It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Cancels "Roseanne" after Roseanne Barr's Racist Tweets.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

ABC has pulled the plug on “Roseanne” following a series of racist, anti-Semitic tweets fired off Tuesday by the show’s creator, Roseanne Barr.

“Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values and we have decided to cancel her show,” the network said in a statement Tuesday.

The decision comes after Barr compared former Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett to the “Planet of the Apes” in a series of bizarre tweets that also targeted Chelsea Clinton and ​billionaire ​George Soros.

ABC Cancels "Roseanne" after Roseanne Barr's Racist Tweets.

LOL!!

You truly can't make this sh#t up!!

Roseanne's tweets compared Valerie Jarrett to an ape from the movie "Planet of the Apes".

I kid you not - read the article...

...and I guess that falls into the category of "That's Entertainment". It is entertaining to watch unfold though...like a car wreck involving a clown car and and old time Paddy wagon would be entertaining.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

umm, Roseanne is Jewish, soooo anti semetic? really? They just cant handle its success and appeal to middle and middle right.

eta, the ape comment, pretty stupid...dont drink and tweet.
edit on 29-5-2018 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
So a 'black' female comedian can roast the hell out of the sitting president and gets a walk on of every talk show there is. Roseanne Barr, a 'white' female comedian does similar and she loses her show.

See where is the racial bias is here?

edit on Maypm31pmf0000002018-05-29T13:32:07-05:000107 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I only watched one of those shows, I thought it was ok. The media and Hollywood made it into the pancea of sitcoms. It isn't that great as they say. I suppose their audience was going down so they made up something to justify shutting it down, something people will praise the company for. Rosanne is an actor, the tweet may be part of an act. I do not know this for sure, only throw it out as a possibility.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I will miss he show. It was refreshingly honest.

As far as the tweet goes? It was stupid, but I am not going to pretend to be upset or outraged. That is someone else’s thing not mine.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
So a 'black' female comedian can roast the hell out of the sitting president and gets a walk on of every talk show there is. Roseanne Barr, a 'white' female comedian does similar and she loses her show.

See where is the racial bias is here?

This is how it has always been.

Artificial power.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think it was canceled all along. Because I can't be the only one who (likes Trumps) and felt her show sucked!!!! It was not funny at all.

Roseanne requires a lot of attention and I will guarantee 3/4 of her political thoughts are not hers but her boyfriend, Johnny Argent who is extremely bright and well informed.

Roseanne is not bright. She's brass and constantly refers back to her notes when speaking.

And I would think someone of her 'caliber' who is sitting on millions would just go off and retire peacefully. But she needs attention. Even bad attention..... is still attention to her.

I think her show was cancelled all along or at least was NOT picked up for a second season like rumored and this was the official reason ( 'crescendo' ) given.

Roseanne is not authentic and Trump does NOT need someone like her.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Humans have been reduced to spineless jelly cakes that are offended by everything and everyone.
The easiest thing to do.. is to stay quiet, while the world around us slowly crumbles..
But hay.. I could be worse.. or does, who knows.
The voices of the free spirited are silenced, and the voice of many rule.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
They don't want someone that isn't a nut job leftist staring in a mainstream television show.

If they don't put the show back on I'm boycotting ABC. ABC is one of the enemies of freedom. The hell with ABC and their censorship.

She told the truth and said George Soros was a Nazi. Soros helped the Nazi's confiscate the Jews property during WW2.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

If ABC cared about Roseanne being a Trump supporter they never would have aired her show to begin with. She was a right-wing Trump supporter in the show. Don't be stupid, she basically canceled her own show with her stupidity.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
TPTB threatened her and forced her into Tweeting.

Retaliation.

They are desperate.

ABC backfire.

Watch what happens later this week.

🚬🥁

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Their strategy backfired.

Too many complaints from viewers that hate her.

😲

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
But this was only a joke.. a roast... surely liberals can take a joke?
Right?
Right??

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh whatever xue. It was one of the highest rated shows on TV.
edit on 5/29/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This was her best work.

Best vehicle for her, it was her honest self and I knew what I was getting.

N V T S nutz😁

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh whatever xue. It was one of the highest rated stress in TV.

That was the backfire.

They're desperate.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

edit on 29-5-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This must be white privilege.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So was it the ape comment that did it? If so, why mention the Soros stuff? Cause you know, the Soros stuff was true. He bragged about it on air.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
But this was only a joke.. a roast... surely liberals can take a joke?
Right?
Right??

It was only a joke after people started a firestorm of criticism over it. THEN she comes back and says, "oh. It's a joke."

If there'd only been a few howls of outrage, she would have upped the ante, because she felt safe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join