It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 times social justice lead to genocide

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

If we're going to make stuff up and then build a case, can I have a pony in your story?

I've always wanted a pony.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I don't care what you have, the community that you live in might though!!
which is kind of my point.
you might object to censorship and love your civil war statues,
but it doesn't change the fact that communities do have the right to make basic decisions as to just what is in their community's public places. your local government is probably the most important gov't you have because the decisions they make will affect you every day in so many more ways than your state or federal gov't. and, their control has been undermined far too much as it is.... do you really want to undermine it more over a stupid statue.
oh, ya, today we can have the gov't forcing us to keep statues we don't want...
tomorrow we might start looking like north korea and being forced to have pictures of our fearless leader hanging up all over the place.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Someone on this website changed a word in one of my posts in this thread. And you claim you have free reign of speech here. Literally laugh out loud.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I don't care what you have, the community that you live in might though!!
which is kind of my point.
you might object to censorship and love your civil war statues,

Please stop right there.

This is why I can't take you seriously. Just because I advocate for free speech, free expression, you immediately assume I love civil war statues.

Was I a Trump hater when I defended Kathy Griffin and her free expression?

I object to censorship.

Pity many here do not.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Someone on this website changed a word in one of my posts in this thread. And you claim you have free reign of speech here. Literally laugh out loud.

I have the ability to convey my intent, my thoughts without any issue.

Their house, their rules.

I don't ever remember anything within the guidelines of ATS promising unfettered free expression. And yet, I am still here.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I have the ability to convey my intent, my thoughts without any issue.

Their house, their rules.

I don't ever remember anything within the guidelines of ATS promising unfettered free expression. And yet, I am still here.

You think I'm an idiot?

Yet you use a website that does ... ironic. You're such a hypocrite, you know that right?

This isn't reddit or 4chan where replies and comments get lost. I keep track of my words and posts here. Because of people like you.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Stay angry.

You are for censorship. That is obvious.

*shrugs*

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

No I'm not. But guess what ATS is not your champion website when it comes to that.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

No I'm not. But guess what ATS is not your champion website when it comes to that.

ATS provides me a forum to discuss issues I find important.

One of them is censorship of free expression.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Get real.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I suggest that you go back and reread your posts??
you seem to think that those old civil war statues is "free expression" and if a community decides they don't want them around anymore... they are censoring you..
some seem to feel so strongly about this that they will converge on a small city and raise hell over the fact that a community decides to remove a statue... even people who live in a different country! I would assert that by terrorizing the little city because of it's decision, it is them who are censoring the community and not allowing the free expression of their ideas and value.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

"A community" as a whole or just select parts of that community? I don't seem to recall at large referendums being conducted in many of those communities.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

no, they elect local council members and mayors, who meet regularly to discuss the issues, of which, the public is able to attend and participate in... and, if enough of the members decide they don't like how their city is being run, they can vote those council members out and replace them with some more to their liking.
think it's called the democratic process... it's not perfect, but hey, according to many, it seems to be one of the best models for a government structure...
so, what would you consider it when a mob of people with no connection to that community shows up to raise cain in hopes that they can bully that council to see things their way if not mob rule?
you don't want illegal aliens crossing the border just for the intent purpose of voting in our elections, so well...
this seems worse to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

But how can we all live together? That's the biggest issue...

From what I am seeing, thats being worked out in the laboratory that is California and the Universities and the solution seems an odd one but it apparently consists of self-segregation where one intentionally avoids intruding into gathering spaces of other tribes, i.e., gatherings for POC only. Then self-segragation requires everyone acknowledge and respect the space of the "other".

The real issue we see playing out is whether members of one tribe will agree to rule by members of another tribe. That is playing out as well as we see the anti-Trump movement which at its core is all about "ah hell no, ain't gonna accept rule of the cis-gendered white man ever again".

My guess is that members of the out-of-power tribe will have no choice except to acknowledge the in-power tribes authority, but will never truly accept that authority. They wll not "normalize" that authority. We see that playing out with Sanctuar Cities, defying Federal authority.

