It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help me understand the Russia thing.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It's been said a lot lately. Russia turned the election for Trump. This guy Clapper was head of the FBI, you would hope he had some knowledge and credibility.

But what does that even mean? What specifically did Russia do? Did they change votes already cast? Did they threaten people to vote a certain way? Did they hack voting machines and change numbers? Did they just post on social media and sway the easily swayed?

If they did something bad, I want to know, and I need to understand so I can be outraged with everyone else who is outraged. But before that happens, I need to comprehend what they did and how it affected votes.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Sounds like an admission that all US defence systems are childishly useless. Russians can hack your elections.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

just prior to the election we were not only assured this couln't happen, we were made to fee stupid for even asking the question. And yes, I have video.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

If your pressed hard enough the Russians effecting the elections would fall into the same camp as climate change producing weather patterns that kept Hillary voters home ...I guess

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Let me explain it to you.

1. Russia hacked the server that had the votes. Remember the older movies where the kid hacker could change his grade from A D to a B? Well, Russia did the same thing.

When it came time for the votes to be tabulated, (that means putting it on a table) the Russians changed the name "Hillary" to Trump.

2. Also, Russians made Hillary look bad by tweeter and Facebook.

3. Memes. Russians did a lot of memes. They made fun of Hillary and everyone knows that memes are funny!

4. The democrats are trying to convince America that we are stupid and that Russia is smart. If we are stupid (as democrats believe) then it is likely that the Stupids were swayed to change their votes because Russian dressing on salads.

Or something like that.

Plus Pepe. The frog that gets gay or something sure triggered some people. So I think Pepe is responsible. So Pepe must be Russian.

What's the Russian word for Pepe?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I'm curious OP, do you believe in social engineering?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The real reason Russia is guilty is their stances.

They're anti immigration.
They tend to side with Christians - with the obvious notable exceptions.
They do not agree that America's disastrous foreign policy is a boon to the world.
They didn't cave to America during, or after, the cold war.

Politicians are absolutely spot on, all the time about public sentiment and what the people actually want - you just have to LITERALLY do a 180 on everything they say and you'll have the truth.

Here's an example: (P for politician, A for real answer):-

-(P) The economy is booming
-(A) The economy is being, just barely, held together through unsustainable fiscal stimulus
-(P) Russia meddled
-(A) We lost because our candidate was completely un-electable and sent to Earth by Satan himself.

Political speak is the tongue of the Devil. You can say tons of words and not 'say' anything at all.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Made to feel foolish for asking the question. That's a technique. Using it is proof they planned ahead.

Cutting to the chase it's all about setting up the next war to profit and protect the bankers.

What specifically did Russia do?

A journalist wouldn't get paid for an honest answer to that question. They'll only get paid for fanning the flames of war.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

Do you mean "Advertising science 101"? Yes, I have a working knowledge of it.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

sent to earth by Satan
that about sums it up for me
case closed

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Petrosky !

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What's the Russian word for Pepe?

I believe it's "Pepe". In French, it's "Le Pepe".

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Mostly what Russia did was make us aware that Hillary was a screwup. But in politics, telling voters the truth is a sin, we vote for the best deceiver, not an honest and trustworthy person.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

Do you mean "Advertising science 101"? Yes, I have a working knowledge of it.

I mean social engineering - the attempt to shape attitudes and perceptions on a large scale.
This isn't the same as advertisements and how and why they work.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Kester

just prior to the election we were not only assured this couln't happen, we were made to fee stupid for even asking the question. And yes, I have video.

That should be your cue to stop listening to the talking heads @ the media.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Mostly what Russia did was make us aware that Hillary was a screwup. But in politics, telling voters the truth is a sin, we vote for the best deceiver, not an honest and trustworthy person.

Exactly, an honest person wouldn't just tell people what the want to hear. In fact an honest person would annoy voters as voting is a selfish practice and that is what the deceivers rely on.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The Russia Thingy

.... is a thread on this very subject.

In the OP is a link to an excellent article by

James Risen wrote his first piece for the Intercept:

IS DONALD TRUMP A TRAITOR?
James Risen
February 16 2018, 3:00 a.m.

From Wikipedia on James Risen:

James Risen (born April 27, 1955) is an American journalist for The Intercept.

He previously worked for The New York Times and before that for Los Angeles Times.

He has written or co-written many articles concerning U.S. government activities and is the author or co-author of two books about the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and a book about the American public debate about abortion.

Risen is a Pulitzer Prize winner.

He is well qualified to speak/write on this subject.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

IS DONALD TRUMP A TRAITOR?

That headline reminds me of Betteridge's Law of Headlines

"This story is a great demonstration of my maxim that any headline which ends in a question mark can be answered by the word "no." The reason why journalists use that style of headline is that they know the story is probably bull#, and don’t actually have the sources and facts to back it up, but still want to run it."

edit on 30-5-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Harvey Weinstein was indicted by a Grand Jury Today.

Story - www.cbsnews.com...

Why is it taking so long for Sessions/Huber to bring people to justice for the laws they broke?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'd do lousy in politics. I am poor at lying, too much conscience I suppose.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join