It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rock OR I Wish To Do Amazing Things(But Can't)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Once upon a time, there was a rock. This rock wasn't special. It wasn't a big rock, or a small one; it wasn't round, or shiny... You'd be hard pressed to assign it a color, even. It was a rock, and it was roughly "there"(wherever that was) and that was about it.

Now this rock sat, and sat, and sat, perfectly at one with everything as is the natural state of things. Thoughts and ideas came and went, but these weren't rock thoughts, they weren't the rocks thoughts, and we're of no concern.

Then one day, the rock had a thought. This one was it's thought, but it wasn't a rock thought. The thought was "I wish to do amazing things. " And this rock sat and tried with aaaall it's might. But it simply could not do anything rocks don't do. And rocks... Rocks sit.

The rock became sorrowful, and depressed, filled with all kinds of inner turmoil as its reality battled its ideology and won. But the rock never gave up, no matter what. This went on for quite some time, and truthfully, would have gone on indefinitely until its atoms decayed.

But one day, someone came and took this rock. They loaded it up into a sling, and shot a giant. Someone else came and used the rock to pin his cloak, and went on many adventures. Someone else found great power in the rock, (the result of it's futile yearning) and channeled it to do all sorts of amazing things.

Then, it died. The end.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I like it , I have been thinking about writing, I have stories in my head that I want to learn how to get it out in a creative way.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Rocks have the ability to store information and knowledge. Crystals in particular.

If you do not believe me, just do this. Take a rock and hit your finger with it, it will teach you that it is not a good thing to do, just as it has taught me years ago. They do like to share their knowledge. Even the giant that died from the rock in your OP learned what the rock could teach him before he died.
edit on 1-6-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
I like it , I have been thinking about writing, I have stories in my head that I want to learn how to get it out in a creative way.

Maybe focus will help. This really helped me:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hello, JHumm.

My advice: just pick up the pen and write.

I know how that sounds, so let me explain: those stories in your head can be considered akin to an urge. They want to be told. When you're hungry, you don't think about how to get food, you get up and get it. If you have he urge to go run, you run.

Each story is the same way. All You have to do, is listen to it. Listen to the story, and write what you hear down. Try to take yourself out of the picture, so you can focus on what you are hearing. It should feel like the pen is moving itself

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Loved this!

top topics

join