It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help me understand the Russia thing.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: rickymouse
Mostly what Russia did was make us aware that Hillary was a screwup. But in politics, telling voters the truth is a sin, we vote for the best deceiver, not an honest and trustworthy person.

Harvey Weinstein was indicted by a Grand Jury Today.

Story - www.cbsnews.com...

Why is it taking so long for Sessions/Huber to bring people to justice for the laws they broke?

It's the government, they know how to make things expensive and inefficient. You don't think it gets better the higher up you go do you?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
You answered your own question. They swayed the easily swayed. Those are called “swing states” because—by definition—they have a lot of voters whose opinions can be changed. They didn’t waste effort and money trying to make Texas more red or California less blue.

It’s commonly stated that Trump won the election in the three swing states of Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. The combined number of voters in those 3 states was 13,940,912. The total margin by which Trump won was 77,744 (according to Wikipedia). That’s about 1 vote out of 180. There are several different ways to accomplish that level of difference. You can spool up the voters who would naturally vote for Trump to turn out more of them. You can convince voters who would have voted for Sanders to vote for a third party, in protest. You can convince black and Latino voters that their vote is pointless, so they stay home. As I understand it, the Russians tried all those tactics, as they have done in other countries.

So, did they change at least one vote out of 180? Personally, I don’t know how to prove they did or didn’t, but that seems like a really slim margin.

a reply to: network dude

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

LOL, then I have a fix. We can just tell the voters in those states, they are too stupid to be trusted with such an important decision. We have identified the issue, found the weak link and quickly realized a solution. the pesky part of the constitution that speaks about their "right to vote" can be removed due to their lack or common sense. Hail Putin in the next election. Oh, I mean, hail Trump! sorry.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: FyreByrd

IS DONALD TRUMP A TRAITOR?

That headline reminds me of Betteridge's Law of Headlines

"This story is a great demonstration of my maxim that any headline which ends in a question mark can be answered by the word "no." The reason why journalists use that style of headline is that they know the story is probably bull#, and don’t actually have the sources and facts to back it up, but still want to run it."

Perhaps - I'm a fan of listening to those who are knowledgeable in a subject area and Mr. Risen is well qualified.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It makes me wonder, how many threads were spawned on ats based on fake need stories planted...?

Why would anyone engage in warfare with America when you can create division and self deprecation from 8000 miles away

There's a few watching our news abroad laughing whilst drinking quadruple distilled vodka.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer
Do you think the candidates campaigning in the last week had any influence on those swing states?
Trump visited Michigan 4 time to Hillary's 2, he visited PA 5 times to Hillary's 3 and he went to Wisconsin 1 to hillary's 0.

a reply to: odzeandennz
There was loads of threads started from fake news, remember all the polling threads? lol

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ruskies convinced me that Hillary was a vile animal..

I now realize that shes just a misunderstood gentle old lady who is "for" the people.

As a repentance ive since signed up as a monthly donor to her Foundation which has helped many Haitians people have better lives.

The people in Haiti who are protesting Hillary are also sadly misinformed...Clearly russia got to them as well.

By the way...there is a presidential election coming up in Colombia and guess what? Yep...politicians here are also worried about those pesky Russians

Go figure..

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
To answer the OP directly, and being an outsider looking in. This is the "Russian thing".

1. Russia's extensive propaganda arm published loads of fake news to confuse and confound American politics at the last election.
2. The losing side (Clinton) thinks that the Russian intervention helped Trump, and they were robbed.
3. The winning side (Trump) thinks that the Russian intervention had no discernible impact.
4. In between times each side accuses each other of encouraging Russia.

The outcome will be at least a decade of Americans whining on about it.

Plus, the world now knows that Russia are really playing a game of destabilisation, so future elections in the developed world will likely aggressively target Russian-sourced crap. That's probably the only good thing that will come out of this.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

So here's the straight inside (double secret probation) dope on how the Russians pulled off their diabolical plan for rigging the US presidential elections. Pay attention now, because there's gonna' be a test...

