It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Cancels "Roseanne" after Roseanne Barr's Racist Tweets.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: notquiteright
So was it the ape comment that did it? If so, why mention the Soros stuff? Cause you know, the Soros stuff was true. He bragged about it on air.

The "Soros" stuff was that Chelsea Clinton's married to one of his nephews.

She isn't.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
...dont drink and tweet.

Well, those four words about cover it.
She managed to lower the brow just a notch too far.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I will miss he show. It was refreshingly honest.

As far as the tweet goes? It was stupid, but I am not going to pretend to be upset or outraged. That is someone else’s thing not mine.

My feelings exactly Metallicus.

The show was funny regardless of where you fit along the political spectrum.

And I love anything with John Goodman in it. The man has that "pure comedy genius" thing going on. Even in a half-assed serious role like the bit part he played in "O Brother Where Art Thou". The man made for a very funny Cyclops..

But the show *was* funnier than most on TV and losing it hurts the viewers that enjoyed it.

ABC should have just said "The opinions expressed by any of the stars in our network's shows are those of the star and don't reflect, blah, blah, etc". Also "Grow up snowflakes!" would have been a nice addition to their statement.

Maybe someday....

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

dont drink and tweet.

Sage advice - and in only 4 words.

So what's the over/under on the next "celebrity" boneheaded tweet?

There seems to be an endless supply of idiocy out there...

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
TPTB threatened her and forced her into Tweeting.

Retaliation.

They are desperate.

ABC backfire.

Watch what happens later this week.

🚬🥁

What?!?

What's the scoop xuenchen?

Inquiring minds want to know...

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

I *love* this quote!!

Thanks for the reminder, Kharron!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

It was only a joke after people started a firestorm of criticism over it. THEN she comes back and says, "oh. It's a joke."

If there'd only been a few howls of outrage, she would have upped the ante, because she felt safe.

It's fair to say that Roseanne brought this on herself and it was her own stupidity that led to this.

It's also fair to point out the entertainment industry is devolving into an echo chamber for Progressives and anyone not in lockstep is likely to be driven out. Free speech is becoming a casualty of partisan hate.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

So was it the ape comment that did it? If so, why mention the Soros stuff? Cause you know, the Soros stuff was true. He bragged about it on air.

She isn't.

Roseanne said that Chelsea Clinton was married to George Soro's nephew?

I didn't know that. Source of quote? Tweet, interview, etc?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: BlueJacket
...dont drink and tweet.

Well, those four words about cover it.
She managed to lower the brow just a notch too far.

Don't you hate it when that happens?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It's working great. Deepening the divide, cementing it. And when the whites have had enough, money will do the talking. The other side has no real substance. just an opinion...

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This will hurt ABC financially. Pick a product advertised on ABC, and send an email to that company stating that as long as they advertise on ABC you will not buy the product.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

I notice ABC didn't cancel Keith Olbermann for his violent, foul-mouthed tweet! Is that in line with their Disney values!!? Then fire Olbermann too.!!!!!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

As a liberal.....I cannot STAND the Clinton's or Obama's and happen to like Trump as our leader......but when people like Roseanne Tweet something, it better be factual especially when it's less than positive.

Her remark about Chelsea being a Soro was a lie. Period. (Now had she said Chelsea is probably a Hubbell that wouldn't have been deemed a lie but rather a strong opinion!!)

Roseanne is just unstable and for the life of me I did not see what people saw in this revised show. It sucked. It had canned laughter ffs and every other line was a punch line/joke. It was tremendously forced. I found it literally uncomfortable to watch.

Good riddance Roseanne.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Some other network or cable network will pick RoseAnne up and will make boatloads of money off of Disneys' misstep.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
LOL

Best part is at one point people thought of Roseanne as some type of bastion of uhhh uhh hahahahaha.

ymmv

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

That hilarious, haha, what a tool himself.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I've never found her funny. And she is an adult so she's responsible for her comments. And in this case she cost several washed up actors and actresses their jobs because she was on some power trip. However I do wonder if she had not chosen VJ would people still act the same way? Because I do think part of the decision Robert Iger was based on him being friends with her.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

She isn't.

Roseanne apologized for the mistake, after Chelsea pointed that out to her. If people don't like her they don't have to go to her twitter account or watch her show.

I never saw her show or watch TV. Their are other actors and technicians that work on the show. Their show shouldn't be cancelled just because Roseanne likes to exercise her right to free speech. This censorship is dangerous tyranny and needs to go.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Ah ok. I saw the Soros-Nazi related tweet

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

What percentage of black would Bush have to be for people to offended for him of the camparissons to a monkey?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join