It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gowdy: FBI Acted Properly With Use of Informant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Please excuse me.

I did not realize this was a liberal circle jerk!

My bad carry on without me

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Actually I see you trying to split straws over some rather dumb reasoning. Everyone knew that both Presidential candidates would have been under investigation if elected prior to the election. Furthermore, Comey's allegiance is supposed to be with the Constitution, not the President himself. If there is reason to investigate the President then the FBI needs to investigate. It's that simple.

PS: Calling the investigation unconstitutional doesn't magically make it so just because its existence bothers you.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: introvert

Hey, when you install your goal posts on a rocket ship, all of these mental wranglings are possible.

I think you are being too nice in saying that.

I think it's more about a lack of integrity and honesty for the sake of politics, and these space cadets don't have a clue what the hell is going on. They just follow the tides of the latest conspiracy finding it's way on to shore.

Yeah. Whatever #Foxlandia or Trump says is CLEARLY true. Why would they lie after being wrong so many times about the investigation?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

i am out dude

the whole thread is based on a false premise

i used comey's own words and the point is being ignored and downplayed

clearly you all do not need me or truth to spread your agenda here.

have a good one

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

i am out dude

the whole thread is based on a false premise

i used comey's own words and the point is being ignored and downplayed

clearly you all do not need me or truth to spread your agenda here.

have a good one

What false premise? What is false about Gowdy saying that the FBI acted properly? I haven't even seen you discuss the actual point of the OP and instead are hung up on Comey's loyalty, which is really OT anyways.

Clearly you have reading issues, which makes me doubt your "truth" you are alleging to spread.
edit on 30-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Wow. Talk about confirmation bias.
A highly intelligent, seasoned prosecutor like Gowdy views the classified information and draws the conclusion that the FBI did their job, but people insist on clinging to these utterly ridiculous notions of mass corruption in our justice system, deep state, etc.

“They got to him! The deep state slipped him a liberal roofey!”

And if the IG report confirms that the FBI acted appropriately—including with the FISA warrant process? Good bet we’ll hear the same drivel: It’s a massive conspiracy to get Trump.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
Wow. Talk about confirmation bias.
A highly intelligent, seasoned prosecutor like Gowdy views the classified information and draws the conclusion that the FBI did their job, but people insist on clinging to these utterly ridiculous notions of mass corruption in our justice system, deep state, etc.

“They got to him! The deep state slipped him a liberal roofey!”

And if the IG report confirms that the FBI acted appropriately—including with the FISA warrant process? Good bet we’ll hear the same drivel: It’s a massive conspiracy to get Trump.

Obviously, it would be the Obama-Soros deep state that must have threatened the investigators.

"Q" and his merry band of ATS Wolfpack patriots told us so.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Gowdy would literally be the LAST person I'd accuse of being a RINO, yet there are posters in this thread saying as such. It's astounding how far people are willing to go to not accept they were wrong with their beliefs.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Hey w many times must this be explained to you?

Comey admitted why he did this

He assumed Hillary was going to win, and was worried if he didn’t announce the investigation it would be used to try to deligitimize her presidency

That is comeys own words

He did what he did to help Hillary, it just backfired

Nope. As usual you’re taking what someone said out of context and warping it to fit what you want to believe happened.

Here’s what Comey actually said:

The Republican response is based on what seems to be a misreading of one passage in the book, as Comey reflects on his decisions regarding the Clinton investigation in the days before the 2016 election. “I had assumed from media polling that Hillary Clinton was going to win,” Comey writes after discussing the Clinton investigation and his decision-making at length. “I have asked myself many times since if I was influenced by that assumption. I don’t know. Certainly not consciously but I would be a fool to say it couldn’t have had an impact on me. “It is entirely possible that, because I was making decisions in an environment where Hillary Clinton was sure to be the next president, my concern about making her an illegitimate president by concealing the restarted investigation bore greater weight than it would have if the election appeared closer or if Donald Trump were ahead in the polls. But I don’t know.”

www.politico.com...

“But I don’t know.”

When taken in full context this statement is just Comey waxing poetic about how he isn’t sure if he was subconsciously influenced by what was going on in the election at the time. Then he admits it didn’t consciously make a difference in reopening the email case.

As usual, you and others take one part of a statement out of context and use it to say what you want it to. It’s crap. And I don’t want to take the OP anymore off topic, but I thought at least everyone should know how full of BS this idea is of Comey trying to help Hillary with a reopening of the email investigation.

