It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey Resuscitates Obamacare Mandate Tax

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The State of New Jersey isn't sitting still for the Obama.Care Mandate repeal !!

They have reinstated it at the State level !!

There goes the tax break !! 🖐

They must be desperate for tax revenues !!

New Jersey Resuscitates Obamacare Mandate Tax

78% of New Jersey households hit by the tax make less than $50,000 per year

The Republican tax cuts signed by President Trump repealed the Obamacare individual mandate tax nationwide, but New Jersey residents will be stuck paying it due to the state’s Democrat legislature and governor. Governor Phil Murphy on Wednesday signed the new tax into law that will impose the tax on residents who choose not to purchase “qualifying” health insurance as defined by Obama-era regulations.

New Jersey’s Obamacare tax will disproportionately hit low and middle income New Jersey taxpayers

+3 more 
posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is the same state that wont let you pump your own gas, or sell home made cup cakes. Screw'em.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Isn't this the kind of snip that started the civil war? I mean we have sanctuary cities, and now we have states making up their own laws for fire arm ownership and now they are pulling this stunt?

Easy win for any NJ resident. Who is getting my penalty, the state of NJ or the Federal government. Obviously it isn't the Federal government so yea, another fascist state trying to make a quick buck because the criminals bleeding it dry are running out of fresh blood!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

This is the same state that wont let you pump your own gas, or sell home made cup cakes. Screw'em.

Lemonade stands need licenses too I suppose !!
Dirty 🤦‍♀️

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
They are shooting themselves in the foot. They are running out of money and this is their answer?

Morons:

Millionaire households fleeing N.J. by the thousands, study says

www.nj.com...

Wealth has been reported leaving the Garden State before, however. In 2010, a Boston College team found that in a five-year period some $70 billion in total wealth left for other parts of the U.S.

And this was from 2015. I can't imagine that it has gotten any better. Way to go NJ, killing the cash cow.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This is federalism at its finest. Go 10th amendment. Not people can either move or vote

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Gov. Phil Murphy . Big time Democrat
Look at this guys history
All questions answered.

Gov Phil Murphy

edit on 5/31/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
All questions answered.

Gov Phil Murphy

Yep....when the Dems are in charge, it’s just take, take, take.
Gotta pay for all of their precious illegals somehow.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Gothmog
All questions answered.

Gov Phil Murphy

Yep....when the Dems are in charge, it’s just take, take, take.
Gotta pay for all of their precious illegals somehow.

Not necessarily due to Dem/Repub
The history speaks volumes

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

This is the same state that wont let you pump your own gas...

Don't knock one of the few perks left here. If I wanted to pump my own gas I'd buy a gas station. Plus it's still cheaper than most states.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Elections have consequences. Obviously New Jersians love higher taxes based on who they voted for.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This is the same state that wont let you pump your own gas...

Don't knock one of the few perks left here. If I wanted to pump my own gas I'd buy a gas station. Plus it's still cheaper than most states.

Not the case in Oregon. Besides, what man wants some other dude fueling up their ride?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
escape your blue state for real they are running their states into the ground literally

look at the map, ATL, off the charts, Texas, VA I mean it's all over the map, Red areas are more likely to be thriving

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Elections have consequences. Obviously New Jersians love higher taxes based on who they voted for.

Part of the reason we're broke is our Supreme Court, many decades ago, voted to compel affluent communities (and even those not so affluent) to pay for the inner city and poorer school systems. A large chunk of the local budgets goes out of town for other municipalities.

Gotta love it.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Not the case in Oregon. Besides, what man wants some other dude fueling up their ride?

This one.

I like to crack the window about a millimeter or two in winter, slide out my credit card and toast my ass on the seat warmers while his hand sticks to the nozzle.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

There's a problem there. The refugees go into red states and bring their political AIDS along with them, eventually infecting the receiving state. It happened in New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, soon Arizona will show up wearing a bathrobe looking weakened and sipping on broth... that's the real downside here. They don't learn, they just bring their baggage with them when they change states.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

ugh... I'm working my ass off to escape PA and I'm thinking VA/ATL/Texas but guess what I been hearing from people in those states... the libs are moving in from their previous host to consume everything and leave again

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

This one.

I like to crack the window about a millimeter or two in winter, slide out my credit card and toast my ass on the seat warmers while his hand sticks to the nozzle.

I've pumped my own gas in 30 below with a 40 mph wind... that's why men have the God given blessing of being able to grow beards. You enjoy your little bun warmers, I'll just keep wearing insulated Carhardts to keep my balls warm while I do man things.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

This one.

You would probably be really pissed to know how those you looked down upon stole your money! Trust me! When I got out of the army and worked at a gas station? I ripped pricks like you off every time they pulled up to the pump!

edit on 31-5-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Yup. It's even happening here in Alaska. Stemming the tide of the plague has been one advantage to the deep recession AK is mired in, though. The cockroaches don't swarm to houses devoid of food, thankfully.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join