It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Brother Has a Strange Bacterial Infection

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So my brother went into the hospital with what he thought was Pneumonia. Definitely had respiratory distress. They took x-rays and prescribed antibiotics. About a week later he went back in for a follow up x-ray and the spot was still on his lung. now they are thinking maybe something more serious like cancer. They do some tests and send him home to wait for the results.

In the meantime, his right arm starts to pump uncontrollably one day and we get him to the hospital. He gets an MRI and he has a lesion on the left side of his brain. (tumor)? They do a biopsy and find out it is a bacteriological infection. The doctors have no idea how he could have gotten it since there was no entry point into the brain where it is. Furthermore, they cant isolate what kind of infection it is or how to treat it properly yet. They have him on 3rd generation antibiotics right now. It seems to be holding it at bay for now.

The hospital had put him on Warfarin to make sure there is no blood clotting, but this caused hemmoraging in the brain where the infrection was. He also ended up getting a blood clot anyway. Yesterday, he had surgury to drain the abcess in the brain and they removed several blood clots from his right arm. His hemoglobin is all messed up and parts of his body are hemorraging and parts are clotting.

He lives in western Canada and I heard of a similar case in Alberta.

Anyone in ATS land hear of this kind of condition?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
OMG, sounds nasty. I hope he's going to be OK.

Does he use a mobile phone much?

Thoughts are with you/him, keep us informed.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WisdomSeeker

Does he have any root canals or chronic dental infection?

I am so sorry he is going through this...sending him well wishes and good vibes.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Hi Wisdoms sorry to hear about your brother. I am sure you have looked through numerous information sources but I will throw in 2 links to check.

Encephalitis ?

www.brainandspine.org.uk...

Meningitis ?

www.brainandspine.org.uk...

Best luck to Him and yourself.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

So, there are 4 plant extracts, that can do no harm, taste horrid, but may just save his life:
lomatium, osha, lobelia and echinacea angustifolia the species being very important in this case for its powerful lymph and anti septicemic action. the 1st 3 you can get on line from Herb Pharm, the last one from Vitality Works

yadda yadda fda wants me to tell you Im a quack and Im not practicing medicine, which Im not...but if this was my wife daughter etc... you can bet your arse thats what Id do.

I wish you the best and your brother etc...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Interesting!
No body ever mentions Osha (assuming Osha root).
What about Cat's Claw as well?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Nipah?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
There has been some uptick in clotting disorders here in our area. I know three people who eat well that have had problems with clots or fibroids. Bacteria infections can do that, all three were a little sick maybe two weeks before they got symptoms with some kind of infection but had mostly recovered. Two are people in their thirties and in decent shape, one is in real good shape for being in his seventies. Something might be out there that has mutated. None of these three got a reason for their condition from the doctor, all got some medicines to treat the thickened blood.

Too much lectins in leafy greens and other sources can cause clots, also too much dairy products in the diet, especially aged cheeses and yogurts. We need to keep things in moderation and consume a few blood thinning foods like onions regularly. Salicicates like in cucumbers are good too to take the charge off the platelets which makes them agglutinate.

Sorry to hear your brother is having these problems, I hope all goes well eventually.
edit on 30-5-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
if this ever happened to me i would be eating a bulb of garlic every day, interspersed with cycling activated charcoal until my snot was black with it, and drinking bottles of the best colloidal silver you can buy.

good luck.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

osha is a ligusticum and hence carries other remedies to the head, its also quite potent with the lungs and lymph, its what bears consume in the Rockies after hibernation.

Cats claw is a great anti inflammatory by all means, I was looking for purgatives, anti viral and bacterial action as well as lymph flushing and anti septic action due to potential secondary sepsis.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You gotta try some garlic fermented in honey. Tastes good and is amazing for immune system.
Unfortunately, no amount of garlic with honey or any sort of 'herbal' remedy will cure OPs brother, he needs some strong antibiotics and a lot of rest, time, and supervision from medical staff.

If there's bacterial in the brain it's as serious as meningitis. Thankfully they caught it early. I am sure he will recover.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Consider angelica genus for fibroids and clotting issues. Sinensis species being notoriously beneficial for the uterous etc...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Good luck and God bless to your brother and your family. Wishing the best for you all.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Legionnaire's disease?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

We are looking into dental related possibilities. No root canal though. Thanks

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Thanks. I'll look into them. Only familiar with echinacea

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
silver/ msm sulphur knock that crap right out

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Could be aspergillus

www.aspergillus.org.uk...
edit on 30-5-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Hey,

Have your brother drink horseshoe crab blood. Make a soup with it.

Its good against bacterial infections. Its also VERY expensive.

edit on 5 30 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I actually Watched a documentary just the other day on people whom contracted a bacteria infection that went untreated for a long durations until the doctors finally figured out wth they were up against.
One of them, a book and movie was made about her experience- Brain on Fire.
The other, was a child who contracted a parasite from playing in the park, accidentally touching raccoon poop and ended up getting a very nasty parasite infection.

Sorry but your story just reminded me of this because the drs had no idea what the hell was going on.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join