It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can The Scouts Survive This?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Boy Scouts is supposed to be about teaching boys to leadership, respect, responsibility and honesty. There are fundamental differences between boys and girls. I was in the boy scouts for almost ten years. After I got my eagle scout and turned 18 I became an assistant scout master until I went to college. There things you can do with a group of guys that you just can't do with girls around, and that's important. It gives boys a "safe space" to be boys without ridicule. I think this will change that. I have a daughter and I wouldn't want her in the Boy Scouts. I'll have to teach her myself.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mus8472

Scouts is supposed to be about teaching .......... to leadership, respect, responsibility and honesty.

yeah - cos we cannot go arround teaching young ladies that stuff - thats dangerous

at this point - i ccannot resist the urge to commment - mrs clinton never recieded scout training did she ?

if only ..............................

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

The Scout Association is world wide.

So whatever happens in The U.S. is of little consequence.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
I was perusing youtube out of boredom today (a perk of retirement) and came across a video on the Mormon church leaving the Boy Scouts.

The video was shoddy and computer voiced so I will not subject anyone to it. However, it led me to look a little further into the issue (which is what it was meant to do).

Last year the Mormon Church decided to remove their teen members in order to prepare them for mission work (or so they said). This removed 130,000 Scouts. Washington Post Article

Recently, the Boy Scouts decided for various reasons to change their name and to allow girls to join the organization. This week the Mormon Church has announced it will now split entirely from the Scouts at the end of 2019. This will remove 425,000 or almost 19% of the Scouts total enrollment. San Angelo Article

The trade off is an enrollment of 4000 girls and a hope of "many more" over the summer.

I can't help but think the Scouts have driven themselves off the cliff with this last embrace of the PC culture rather than standing up for the values of the organization (those on which it was founded).

A loss of 22% of their cadre is not a pebble that will start an avalanche, it is the side of a mountain giving way.

How many other organizations will do the same as the Mormons and simply create their own groups around the "old" core traditions of the Boy Scouts while the Scouts wither and die out?

Perhaps the Scouts will morph into something new entirely and I am way off?

Nibiru arrives in 2021 and the LDSers know this full well...and now IS the time to be preparing your last minute duties.
They coud care less about being PC...these are hard core survivalists so don't go looking for pity ...they are well organised well armed and merciless to those who have not prepared.
edit on 1-6-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

I was perusing youtube out of boredom today (a perk of retirement) and came across a video on the Mormon church leaving the Boy Scouts.

The video was shoddy and computer voiced so I will not subject anyone to it. However, it led me to look a little further into the issue (which is what it was meant to do).

Last year the Mormon Church decided to remove their teen members in order to prepare them for mission work (or so they said). This removed 130,000 Scouts. Washington Post Article

Recently, the Boy Scouts decided for various reasons to change their name and to allow girls to join the organization. This week the Mormon Church has announced it will now split entirely from the Scouts at the end of 2019. This will remove 425,000 or almost 19% of the Scouts total enrollment. San Angelo Article

The trade off is an enrollment of 4000 girls and a hope of "many more" over the summer.

I can't help but think the Scouts have driven themselves off the cliff with this last embrace of the PC culture rather than standing up for the values of the organization (those on which it was founded).

A loss of 22% of their cadre is not a pebble that will start an avalanche, it is the side of a mountain giving way.

How many other organizations will do the same as the Mormons and simply create their own groups around the "old" core traditions of the Boy Scouts while the Scouts wither and die out?

Nibiru arrives in 2021 and the LDSers know this full well...and now IS the time to be preparing your last minute duties.

Who or what is nibiru and what happens when is gets here?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt

originally posted by: one4all

Who or what is nibiru and what happens when is gets here?

It is Wormwood...The Destroyer.....Nibiru....it is a Planet which will cross between Earth and the Sun and bring with it Global Continental Displacement and the proxy Global Continental Displacement Waves which are what caused Noahs Flood.....arrival date IMHO 2021.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Doesnt venus cross between the earth and the sun... often. Dont get me wrong, i just got really into fishing and global flood seems like it has some really good potential. It just that for an object in space's gravity to affect the earth it either has to be really big or really close. And to continue affecting earth it would need to be in orbit around earth, or somehow orbiting the sun at the same distance as earth, on the same plane.
But hey, now the girls will be able to learn survival skills to cope with the apocalypse

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
yeah - cos we cannot go arround teaching young ladies that stuff - thats dangerous

What? I thought that's what the Girl Scouts was for.

Are they not teaching young ladies that stuff?!?!?

