It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chilling Footage of Nicholas Cruz on Day of Shooting bragging.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
... she said it sounds like he's reading from a script.

He is definitely reading from a script.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Something.

I'm not sure you you extract famous from infamous. Even Manson had his followers.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You're right, it's not realistic.

This question and problem needs solving.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
Ok. Those of you that are actually parents, talk to me.

How is it that a parent, any parent, who actually raises a kid, is oblivious to the fact that they've raised a complete nutjob sociopath?

How does that even happen?

I'm fairly certain both his parents passed away in his teenage years. And pretty much every red flag had been raised on the guy. The FBI knew about him before the shooting.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
And to think the Broward County Sheriff had all the authority necessary to have kept this from happening.

They had every opportunity

To this day they have not accepted responsibility for their cowardly actions and record of gross negligence when it came to actually enforcing the law.

Blame also falls on the local branch of the FBI.

School officials.

The list goes on with regard to the catastrophic failure of government that day. It's almost like they don't give a # or something...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
How did he slip through the cracks ?

He "said something" but nobody "saw something".

🤷🚬

Well of course SEVERAL people DID say something....to the FBI....more than once....

But for some reason the FBI didn't do anything about it. So I guess that "see something say something" only works if you "say something" to someone other than who we pay to "do something."

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
"I am nothing - I am no one."

Well, he got something right.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

How is it that a parent, any parent, who actually raises a kid, is oblivious to the fact that they've raised a complete nutjob sociopath?

I'm fairly certain both his parents passed away in his teenage years. And pretty much every red flag had been raised on the guy. The FBI knew about him before the shooting.

Thank you. That's what I wanted to know. I have actually asked this before about this guy, but nobody really answered.

Ok. So, now the question becomes "What is is that changed, and when?".

We've had firearms for centuries. So that's not it.
There have been bullies since Cain bitch-slapped Abel to death, so no real news there.
Every human being that has ever existed has dealt with impulses that were hard to control, so no juice there.

Any takers?

So, what is it?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Thank you. That's what I wanted to know. I have actually asked this before about this guy, but nobody really answered.

There have been bullies since Cain bitch-slapped Abel to death, so no real news there.
Every human being that has ever existed has dealt with impulses that were hard to control, so no juice there.

Any takers?

So, what is it?

I honestly believe its social media....

Kids get bullied now and everyone in the school knows immediately, then they mock them on FB and instagram.

So now you cant even escape it at home.

I think we should be banning children from social media.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Well he was adopted. His adoptive father passed away when he was six (originally thought it was when he was a teen but looked it up). His adoptive mother died just months before his spree, and he was living with a friend's family. Apparently he never fit in at school, and he always had discipline issues.

So his family life wasn't normal, and he didn't have a father figure. Add that with the social networking "everyone should be heard by everyone" mentality of today and it ended in disaster for a lot of people...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It's about control. We have a problem in society where we've created this ultra left-brain dominated society that has a compulsion for control and a major emphasis on the what and who and little regard for the why that is leading to mental illness and paranoia. Even in the comments in this thread people are saying we need to blackout the media coverage or further humiliate the perpetrators of these acts to further ridicule people that already feel trapped with no way out. Control, control, control. This is the loop that is feeding this vicious cycle. Control is the most basic human psychological need. Ironically, if one feels they have too little of it they go bonkers and go on a quixotic quest for more. And when too much control is actually acquired, one will also go bonkers and desire even more. It is a deleterious state no matter which end of the spectrum you perceive yourself to be on. The mental effect is the same regardless. I'm not even sure where the proper balance is anymore. And if one were to take it upon themselves to control that balance do they not ultimately become what they are seeking to destroy? We may be too far gone now as a society. It might just serve the whole better if more people would simply sit back and worry about what we can control about ourselves and merely keep whistling past the graveyard until all of this toxic energy naturally burns itself out.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: notsure1

"When you see me on the news, you'll know who I am."

That is the problem. Conflate that with social media and you have a psychopath factory.

That's all you need to hear to know that the media coverage is what drives a lot of these shootings now...

Indeed.

How can we, the people get ahead of that? I don't know that tuning out is the option at this point.

