It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VISA Network Crashes sparking payment chaos.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Smart vendors already have a stack of CC authorization forms sitting at the ready.

Sure, it creates a bit of backlog....but when your goal is to make money, you just don't let it go walking out the door.

yep

it seems like a pic of both sides of the card and a signed receipt would do just fine.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
Cashless society ain't crashless...

But may leave one cashless....

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Good news for Ripple.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Global consciousness
Hi there -

Currently in UK and working with this issue -

This is affecting only European Visa transactions for customers who have not yet switched to the global authorization platform.

It appears to be dying down now - the impact that is
happy days and always keep some cash at home ...just a little

Stay safe peeps

[global authorization platform] ... sound rather ominous, in a new world order kind of way, or Big Brother if you prefer.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Stress test possibly?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

don't forget the picture ID as well.

You will pay a bit more for not swiping the card and having to key in the data....but its a cost of doing business that is still better than zero.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

I make my own...the old triplicate swipe isn't very useful anymore. My son found an old one and had no idea what it was for.

I just have a template i made in excel, and print off 100 or so whenever we need them. It isn't often...but operating out in the sticks, we do have more connectivity issues than you find in the cities.

Its the same form I send to clients who wish to pay deposits, or prepay for stuff.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Smart vendors already have a stack of CC authorization forms sitting at the ready.

Yep. Every retailer who accepts CC should have a knuckle buster backup plan

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I was in Asda about 2pm and only 2 of the card machines were working, caused a bit of mayhem with people leaving shopping to withdraw money, but because the queue for the cash machine was getting longer and it was hot in the direct sun people just went else where or just left. Whilst inside peoples shopping (frozen/chilled) was just left to get warm and queues grew leaving staff very stressed.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I kind of like paying for things with real money. You spend less when you pay with real money, it is like pulling a tooth when you have to dig it out of your wallet and see it disappearing before your eyes.

People spend more when they use credit cards than if they use cash, that is very well known. It is part of the plan to make us more dependent on our government and it's economic structure so we can keep on spending.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The Russians are trying their brand new "Nyet Nutrality" !!

😎

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

NAB had similar problems last Saturday. LOL busiest day of the week

www.townsvillebulletin.com.au... eftpos-and-atm-services-on-saturday/video/078260725de022549583351537f081f6

NAB outage leaves customers unable to access basic services National Australia Bank has apologised to its customers following an outage of the bank's online, mobile, EFTPOS and ATM services on Saturday. Customers expressed their outrage as they were unable to pay for a range of daily goods and services due to the outage. It's believed the outage began at approximately 8am AEST. Others complained about being unable to pay for things such as taxi fares overseas due to the outage.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Whats the latest word on security breaches and people's data released publicly?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The EU's voiced attempts at creating a so-called alternative to SWIFT is merely idiotic and hopeless propaganda.
The EU has been completely and irreversibly tied to the US since the 90s when it decided not to develop its strategic independence ( STARTING with but not limited to a capable nuclear deterrence ) from the US, and decided to pursue a suicidal policy of western hegemony driven by Vatican crusaders and loony oligarchs addicted to electronic snooping.

Attempting to create an alternative to SWIFT, while all of the US electronic intelligence and surveillance are deployed undisturbed in Europe and while existing within the NATO suicide squad is practically a hopeless #show that will only end up with a bigger EU humiliation than ever imagined!

NOTE : The Russian can do it, because they have the big red button. The EU ... will be sucking the SWIFT for the rest of its misery !
edit on 28-8-2018 by Flanker86 because: c

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join