Have a nice day.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I am supposed to be gone...

that is not the interview i was speaking of so no.

He has covered this topic several times and the first interview is the one i was refering where he clearly stated that he did not want her to be elected and then her presidency to be delegitimized by the investigation announcement after the election so he choose to announce it before the election because he believed hillary would win.

AGAIN this thread is a hoax and is a portrait of attempts to legitimize an unconstitutional investigation

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Funny you take I don’t know as proof that didn’t influence him

He also says that his concern this would have influenced her legitimacy could have weighed in

But I don’t know doesn’t cut it

This is cool met admitting that one he was concerned about the legitimacy of Hillary and her looking good, and two that he may well have been influenced by politics

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Grambler

That sounds more like he did it to help the FBI and himself.

I agree that also seems to be a big factor

Hardly the “he did it to hurt Hillary” narrative being spewed

Again, if he wanted to hurt Hillary, h wouldn’t have left her off the hook in the first place

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I am supposed to be gone...

that is not the interview i was speaking of so no.

He has covered this topic several times and the first interview is the one i was refering where he clearly stated that he did not want her to be elected and then her presidency to be delegitimized by the investigation announcement after the election so he choose to announce it before the election because he believed hillary would win.

AGAIN this thread is a hoax and is a portrait of attempts to legitimize an unconstitutional investigation

Cool. Make a thread about with links and a time stamp to these statements. Otherwise saying you heard someone say something doesn’t really mean anything.

I have nothing to do at all today, so I’ll gladly review any statements and the appropriate context. This is a valid thread and shouldn’t be taken off topic because of people believing whatever crap they’ve been told to.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Are you ever going to explain how this thread is a hoax and prove that Gowdy didn't say that the FBI acted properly?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The point wasn't that he did it to help or not help her. The point was that FBI wasn't running some secret agenda to get her elected because they wouldn't have made that announcement if they were.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
It's funny how quickly the Trump crowd turn on someone when they don't toe the line. It wasn't that long ago that many on here wanted Gowdy to head the FBI.

That was before he started acting like an idiot.

He announced something about a different career then began to contradict himself to the point of shillness.

It is clear he is covering the whole mess by trying to call the trump investigation a counter intelligence investigation.

But of course. Everyone who doesent push the same narrative as the great orange one is either deep state, idiot, pedophile, liberal, communist,shill, Marxist etc. depending on the flavor of the day.

That appears to be true. There is one member in this thread that not just a couple months ago was praising Gowdy and how he was too smart for government. That's why he decided to leave office. Now he claims Gowdy is a deep state stooge.

On the other hand, you have another member that was stating specifically yesterday that the FBI spied on Trump, no question about it.

But today, they say perhaps they will listen to Gowdy and maybe the FBI did act properly.

The flavor of the day is always changing, but what never changes is the steaming pile of bull# people mistake for their principles.

Oh look at that you are referencing me!

Let’s start by reminding everyone that you didn’t want any investigation at all into fbi conduct, and said everyone who wanted it was a right wing but

Now to what I said

Yes, without a doubt the fbi spied in trumps campaign with an informant if all of the reporting is accurate

Gowdy doesn’t seem to dispute that. H says he feels it was justified

Ok great, I will look at the evidence when it’s presented

Unlike you, who is a shill that will do anything to defend your team including shifting criteria for what deserves to be investigated and call everyone a but that wants possible fbi misdoings investigated

I am willing to see evidence from all sides

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

The point wasn't that he did it to help or not help her. The point was that FBI wasn't running some secret agenda to get her elected because they wouldn't have made that announcement if they were.

One thing people tend to forget is that the NYPD had the laptop before the FBI. They knew what was on the laptop and kinda forced the FBI's hand into admitting that there were more classified Hillary emails.

EDIT: They wanted to sit on it until after the election, but that wasn't possible.

edit on R312018-05-30T10:31:08-05:00k315Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Are you ever going to explain how this thread is a hoax and prove that Gowdy didn't say that the FBI acted properly?

The whole investigation is unconstitutional. That makes the tread a hoax because it would be impossible for them to use a spy legally.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Unless they assumed it was in the bag for her.

Again we will see

If the IG report shows there was wrongdoing by the fbi into the Hillary investigation what will you say then?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

If the IG report shows there was wrongdoing by the fbi into the Hillary investigation what will you say then?

Some of the more simple-minded will say that it's Trump's DOJ/OIG. It will report what he tells them to report.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join