Don't know.... you also have to consider that the shooter's name would be leaked on twitter by students live tweeting during the shooting... it isn't realistic to think we can scrub these nutjobs names from the media.

and from police radio scanners

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Any takers?

So, what is it?

I honestly believe its social media....

Kids get bullied now and everyone in the school knows immediately, then they mock them on FB and instagram.

So now you cant even escape it at home.

I think we should be banning children from social media.

I'm close to 40 and apart from my own baby son I rarely see kids at all, just yesterday (hot weather) a young boy walking through the shopping high street, probably 11 just minding his own business when two girls around the same age walked up to him, looked him up and down and started laughing, he put his head down and literally ran off.

I felt super bad and wanted to walk up to them and smake them feel bad, in todays climate you just can't do anything.
Years ago when I was a kid, a random mother would have scolded the pair of them.
edit on 30/5/2018 by Taggart because: missed words.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Since when do they release this kind of evidence pr-trial ?
Who made that decision ?
This is beyond bizarre.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

He is for sure reading but it could have been something he wrote to begin with. His words are cliche so its a bad script if it is one.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Who made that decision ?
This is beyond bizarre.

I was wondering that too!

The article says that it was Broward County who released it, which makes it even more bizarre. Almost like they are trying to get out in front of something. Will something be made known soon that makes them look even worse?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: xuenchen
How did he slip through the cracks ?

He "said something" but nobody "saw something".

🤷🚬

Well of course SEVERAL people DID say something....to the FBI....more than once....

But for some reason the FBI didn't do anything about it. So I guess that "see something say something" only works if you "say something" to someone other than who we pay to "do something."

Wow , now where and when have I heard that agencie's name in the news concerning it's corrupted leaders ?
Was it with the shooter in the Orlando nightclub ? - Same story. Different name.
Or the Boston bombers ? - Same story. Different names
More ?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
1. Psychotropic Medications

2. Narcissistic Society

3. Desired Celebrity Status

4. Failed Education System

5. Access to Weapons Not Mature Enough to Handle

1. The problems are looking at us right in the face and we refuse to do anything about it. Anyone who says psychotropic medications aren't a contributing factor is a fool. Look at the side effects for Christ's sake. Look at this kids demeanor, his complete disconnect from humanity.

2. Narcissism: PSYCHOLOGY; extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration, as characterizing a personality type. PSYCHOANALYSIS; self-centeredness arising from failure to distinguish the self from external objects, either in very young babies or as a feature of mental disorder. Yup, that's about 1/2 of Americans

3. He's doing this because he doesn't fit in, and he wants to be famous. Because in our society, fame is above all. We idolize fake people on fake tv shows and fake movies and then take their opinions as the modern day gospel. We buy goods and pay for services based on what "celebrity" endorses them instead of what their functional worth is. Well, this kid just found a way to share the same TMZ space as the rest of the false prophets we love so much.

4. Our academic standards in America are embarrassing. Maybe I'm different, but when I went to school my focus was on school, and I hung out with my friends between classes, at lunch and after school. Have we lost touch with that? It seems like high school and middle school are more like daycare centers than academic institutions. We aren't teaching young people how to be people anymore.

5. Lastly, the great gun debate. All I will say is this, the guns didn't commit this crime. But if you can't accept the fact that this kid should have never been in possession of this type of weaponry, you're as ignorant as they come. We must find a way to keep guns out of the wrong hands, even if that means that we sacrifice some aspects of gun ownership. I will fight for the 2nd amendment, but there can be a middle ground where stricter policy keeps nutjobs like this kid from living out his dark and twisted nightmare again.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Who made that decision ?
This is beyond bizarre.

Right??? I'm asking myself the same question...

Stephen Paddock is supposedly dead and cremated and news media had to sue to get what little evidence released that they could. This kid is still alive, awaiting trial, and this is released out of the blue?

Something's not right here...

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

The article says that it was Broward County who released it, which makes it even more bizarre. Almost like they are trying to get out in front of something. Will something be made known soon that makes them look even worse?

I'm wondering about that too... it's already not looking good for the Sheriff:

Broward deputies union votes 'no confidence' in Sheriff Israel

Four years later, alleged assault by Sheriff Israel's son becomes a news story

Just how much worse can it get?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join