It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bethesda Teasing Fallout Game

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Look at the graphics. They are not quite as good as FO4. Leads me to believe that it indeed will be a co-op or MMO.

I was in the beta for ESO and remember the similar art styles be degraded graphics.

Really looking forward to E3!!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Not to mention the heavy emphasis on things in pairs. Place settings, tubes, chairs, cardboard cutouts.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Look at the graphics. They are not quite as good as FO4.

I don't know, they appear just as good if not slightly better to me.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I enjoyed FO4, even if it seemed messy in places, definitely could take some more Fallout, not if it's online though, I prefer single player experience any day of the week.

Can't wait for E3

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It just occurred to me that Bethesda has the rights to make a Game of Thrones title. (This happened a couple of years ago if I remember correctly). I don't know if it would be Single Player or MMO style...maybe this could be their surprise release? And the reason ES6 has been delayed so long?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Apparently Fallout 76 will be an "Online Survival RPG". If they get it right this could be a great game imo.

When Bethesda announced Fallout 76 with a teaser trailer this morning, promising more information at E3, it was easy to assume that the new game would be a traditional single-player role-playing game. But Fallout 76 is in fact an online survival RPG that’s heavily inspired by games like DayZ and Rust, according to three people familiar with the project.

Sources: Fallout 76 Is An Online Survival RPG

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I'm really looking forward to it. There is a certain missing aspect from most and Bethesda certainly has the talent to fill that gap in with NPC's, quests and some sort of progression.

Lots of folks are not to happy, I'm psyched however!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Lots of folks are not to happy, I'm psyched however!

Yeah I can understand why they may be unhappy but I think this is a natural progression for Fallout and it comes at a good time, to fill the gap before FO5 and TeS6. I really didn't want to wait another several years for a Fallout game so this is nice imo. I play mostly single player open world games so I share their concerns about an online Fallout but I also think Fallout is one of the few games which could adapt very well to an online environment because it revolves heavily around collecting loot and building structures. And even though I mostly play offline games I also love online survival games like Rust which is why this doesn't worry me very much, imagine building a base and then having to defend it from actual raiders who want to blow down your doors and steal all your loot... that sort of competitive game play is what makes Rust so fun and if they can capture that in F76 it'll be one of my favorite games.
edit on 31/5/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I'll wait for a real Fallout 5 or not at all. Sigh, so sick of everything turning into online multiplayer bull#.
edit on 5/31/2018 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

It's really annoying, I can only see it getting worse as it has done over the last decade! I feel like I will morph into a modern version of those people who are stuck in time playing NES and never moved with the times ... sigh!

Ok over exaggeration, but I do love my single player experience!!!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Luckily FO4 NV and FO4 Cascadia is being worked on!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Feel that way sometimes myself. Most of the time when I game it's cause I need a casual escape from the world in which I can relax away from social stress. When I want to do things with others I do them with others in the real world.

Why in the world would I need an MMORPG when I can have a much more satisfying and fun time playing a table top RPG with my friends for example?

Getting tired of forced interactions in my escapes from forced interactions.

Oh and "go, go, go" is anything but casual or relaxing. Another problem with multiplayer games.

edit on 5/31/2018 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Totally with you! it's my escape too, I want to sit and enjoy a great story or just some casual gameplay without distractions and people screaming down a mic into my ears!

we're a dying breed it seems!

Getting tired of forced interactions in my escapes from forced interactions.

Haha I absolutely love that quote!!! thanks for making me laugh

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
I'll wait for a real Fallout 5 or not at all. Sigh, so sick of everything turning into online multiplayer bull#.

We would have been waiting several more years for FO5 anyway, at this point we're more likely to see an Elder Scrolls 6 game before we see the next real installment of the Fallout franchise. So I'd much rather have something to fill that gap, it may not be quite as story driven or single player focused, but reliable sources are saying it will have a quest system and a story line and wont be a battle royale game. If it's more like Ark and has the same sort of detail in the crafting and building system it has the potential to be one of the best online games.

