It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spies on your wrists: Smart watches can sense your most complex passwords and PINs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
When you think about it it makes sense - but often overlooked. The ultimate hack - your Bank account.

Another reason not to jump on the bandwagon of so called life improving tech.

www.news.com.au...

WE know we’re constantly being spied on. Our phones. Our web browsers. But now security experts warn our smart watches can sense passwords and PINs just by tracking our movements
YOUR watch knows too much.

Especially if it’s a smart watch with motion sensors.

These monitor your hand’s every movement. With incredible detail.

And researchers have already come up with computer algorithms that can recognise the tiny differences in movement when you chose — and move — your fingers to different numbers on a keypad.

A team from Stevens Institute of Technology was able to crack ATM PINs with an accuracy rate of 90 per cent as early as 2016.

But things have only gotten easier as smart watches get more sophisticated and sensitive, warns Russia-based digital security firm Kaspersky.

It’s issued a new warning that your smart watch is the ultimate Trojan Horse.

And it says it can now steal your complex computer password with 96 per cent accuracy.

Kaspersky should know. It’s been implicated in Kremlin spying operations.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Thanks for sharing that...another reason not to ever get a smartwatch...not that there aren't tons already.

Whenever I see someone wearing one of those things it makes me laugh....especially when they still pull their phone out to check the time.

edit on 1/6/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I borrowed a fitbit from a friend to find how low my heart rate goes at night. During the day, my heart rate is between one ten to one twenty. At night when I fell asleep it quickly went down to about sixty two. it went up and down a bit at night when I turned over which I have to do about four or five times a night so that my back does not get sore.

How is this related? I would say it would mess up the data the Fitbit stores.
His normal heart rate is about sixty five, it will probably tell the doctor he was experiencing some heart problem during the day.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Yeah - I used to hate the MSM but it seems that a snippet or 2 sneeks through and alerts us. I'm really starting to hate this world (not the whole world just the Controllers).

Alexia and Amazon Echo collecting data in the background...sigh

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

LOL - and through marketing he will be advised to consult his doctor and possibly take meds. If he doesnt take the meds even though they're based on inaccurate results somewhere down the line his Insurance is impacted.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Of course Alexa and Echo are!!

Also LMFAO ... Kaspersky wins all the troll points for this one...

That's all I'm going to say because I'm trying not to pee myself I'm laughing so hard at all the people who read this article and feel really smart and superior about not jumping on the smart watch bandwagon right now...

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I love the ads on here...

the irony is almost too much.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

hahaha ATS is doomed and so are we

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

Your the Rogue - do tell..after using bladder relieving receptacle in a gentlemanly manner

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Dangerous little bugger. I put mine in a lead photo film protector bag and put it away for good.
More disturbing was that heat map application. I found all sorts of sneaky activity going around in my neighborhood.

top topics

join