It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US preacher asks followers to help buy fourth private jet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

I meant the level of satisfaction one gets from paying Iron Maiden or into a religion. Its subjective. I never claimed or implied I contribute to evangelists.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke
Fourth Private Jet?

I can't help but feel sorry for this preacher and his followers.

He need better transportation than jets........

In hell.

edit on 4-6-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Do today’s religions feed or fleece the flock?

“Woe to the shepherds of Israel, who have become feeders of themselves! Is it not the flock that the shepherds ought to feed?”​—Ezekiel 34:2.

Back in the 80's Pentecostal preacher Jimmy Swaggart was said to be TV’s most popular evangelist, reaching eight million viewers each Sunday.

Truly, it is today as it was in Jesus’ day: “On seeing the crowds he felt pity for them, because they were skinned and thrown about like sheep without a shepherd.” (Matthew 9:36)

They feed themselves, not the flock. And it’s not just the Pentecostals. The fundamentalists teach Trinity, hellfire, earth burned up​—all pagan doctrines of ancient Babylon and Egypt. The modernists deny the Bible​—not inspired, not infallible, its books not written by the ones claimed or at the time claimed, and support not creation but evolution. Then there are the preachers peddling pop psychology, the goody-goody palaverers that dole out the smooth things to tickle ears unreceptive to unvarnished Bible truth. Not the wheat but the chaff is what they feed their flocks.​—Isaiah 30:10; 2 Timothy 4:3, 4.

The basics of Jesus’ way of life remain the model for Christians. The values and principles that he laid down are still the only pathway for Christians today.​—1 Peter 2:21:

"In fact, to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you, leaving a model for you to follow his steps closely."

Some of those principles follow: ‘You received truth free, give free. Don’t be anxious about material things. Seek first the Kingdom. More happiness in giving than in receiving. Teach in the homes of the people. God’s Word is truth. Love God, love your neighbor. Do unto others as you would have them do to you. Feed my sheep.’ True Christianity has not changed.

Religion is a Snare and a Racket
Should There Be a Clergy-Laity Distinction?

3. A paid clergy class can impose a heavy financial burden on the laity, especially when the former have lavish lifestyles.

edit on 5-6-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Unbelievable that people are stupid enough to give these scammers money. Anybody who gives money to this guy deserves all the ridicule they can get. Total contradiction to Christian teachings. Just another scammer trying to milk gullible believers for money. I feel like I need to get on this cash cow before the religion inevitably dies because of idiots like this.
edit on 6 8 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join