However after some thought I am strongly doubting it will be any type of massive multiplayer game because I don't really see how they could do it unless they're using a new engine which they created for Starfield, but I highly doubt that since it seems like this game has been in development since FO4 was released. Which leads me to believe it's actually some sort of co-op game where a small number of players can play together. Judging by the games title and the emphasis on vault 76 and sources claiming the game revolves around building, I'd say there's a good chance it will be something like Fallout Shelter 3D where you have to build and maintain a vault, with a single player and co-op mode.

I hope that's not the case though, don't get me wrong it could be cool especially if you're allowed to leave the vault to explore the wasteland, but I'd still prefer something more like an MMO. I love leveling up my characters and hoarding junk in Fallout, but there's always that feeling that it's so pointless because no one else in the world is real and your loot is worthless to everyone except you. There's no real challenge because AI is always limited, I think a Fallout world with real people running around and fighting over loot could be a very interesting thing because that's essentially what a real post-apocalyptic wasteland would be like.

Also I usually play Rust solo so it's not like you need to team up with people in these types of online survival games. But again I doubt it will be that type of game because it would be hard to incorporate quests and a story, which apparently Fallout 76 has. I'd much rather it be an online survival game but reason seems to indicate it's something more like The Sims Fallout Shelter edition. Either way there's probably going to be some disappointed people. However the Fallout 3 remake is still extremely likely since the Nintendo leak is proving to be valid so far.
edit on 31/5/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I don't mind MMORPG's, but otherwise like single player games, be it RPG, action, whatever. I don't like being forced to partner up with a squad do do things, I'm a solitary player and like it that way.

MMORPGs are a different beast, and I've been involved with guilds, as well as played these games solo

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Well it looks like Fallout 76 is essentially the online game I was hoping for but I know a lot of people aren't happy about that. Many seem worried that griefing will be a large problem but in interviews with Todd and Pete Hines we've learned that there are safe guards in place so people cannot continuously kill you and you wont even lose your stuff when you die. When they said it's more "soft-core" survival they meant it.

Me personally, I'm actually more worried it wont be hardcore enough. Quite frankly I don't see the point of making it an online survival game in the first place if death has no real consequences, I like that sense of fear you feel in a game like Rust when you see another person. Hopefully we'll get private modded servers sooner rather than later where the hardcore players such as myself can enjoy some true PvP with real consequences.

On another note, although I'm happy with the F76 announcement for the most part, there is something I'm still quite annoyed about. It appears they actually did make the F3 remake modders stop for no good reason because we've not yet seen anything official about a Fallout 3 remake. What particularly annoyed me was that during the E3 conference Todd said something like "we're celebrating an important anniversary, the 3rd anniversary of Fallout Shelter".

Uh I'm sorry Todd but how could you not show respect to the first Fallout game Bethesda created on its 10 anniversary... it was an absolutely perfect opportunity to offset some of the hate for F76 and fill in the gap before F76 comes out, while at the same time showing you support modders. In fact, in the recent Noclip doco about Bethesda, Matt Carofano, an art director at Bethesda, makes the following statement:

"The teams who will go and try to recreate one of our older games in the newer engine... that's like the biggest praise you could possibly get, is that people want to remake an entire game you worked on in the newer engine just because it'll be a little bit better and cooler and they want to see what they can do. I just think it's really awesome."

At the time I thought he was hinting at the idea Bethesda had acquired the fan made FO3 project, but seeing as Todd didn't even mention Fallout 3 at E3 that now seems extremely unlikely and my favorite game of all time will not get the remake it deserves on its 10th anniversary. I actually hope the FO3 modders are annoyed enough about F76 being online that they choose to continue working on it.

They probably chose not to put up any fight because they thought Bethesda would announce an official FO3 remake, but now that doesn't appear to be the case they may decide not to scrap all their hard work and figure out a way to make it happen. I really don't see why they couldn't just require you have to have FO3 as well as FO4 installed. There are really multiple ways they could legally release their mod and still give people a way to use the FO3 audio.
edit on 15/6/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Fallout 76 West Virginia Gameplay Video has been released today.

edit on 25-6-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join