It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Suspended Over Social Media Post About David Hogg

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I can't help but feel that certain people are actively trying to push one side or the other of this country into snapping......

They are definitely doing that. The question is are they intentionally doing it or are they so blinded by short term selfish rewards that don't see the harm they are doing?

The MSM,GOP, and DNC constantly push to bi-polarize issue where their is no middle ground. Its either you are my friend and agree with me or you are my enemy by disagreeing with me.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: kaylaluv

The internet provides anonymity which emboldens people to spew their vile poison without someone grabbing them and flushing their head down the toilet.

I’m just baffled as to why there is so much vile poison within people. I’ve never even thought most of the hateful things that people actually write on social media.

Better be vile than lie
Of course , some consider the truth about something as vile if it is not what they want to here
How bout you ?

edit on 5/30/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I’m not really outraged — just saddened.

I will agree with your last statement. Social media is anything but social.

I didn't mean you personally. I just meant the general outrage.

We are at a point when the avenues with which people can express their opinions are freely available to nearly anyone. It's unprecedented. If we want to allow that to continue, we should learn to tolerate it, grow a thicker skin. But the focus on tweets is always in inverse proportion to the focus on reality.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
turn off the TV vote libertarian/ republican stop giving any of your money to any of the morons who support the speech police

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I'm sorry boys and girls but before you go forth and post anything on-line, we have to show you the proper way to use your personal account on social media so you don't offend crybaby snowflakes.

Pretty much. Most LE agencies have social media policies for exactly this reason, and when some dickhead goes and says something about a car running over demonstrators on a public page, the agency is going to take action.

I've seen people fired for less, and don't really have any sympathy for them. If you're going to plaster your agency online and then go say stupid stuff, stupid things will happen.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Man...I wish these cry baby bastard snow flakes would come to a mine site for 1 week.
My money says they don't last 2 days.
But then again someone as fragile as that little puke David Hogg would never consider a working mans profession.
Probably grow up to run the cash register at the movie theatre or maybe even the head dipper at Dip-a-wienny

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It’s not really about lying. It’s about actively writing something that’s hateful instead of just not writing anything at all.

A couple of examples: I’m on a facebook group for parents discussing costs for their kid’s college. It’s for sharing information about scholarships, federal aid, how to fill out the paperwork - in addition to all the other costs of college, like setting up a dorm room. Some of the parents were asking for advice on specifics for the dorm room, like organizers and such. Some guy then got on the page and posted stuff like “what, are you guys gonna wipe your kid’s ass while he’s in college? You are raising a bunch of snowflakes. Let ‘em figure that stuff out on their own”. That wasn’t necessary at all. There was no reason to be so judgmental about it. If you don’t agree with how these parents are planning for their own kids, keep it to yourself. Of course, some got defensive, and it turned into a fight on the damn internet. It didn’t accomplish anything other than making a bunch of people mad.

Also on facebook, I follow a nutritionist who specializes in the ketogenic diet. She happens to be extremely lean. She has received several comments on her facebook page about how horrible she looks because she is too skinny, and how she looks like a man due to her lean muscles and relatively flat chest. Seriously? Why put those comments on there? What purpose does it serve, other than to lash out and try to hurt her? I think she’s a bit too thin too, but I wouldn’t dream of posting any of the comments I read.

Then you have the political stuff, and it’s just as vicious - and it comes from both sides. It’s like people are positively gleeful to be able to say just awful things to and about each other.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I can't help but feel that certain people are actively trying to push one side or the other of this country into snapping......

Ummm...snapping what...der Fuhrer's ...chicken neck...

Viva la revolucio'n...

YouSir

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Public is anything where someone can see or hear it. Geesh. If you have a job that stipulates the use of social media, its your responsibility to adhere to it... or you're FREE to find another job. Goes both ways, libs, believe it or not.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Some of you really need to learn that freedom of speech isn't free of consequences.

Hard lesson for some, apparently.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
"Sensitivity training"—the two words that will define this generation.

In the old days, we used to call it Parenting. We'd get spanked and grounded for being disrespectful. You have to wonder what happened to this guys parents?

He is such a criminal. Bad parenting for sure. His parent spared the rod with this one. You can almost feel the evil eminating from his dark heart...

he hoped “some old lady loses control of her car” in the parking lot

I mean, that's right up there with gas chambers.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Some of you really need to learn that freedom of speech isn't free of consequences.

That's like saying wearing short skirts isn't free of consequences. It's victim-blaming tripe.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

That's like saying wearing short skirts isn't free of consequences. It's victim-blaming tripe.

No, it really isn't. You are free to say any stupid awful thing. However, you may have to deal with the result.

It's just common sense. Which is sadly lacking in this ever-worsening world.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I just have to quote this again, for the fact that people are giving stars to this half thought out, lazy comparison. This is what is wrong with the quick reaction social media world.

You must be responsible for what you say. Period.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

No, it really isn't. You are free to say any stupid awful thing. However, you may have to deal with the result.

It's just common sense. Which is sadly lacking in this ever-worsening world.

Tell that to the guys at Charlie Hebdo. They should have known better, am I right?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I still can't believe (well I can actually) how much of douchebags right wingers are. Attacking a kid and making up BS about him ("crisis actor" as if there was such a thing) beausse he dares to speak out against something they like. And then have the gall to whine about freedom of speech? They are dirtbag hypocrites for sure.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Yeah the cop asking for the death of a teenage is less offensive than taking a knee.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
"Maybe an old lady would lose control of the car in the public's parking lot".

I'm not sure how the rest of you are reading that sentence but it seems that you think he was advocating for violence and, as an earlier poster misquoted, "HOPED and old lady would...."
It's entirely possible and legally arguable that he was cautioning the crybaby protesters as to possible consequences as in "What you're doing is not safe; maybe an old lady would lose control in the public's parking lot and you'd all suffer injuries". If I were the officer I'd protest the ruling (and make a separate account).

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Not an ounce of sympathy for officer dumbass.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

So, if the officer in question is a member of ATS and reads your assessment of him, he could sue you in court for libel and you'd have to prove that he is literally a Dumb Ass. I suspect you would lose that lawsuit and be required to take sensitivity training for how to post responsibly online. Zero sympathy all around.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join