The real tradgedy of South Africa is that whats playing out is slow-motion genocide. Thats the worse kind because it never reaches a crescendo level high enough to force the MSM to acknowledge its happening and they resist covering the story because the victims are white, people presumed guilty and thus deserving of ethnic cleansing because of their racial tribal affiliation.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

But we all know how well elected representatives actually represent.

Something like that is done by the time the people get their chance to react by voting people out and you know it.

You do not get to claim that this is what the community wants because in these cases, we don't actually know. It's disingenuous to claim otherwise.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

When I see discussions like these I am often reminded of Franklin's quote, "A Republic, if you can keep it".

We seem hell-bent on voting our freedoms and rights away. And movements like social justice seem to enable this.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

a reply to: toysforadults

Those example are more of nation specific nationalistic pride than what is happening right now with GLOBAL social justice.

If you really wanted to dig deep into the subject the Rwandan genocide was technically a social justice, yea from one side on the other. And the American civil war is another.

Social justice in today's world is not the same as it was even 60 years ago. We have nations with nuclear weapons, and armed forces that can obliterate entire countries off the map. You really think a global meltdown from social justice will happen?

The current movement of SJW's is more of people just wanting to live their life and not be criticized for being gay, different skin color, religion, from another nation, etc. .

The problem is...it goes beyond that...and even that is honestly....not be criticized...even this right here....unfortunately you can't control other people's thoughts or opinions. They try to....that's the problem. I'm not saying bigotry is right, ignorant bigots piss me off....but...when it gets to the point where people get offended hearing a colour spoken out loud or people start crying and yelling because an entire society doesn't recognize their 'specialness'. Unfortunately the problem is...if you're special that means there's not very many of you....it's too bad the majority of things revolve around things that aren't you...but...that's kinda the way it is.

Social justice is about ensuring you have a fair chance at participating in society whatever you are....not about having the world bend to your special needs and wants and certainly not to be criticized...criticism is a part of life everyone has to deal with...again trying to change other people's opinions is stupid...personally I accept people for who they are and judge.them on their actions more than anything else...but I'm not going to go around catering to every person's #ing feelings about this that or the other.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The historic precedent similarity you all really need to be taking a much closer look at is the activities of the Rwandan news and radio/television media immediately preceding the Rwandan Genocide. The same is being done here to get identical results. It is working. Except it will be firearms, not machetes.

Enjoy
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

well.... let's see...
I at least live in the same state, in the same country...
so, I imagine that if I, who really don't live that far from the city, who get's many of their local news stories through my own local news media can't be sure just what the people of that city wants...
then more than likely many of the people who were part of the unite the right rally that showed up in that city from the four corners of the country... and beyond... couldn't really say for sure what the people didn't want.

but, if you really want to know....
I remember watching recordings of some of the council meetings where the residents got to give their input. some were for the removal, some were against... of course, like I imagine every other community in the country would be divided on just about any issue that might arise. which means, sometimes you might lose, sometimes you might win when it comes to the decisions made. but, one thing is for sure, those council members weren't elected to represent joe shmoe from who is living across the country... therefore it only stands to reason, joe shmoe and his gang of gun totting friends have no reason to show up in the city to protest the decisions that the council makes any more than I would have a reason for me and my gang of friends to show up in your backyard to argue over weather you should be replacing your tulip bed with a couple of grape vines! your husband might have a say, and you might want to consider his position when he says he would really like a workshop in that spot. your kids might have a say worth considering if they tell you they would live a pool there.. you might all sit at the table one night and discuss all the options and come to some kind of agreement over it...
but I highly doubt that you would invite strangers who live three streets over who's only connection they have with your tulip bed is that they might pass by it once a week on their way to the grocery store.

But we all know how well elected representatives actually represent.

do you know of a better way to govern?? I think what surprised me the most is that so many on the conservative side of the fence seem to want the local governments to be given far greater power than they have while the federal gov't loosens their power. but, this kind of indicates to me that isn't what is really wanted. since, you aren't willing to allow the local gov't to govern unless their decisions fall on your side of the issues. so, what do you want? mob rule where whoever manages to show up with the biggest crowd with the biggest guns win?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

You miss understand. I know that social justice has brought beauty to this world.

I asked the op this to make him remember that it's true.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join