temperature at depth precedes and leads up to the eruption. If the temperature variations of andesitic rock are largely responsible for the variations in magnetisation, the observed magnetic and level changes can be accounted for by postulating a temperature change within a specific region. A temperature change of 50°c within a spherical volume 125 m in radius centred at a depth of 200 m would account for both the measured magnetic and level variations.

SURVEILLANCE OF WHITE ISLAND VOLCANO, 1968–1972

And

Before the eruption of Oshima Volcano on November 15, 1986, 5 proton magnetometers were operating on the volcano. One of them, installed about 500m south from the center of the central crater, recorded anomalous changes in the total intensity preceding the eruption. The anomalous variation began around 1981. The total intensity decreased gradually at a rate of -5.3nT/year (-0.44nT/month), amounting to a 27nT decrease in 5 years. The decrease of the total intensity accelerated about six months before the eruption. The rate of decrease was estimated to be about -2.2nT/month. At the time of the eruption, a very fast and significant variation was observed. The total intensity decreased 4nT in one minute. Following the eruption from the central cone, fissure eruptions took place on November 21. A decrease in the total intensity of about 7nT was also observed at this time at a site 2km southeast of the central cone.
The observed magnetic changes preceding the eruption are supposed to have been caused by the volcanic body being heated during the intrusion of magma, at the initial stage through the main vent, and at the later stage through a new path toward the newly formed crater, called A crater. The variation at the time of eruption is considered due to the disorientation of magnetic materials by the catastrophic outflow of gases and liquids through pores and cracks inside the volcano.

Changes in the Geomagnetic Total Intensity Observed before the Eruption of Oshima Volcano in 1986

And this one postulates a mechanism:

The magnetic changes in the latter area appear to be caused by thermal viscous remanent magnetisation (TVRM), in which the elevated subsurface temperatures have accelerated the acquisition of magnetisation parallel to the existing Earth's field in the ground material. The unusually large changes (up to 40 nT/yr) are probably because of underlying reversely magnetised Pleistocene rocks, which are being normally remagnetised by exposure to temperatures of over 200 °C. We made an order of magnitude estimate of the likely effects of TVRM in this case, based on some previous laboratory studies, which confirms that TVRM is a plausible mechanism for the observed magnetic changes. This paper provides probably the first field example in which a natural TVRM process associated with ongoing volcanic activity has been observed. This indicates that even when temperatures are well below the Curie Point, significant magnetic changes can occur on active volcanoes.
emphasis mine

The role of thermal viscous remanent magnetisation (TVRM) in magnetic changes associated with volcanic eruptions: Insights from the 2000 eruption of Mt Usu, Japan

Note that all of these papers are at least 20 years old, and thus shows that the awareness of the phenomenon of magnetic field changes around an active volcano is nothing new in the scientific field.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
i will acknowledge this information only when Rusty the lava rooster confirms it

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Good point.
Thanks Udio.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
My 1970's high-school science books are almost worthless now. How were scientists so certain of everything back then?

Maybe in 50 years, the 2018 science books will be fiction.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Thanks for that bit of research on the studies. Looks like there is some understanding beginning to be found. I largely suspect the pattern is we get knocked back by big events that we basically forget because the records become lost in translation like the ones we find now from ancient times that are hard to decide what actually is going on. Perhaps we can save knowledge better this pass before a cataclysm.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Good point.
Thanks Udio.

Yes it was a valid point. Hard data that challenges the theory can be used to build a new theory.

I have to go where the data leads me in my daily work as an environmental scientist. If this is the 1st time in modern recorded history where we are studying the data closely while a flip of the Earth's mag poles occurs, then we may be observing a a huge clue to the phenomena in real time. Humanity will have to survive what could be a cataclysmic change to compile the historical records for the future knowledge. Volcano's may normally switch the polarity of their magma and this could be part of the mechanism that shows how it gets ejected in such volume (IDK just guessing).

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Care,

Molecules are still molecules and elements are still elements. The world of organic chemistry has grown since then as many others but those books would teach the fundamentals better than today's books I do believe. We just wouldn't have Buckminister Fullerines in those books or some other complex molecules and compounds.
edit on 3-6-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Yeah there are a lot of interesting possibilities here. It's a great exercise for the mind to contemplate them.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You know, I notice that too.

Older texts do often teach the fundamentals better than newer ones despite that various details on specific constructs have changed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join