See, the Russkie's have a bunch of midgets, legions of them. So they loaded up a whole 'bunch' of these midgets on an airplane (and you know a whole LOT of midgets can fit on an airplane, right). And they flew all these midgets to the US. Then they snuck around the night before the elections and crammed a midget inside every one of the voting machines in the US, yup, right inside the machine itself. (Okay, well, first they gave 'em all a couple Clif bars and a red-bull, cuz this was gonna' take a while.) Anyway, then they made all these midgets just sit there and wait, inside the voting machines, until the polls opened.

When the polls opened if a person selected Billary the Russian midgets would change the vote to Trump. And that's really all there was to it, except for the part about rounding up all the sweaty grumpy midgets afterwards (but that's another story). Anyway, the rest is history and Trump won as a result.

So now you know the rest of the story. Now, don't tell anyone cuz this is super secret stuff here, okay?

Remember at the beginning I said there was gonna' be a test? Well, here's the test...

TEST - Take your right hand, reach around behind yourself and see if you can find your ass with it. Now try the same thing with your left hand. See if you can find your ass with that hand too.

SCORING - If you found your ass with either your right hand, or your left hand, then you are not a registered democrat / Billary supporter.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

No, actually what will happen is all future elections will now be held in secret...so the Russians don't know about them, and thus can't "rig" them. Now, the American people won't know about them either because, well you know...Russia. So the electors will just vote on behalf of everyone. But no matter, it'll all be fair, they promise.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Russia ALLEGEDLY engaged in the standard national intelligence practice of election monitoring/infiltration/influence. This happens non-stop in nations around the world, including both TO the United States and BY the United States.

Trump had nothing to do with any of this, which isn't even a true crime. Note that in Mueller's indictments, he didn't even accuse those indicted of committing an actual crime. And he also indicted a company that didn't even exist during the election (because he's a senile fool)
edit on 5/31/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yes, and any dissent from Citizens will be instantly labeled Russian influence. Clearly, our Citizens can't be thinking different than the government. And if you try to think outside the box? You are a Russian

Soviet Kremlin!

But where is the proof of "collusion" I was promised so many times?

Where oh where is all the collusion RE: President Trump? Where Dems, where? They are looking pretty petty/cultish about right now

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Geo political power struggles combined with territorial pissing. That's the Russia - West dynamics

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: curme

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't know if you understand this or not, but what that says is that Russia hacked the emails of the DNC and revealed just how scummy they really are. Note that none of that was refuted, just that they were angry that those facts were released. So am I supposed to be angry at Russia, or the DNC? (Honest question)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

it was in the report the gov released, the only influence they can see that russia exerted was a couple hundred fake accounts on facebook which pushed division against BOTH hillary and trump,
apparently it is old hat that russia pushes both sides negative ad's to increase division and in fighting.

the report from the DOJ even quantified the amount of influence russia had on the election at 0.03%....

if you want to know details from gov reports, read them as they come out, many more are doing this nowadays then ever before,

www.oversight.gov...

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't know if you understand this or not, but what that says is that Russia hacked the emails of the DNC and revealed just how scummy they really are. Note that none of that was refuted, just that they were angry that those facts were released. So am I supposed to be angry at Russia, or the DNC? (Honest question)

Russia may or may not have hacked the DNC server....but they were not the only ones. The leaks to Wikileaks did NOT come from Russia. I can tell you that much.....

And has already been stated, every modernized country with an intelligence branch uses propaganda to help their ideological side "influence" elections in EVERY country that matters....including but not limited to the United States.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

originally posted by: network dude

en.wikipedia.org...

Russia may or may not have hacked the DNC server....but they were not the only ones. The leaks to Wikileaks did NOT come from Russia. I can tell you that much.....

And has already been stated, every modernized country with an intelligence branch uses propaganda to help their ideological side "influence" elections in EVERY country that matters....including but not limited to the United States.

Until there is proof where the e-mails originated, arguing that Russia didn't provide them is fruitless. (you may know, but until we can prove it, it's just an opinion)

I hope that in the near future, the truth in all this will come out and we can all put it behind us so we, as a nation can move on.

Glad to see you around.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Russian state actors meddled in our election process; even Trump admits this.

The extent of that is being determined.

The matter is being used to further divide/maintain the divide in the American people.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If russia did not hack the election then tell me how trump won?

Let's assume the polls were correct that hillary would win just for a moment. How did trump fool the polls and the people and not let us in on it until it was over???

There is a legit answer to this question that has been ignored

BP

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join