It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Explosions Responsible For Mysterious Booms In PA?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Not sure if this is appropriate for Fragile Earth because it could be man made, but apparently there has been mysterious booms in Pennsylvania since April 2. They have been powerful enough to shake houses.

Mysterious Booms Being Investigated By FBI

A joint-investigation into the mysterious booms rattling the communities of Bucks and Lehigh Counties reveals the cause to be explosions, according to police and federal law enforcement.

There have been a wide range of theories as to where these booms are coming from. Hydraulic fracking, tannerite, underground tunnels/facilities being constructed. Seems weird that they are certain it was caused by twenty explosions but give no other details. Explosions from what?

Any ATS'ers in the area who have experienced the booms? Any explanations?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

I've heard about strange/mysterious booms in different locations for a long time, but always thought it was bananas or people trying to create conspiracy theories.

But it seems like these in Penny are really freaking people out. I can't even come up with a theory.

+7 more 
posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
" It was explosions"
"We don't know who did it, why they did it, where they did it or how they did it...but it was explosions"

"Trust us"
'"We're from the government and we're here to help"

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
" It was explosions"
"We don't know who did it, why they did it, where they did it or how they did it...but it was explosions"

"Trust us"
'"We're from the government and we're here to help"

Exactly. Also seems strange that they apparently know the exact amount of explosions, but give no further details. Really?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
They are felt MUCH further south (at least 100 miles) and I suggest that they must be seperate sources as what is up in Lehigh as if it could be heard & felt 100 miles away, that is a BIG boom. If it is being heard in many areas, sonic boom from an airplane maybe?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

People are eating to much Curry.

Sorted.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
We hear them here on Jekyll Island, Georgia all the time. Loud enough to rattle windows, and usually at night. Rumors around here are it's caused by off shore fraking. FLETC(Federal Law Enforcement Training Center) blows up cars and buildings on a daily basis for training purposes but those explosions are distinctly different. We here the FLETC bombs everyday so it's easy to distinguish . The mystery boom are exponentially louder and are powerful enough to be felt traveling thru the ground, unlike the FLETC bombs that are short, not as loud, and don't rattle the windows in houses.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
They are felt MUCH further south (at least 100 miles) and I suggest that they must be seperate sources as what is up in Lehigh as if it could be heard & felt 100 miles away, that is a BIG boom. If it is being heard in many areas, sonic boom from an airplane maybe?
yes. My brother lives 80 miles north of me, in savannah, and he and i call or text eachother when we hear them. That's a pretty good radius compared to the FLETC bombs that it carry about 3 miles on a good day

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Maybe something underground. Lots of old mines in PA.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I had a friend who's dad use to work at the local reserve base and we would find out what was being dropped on the training weekends and we could hear and feel the 2000lb-ers being about ~25 miles away when the wind was blowing towards us. There was a slight rumble like when we have a 3.2-3.4 quake in the area. So if people are hearing loud noises farther than this, then that is a heck of a bomb!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Maybe something underground. Lots of old mines in PA.

There is an old burning coal mine town (the old mine is on fire and the town deserted). Supposedly the mine fire started by people burning trash (a small pile) at the local dump and it "ignighted" a coal seam and it spread to many sq Km. Yeah, if you believe that, I got a bridge to sell you in Arizona!
edit on 5 30 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm In Southern Chester County, PA. A few miles from Dullaware and the Mason-Dixon Line. We hear booms all of the time, but it can usually be explained by the Aberdeen proving grounds being not that far away.
edit on 30-5-2018 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
About a year and a half ago I heard what sounded like the grand finale of fireworks starting at about 9:30pm but they kept up for about 10+ minutes and I started listening closer and outside. I then thought it sounded like anti-aircraft fire with larger explosions interspersed between the rapid gun fire. It was coming from the south, that is all I could tell. It lasted about an 90+ mins and it shook the house with the large explosions. I called every fire department and police department and the army training ground in a 30-45 mile radius and not one place reported any celebrations or disturbances, though some had other calls about explosions that night. Nothing on the news or elsewhere (I called all local stations).

It sounded like there was a war zone about 10-15 miles away and it was non-stop like someone next door had an action movie on their home theater for 90+ mins. I know it wasn't b/c my neighbors live far away and I was outside listening.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Another possibility...
They did not recover all of the dynamite that went missing in April:

patch.com...

The ATF said investigators recovered evidence of 320 cartridges of dynamite, weighting approximately 352 pounds, at Riverfront Park. A total of 404 blasting caps were also recovered there. Initial inventory of the missing explosives was 640 cartridges, about 704 pounds, and approximately 400 blasting caps.

However, authorities believe the initial amount reported stolen could have been inaccurate.

They don't know for sure that the original count was inaccurate.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Another possibility...
They did not recover all of the dynamite that went missing in April:

patch.com...

The ATF said investigators recovered evidence of 320 cartridges of dynamite, weighting approximately 352 pounds, at Riverfront Park. A total of 404 blasting caps were also recovered there. Initial inventory of the missing explosives was 640 cartridges, about 704 pounds, and approximately 400 blasting caps.

However, authorities believe the initial amount reported stolen could have been inaccurate.

They don't know for sure that the original count was inaccurate.

Seems possible. Still, why be so secretive about it now if that is in fact the stolen explosives?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I don't think they know for certain what the cause is. They are asking for the public's help to report the explosions and to report if they know anything about the cause. But since the FBI is involved, it seems like they might be concerned about something as serious as explosives.

20-plus early morning explosions in 2 months investigated

State police are leading the investigation with help from the FBI and U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
She said she is aware of "some craters" discovered but could not immediately comment on the size of them.

They also suspect Tannerite. Craters definitely are a sign of something exploding. I doubt this is from some natural occurrence.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Ahhh yes. Centralia. One of our "dare ya to go" places back in high school.

The abandoned graffiti highway leading into town is an awesome piece of art. The town itself is spooky as hell. Not much left save for a creepy old church and a few houses.

Imagine our surprise when we were approached by an elderly couple who politely asked us to keep our voices down. (We were hootin n hollerin` because, well abandoned town!)

They explained that a few families were allowed to stay, about a dozen total people. They helped with upkeep of cemetaries/landmarks. Oh and that creepy church? It still has service every Sunday!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Yeah I heard it is some "ethnic" Russians or eastern europeans that live there. IDK if that is true, did they have thick accents?

I've never believed the story about how the coal fire started or that it is only a coal fire. I've done blacksmith work on a coal forge and it is surprisingly easy to have a coal fire go from 2800 deg F to being out in a few minutes if the blower goes off or even slows down. coal just doesn't start very easily and it just doesn't keep burning unless there is a really good draft or blower. That is why people needed tall chimney's because there were not electric blowers. The hot air traveled up the tall chimney sucking more air in that fed the fire. It just doesn't work the other way around, pulling air down into the ground, I'll pay someone $10,000 if you can show me how that would work naturally.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

The woman had an accent. The church's plaque read "first Ukrainian catholic" if I recall. Not sure about catholic but definitely remember the Ukrainian part.

I don't buy the story either. I've talked to 2 men who once worked the mines and they claim the anthracite is so rich, the veins in and around town are easily in the hundreds of millions of dollars worth. They were just cranky old men, but their theory holds water. If you Google it it's actually a popular theory among many. Once The remaining residents die off, the state gets full rights to do whatever they want.

Methinks a conspiracy is afoot!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join