If the Girl Scouts are not teaching young ladies leadership, respect, responsibility and honesty, then perhaps the Boy Scouts were fine all along and it was the Girl Scouts who were in need of reform.
edit on 6/1/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Doesnt venus cross between the earth and the sun... often. Dont get me wrong, i just got really into fishing and global flood seems like it has some really good potential. It just that for an object in space's gravity to affect the earth it either has to be really big or really close. And to continue affecting earth it would need to be in orbit around earth, or somehow orbiting the sun at the same distance as earth, on the same plane.
But hey, now the girls will be able to learn survival skills to cope with the apocalypse

Funny you should mention the Scouts when I had a strange run-in with a big group of Pathfinders last year and was gifted the opportunity to have an openminded conversation with their Leader about this exact topic....this fellas was much more informed than I expected to say the least....he didn't have everything put together yet but he sure had the pieces....lets suffice to say I received an invitation to speak with his troops at another time....I might mention that location is everything...and again oddly enough this fella I spoke to LIVED in the most suitable place for survival in my Country....when I explained to him where to be and when he turned white and told me that was where he ALREADY LIVED....yes very odd indeed.

Here is a link/gift to the Scouts.

www.bing.com... 18529ED07980&FORM=VDQVAP

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

www.bing.com... 18529ED07980&FORM=VDQVAP

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Local leader said it was a non issue and told people if some of the boys would be better off in the girl scouts they should join. When reminded they couldn't join he told them to discuss it with a lawyer.

Of course the local women wanted him to step down and he just laughed.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Trouble linking the vid? The link is a bit too long to just copy/paste it.

Here ya go.

one4all's video

edit on 6/1/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

Trouble linking the vid? The link is a bit too long to just copy/paste it.

Here ya go.

one4all's videoThank you.This is another IMHO more informative video by Gill.www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-6-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The boy scouts have been on the decline for a while now. The girl scouts even worse.

I don't think putting them together all the time was a good idea.

I think they needed a girls only version of what the boy scouts do. I think that what the girl scouts did was dated and needed to be revamped to include things like shooting, towing knots etc..

The problem that can arise is now little Bobby isn't tieing knots to learn how he is doing it to impress suzzie.

The other problem is suzzie may not want to learn to fold laundry and bake cookies. Maybe she wants to learn to tie knots.

Maybe they could have had an annual event where they all had a meeting place but every week is probably a bad idea. Imo.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: mus8472
Boy Scouts is supposed to be about teaching boys to leadership, respect, responsibility and honesty. There are fundamental differences between boys and girls. I was in the boy scouts for almost ten years. After I got my eagle scout and turned 18 I became an assistant scout master until I went to college. There things you can do with a group of guys that you just can't do with girls around, and that's important. It gives boys a "safe space" to be boys without ridicule. I think this will change that. I have a daughter and I wouldn't want her in the Boy Scouts. I'll have to teach her myself.

I agree with the safe space for boys, I don't think though the activities are inherently male or female. Male and females have differences but I don't think they are tieing knots or learning to shoot or leadership.

Imo the boy scouts had become pathetic and so did the girl scouts. Having had kids in both they are very dated in many aspects and have eliminated other aspects that were useful.

This could be the location I was in but it seems a trend in general.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

What? I thought that's what the Girl Scouts was for.

Are they not teaching young ladies that stuff?!?!?

If the Girl Scouts are not teaching young ladies leadership, respect, responsibility and honesty, then perhaps the Boy Scouts were fine all along and it was the Girl Scouts who were in need of reform.

The Girl Scouts are nothing more than a cookie selling pyramid scheme.

And girls have been in the Boy Scouts organization for years now under the venture program, they’ve just expanded the age range being accepted.

Regardless of how much of the organization the LDS was, good riddance, hard line religious groups hold too much sway in things other than their own churches these days.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Can the Scouts survive this?

Or this?

Much better questions.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Can the Scouts survive this?

Or this?

Much better questions.

Yes they can...its all about location...which means data or knowing where to be....they all learn heightened awareness...this is what saves you...being anticipatory and ahead of the curve.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Where I live, here in Texas, Scouting is all but deceased. In Texas, it was rooted in church communities, church schools. The churches have bailed on Scouting biggly. The only Scouts we ever see is the Girl Scouts selling their lousy cookies. In many areas, Scouting has been replaced by gang membership like the Mexican Mafia and MS-13.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I never said girls shouldn't know those things. I very much think they should and I'll make sure my daughter does. But the boy scouts are not the place for girls or women. That's why there are the girl scouts. As a previous poster said, if the girl scouts are the problem fix them. Don't let the girls in the boy scouts.

And before anyone makes an assumption I have no problem with and fully support gays being in scouting.
edit on 1-6-2018 by mus8472 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join