It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - A-Team Mad Dog Murdock Is Howling Mad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Pretty straight forward..

"Mad Dog Murdock" from the A-Team is now "Howling Mad Murdock" ..and always has been.

I don't remember that at all - I remember him being introduced as "Mad Dog Murdock" or "MD Murdock" - they called him that I think because of his dog that passed.

However..

He was never - not even once - referred to or credited as "Mad Dog" in the TV show or movie.

There's plenty of residue..

There's even residue where a guy asks in a newspaper column about TV shows "I saw his name as Mad Dog" - to which they reply "According to NBC he's always been Howling Mad".

How do you suppose folks got that idea? "Howling Mad" doesn't sound like "Mad Dog" - and - the show never uttered "Mad Dog".

Even weirder as a wide range of people from all over remember Mad Dog (not regional).

They call him "HM Murdock" now (HM for howling mad).. I watched a few clips and it sounds ridiculous.

So a large group of people (myself included) remember Mad Dog Murdock - it's not memory because the term "Mad Dog" was never said (you can't misremember something that was never said). There's no mundane excuse.. ..we can't hide from it and it's not going anywhere. We need to accept the possibility that something huge is happening - and talk about it as such.

He has always been HM Murdock - if you remember HM Murdock then you're exactly correct..

..but does anyone here other than me remember Mad Dog Murdock?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
You know, I'm not going to jump on the Mandella bus just yet, but Howling Mad Murdock, or HM Murdock just does not sound right at all. For whatever reason, I have always thought it was Mad Dog Murdock.

Was there another "Mad Dog" from around that time? Maybe in wrestling or something? I don't know. I'm just reaching here.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If you're gonna rip things from reddit and/or youtube, you could at least give credit to the original sources rather than passing it off as some sort of original thought of your own.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I remember hannibal calling him MDM not HMM. I suggest murdock may have been referred to as howling mad on an occasion or two when he did something nuts or was being described to someone - such as "don't get him angry he's howling mad.". I spent a little too much time watching this as a child I'm embarassed to say. I could d/l the old VHS series and see what it says, it's still a torrent that has been online for like 9+ years. I don't think torrents can change very easily, or can they?

Also, just watched a show made in 2011 where the main character referenced the "shaquel Oneil movie where he played a Genie named Shazam" - or Shaq was in a movie called shazam where he played a genie. Not much of a difference, but they both point to a movie that seems to be gone..
edit on 5 30 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

My apologies!

I have mocked you for months with your ME threads but I have to say...

Now I'm convinced.
Only the foolish would believe otherwise.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hannibal, Face, BA Barracus and MAD DOG.

I'm also seeing "Faceman..." I remember FACE.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

Also, just watched a show made in 2011 where the main character referenced the "shaquel Oneil movie where he played a Genie named Shazam" - or Shaq was in a movie called shazam where he played a genie. Not much of a difference, but they both point to a movie that seems to be gone..

Don't know about A-Team but this one's still right there in Shaq"s IMDB

Kazam not Shazam
edit on 5 30 2018 by underpass61 because: added

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Always been Capt H M Murdoch.

Yet another memory thing. Lots of other "Mad Dog"s out there to jangle peoples memories up and - OP - your memory really is terrible.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
Hannibal, Face, BA Barracus and MAD DOG.

I'm also seeing "Faceman..." I remember FACE.

It is/was faceman, but Face for short.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

The simple fact there is as you call it residue, shows that yes, at different times he was called either of those things. I was born in the early 70s and loved the A Team.

I personally remember him being referred to as both, with 'Howling Mad' being the more common of the two. It stuck early on so they quickly dropped the other moniker. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
One of .y favorite shows. Always howling mad Murdock

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I remember him as Mad Dog.

I also remember Dean Martin calling Sammy Davis Jr a "Chocolate Monkey " in Cannonball Run, but I can't find it anywhere.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If this is not faulty memory and the effect is real, remnants like this should tell us everything.

If time is changing or some changed events in the past are rewriting the present, or whatever possible quantum explanation we try to attribute to this -- it would be complete or it wouldn't be. You can't have a change on one CD but not on another. Or some newspapers changed the spelling but others haven't and we find remnants or proof. The change would be complete if timelines have altered, or it wouuldn't be.

Since in almost all cases of Mandela Effect we are finding remnants or proof, I would posit it's more likely someone is messing with us. Someone with the resources, the capability and a reason for it. I would be most interested in finding out the reason.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It was always HM Murdock for me. I don't remember him as Mad Dog, but that's a common used nickname so I can see the confusion.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

To me it looks man made because everything's from the same time period, and mostly pop culture..

..but things in my house changed. Bible, obscure poetry book, globe, Reeves on the credits of somewhere in time box, Berenstein books (yes, I have two), gimp on my Linux box (i use the color pallet constantly, I asked the developers, they say it's never changed, even if it did the box isn't able to update)...

How would someone change physical items in my home?

That's technology on a different scale..

I'm not so sure mankind has technology that could change everyone's Bible in their homes overnight ("wine skins" was a part of my discipleship, I remember it well - that same Bible, the phrase is gone).

It may be an unintended consequence of a technology..

It could be natural, of an unknown process.

Our it could be supernatural (God).

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I remember 'Howling Mad' Murdock. I also seem to have 'Howling Mad Dog' stuck in my brain as well, so there is that.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Since in almost all cases of Mandela Effect we are finding remnants or proof, I would posit it's more likely someone is messing with us.

And what better way to mess than to confuse the hell out of everyone?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Dueling memory is common with ME, though that's not happening for me on this one.

You remarked that it could be someone messing with us - but how.. ..How would they change physical items in all homes? That level of technology seems out of reach for where we are.

It's happening, I just don't know if it's someone messing around.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

You remarked that it could be someone messing with us - but how.. ..How would they change physical items in all homes?

You ever watch Next Gen Trek (Or Voyager, with that Irish pub episode) with the holodeck eps? The holodeck characters when they reach a certain level of sentience kinda know something's gone to hell, but are not sure as to what? I sometimes feel like that- someone's screwing around with the program, and I'm... well- for lack of a better term- a holodeck character. I've had stuff disappear and reappear, and for the longest time, I'd blame my flaky brain and lousy eyeballs. Except, I can still do color matching (for models and repairs) like nobody's business, I'm able to draw, do photoshopping, etc- and if I was as flaky as I thought, my stuff would be utter crap.

My view of reality has been getting jaded more and more.... Because reality is losing its realness at a regular rate.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Maybe you are mixing him up with Mad dog Tannen from Back to the Future III, both around the same time. Always been HM Murdock for me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join