It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
It looks like ABC is testing the waters....and according to the comments, no one is buying into it!

'Roseanne' becomes 'Darlene'? ABC reportedly considering reboot around Sara Gilbert

www.yahoo.com...

In my opinion, besides the fact that most people only tuned in to watch Roseanne anyway, placing Sara Gilbert in the lead would be a huge disaster considering how bad she threw Roseanne under the bus on this issue. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that Sara Gilbert ruined her chances of this happening more than anyone.

I'd say the first show would get huge ratings as everyone would tune in to see how they removed Roseanne from the show. Would they have her die or divorce and left city. Just the wrighters keeping that secret would guarantee a huge audience. And if it's funny people will continue to watch

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

ive not read any of those people say they think it was racist.

john goodmans big comment was "i wasnt gonna win an emmy anyway"

ooohhhhh....

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
I see people arguing but I think the easiest answer to if this was a racist comment comes from the people that knew her.

The staff of the show made statements about what she said and how racist the comment was. These people worked with her and know her and they believe she's racist.

Please. I'd say look at Roseanne's record if you want a true picture of Roseanne....not some "easy" way to decide she is a racist:

• Sued for posting George Zimmerman's parent's address online because she wanted "justice for Trayvon."
• Years as a regular on Politically Incorrect speaking out against racism.
• Proud godmother to her black godson, EJ.
• Creator of one of the most diverse and inclusive shows on television (the Roseanne reboot).

Roseanne is not defined by a single comment nor by other people's opinions. She's defined by the totality of her life. Neither your opinion nor anyone else's are a true reflection of what's in Roseanne's heart.

Roseanne's life says she is not a racist.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: dragonridr

ive not read any of those people say they think it was racist.

john goodmans big comment was "i wasnt gonna win an emmy anyway"

ooohhhhh....

Was that his big comment? I thought it was “I'd Rather Say Nothing Than To Cause More Trouble”. When he asked if he was upset about not being able to win an Emmy because of the cancellation he said "i wasnt gonna win an emmy anyway".

Wanda Sykes and Emma Kenney both quit because of Roseanne's racist comment. If it wasn't racist, what was it? Why can't Wanda Sykes take a joke?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

If it wasn't racist, what was it?

It was true.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It was true.

Really? Valerie Jarret is part "planet of the apes" ape? That's truth? Valerie Jarret is Muslim and a member of the Muslim Brotherhood? That's truth?

You know this truth how?

edit on 2-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It was true.

Really? Valerie Jarret is part "planet of the apes" ape? That's truth? Valerie Jarret is Muslim and a member of the Muslim Brotherhood? That's truth?

You know this truth how?

She looks exactly like a character from planet of the apes. I’m not aware of Jarrett’s connections to the Muslim Brotherhood, however. It’s not racist, though.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

She looks exactly like a character from planet of the apes.

Pretty odd for her not to say that yet, doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

Pretty odd for her not to say that yet, doesn't it?

Yeah I don’t think Rosanne should have capitulated and grovelled in front of the politically correct. She should have stuck by her tweet.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

She should have stuck by her tweet.

Nah. She got enough attention and she's satisfied with it.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

She should have stuck by her tweet.

Nah. She got enough attention and she's satisfied with it.

What never gets enough attention is the pearl-clutching and couch-fainting of the politically correct, as they band together with corporate forces to ruin a life.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Ruin a life? LOL! Roseanne is rich.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

She was fired and dragged through the mud as a racist. It happens to the unwealthy as well.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

She was fired and dragged through the mud as a racist. It happens to the unwealthy as well.

She has no one to blame but herself.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

She did nothing wrong. We can rightfully blame the public relations culture of the politically correct for giving us a world where someone can get fired for a bloody tweet.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

No she doesn't!

Perhaps, if you squint real hard, she may bear a resemblance to the 100% human woman who played an ape in the movie Planet of the Apes, Helena Bonham Carter.

I’m not aware of Jarrett’s connections to the Muslim Brotherhood, however.

Then why did you say it was true?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

She did nothing wrong. We can rightfully blame the public relations culture of the politically correct for giving us a world where someone can get fired for a bloody tweet.

Doesn't matter if she did nothing wrong. She KNEW the reactions and possible cancellation would happen. That is her own fault. You are not immune from your employer firing you.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Yeah she looks just like Carter’s character. She doesn’t look African American, and I assume Rosanne didn’t think so either.

I remember that Valarie Jarrett met with CAIR during Obama’s presidency. CAIR has been accused of being a front for the Muslim Brotherhood.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Doesn't matter if she did nothing wrong. She KNEW the reactions and possible cancellation would happen. That is her own fault. You are not immune from your employer firing you.

It does matter if she did something wrong or not. It’s called justice.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

It does matter if she did something wrong or not. It’s called justice.

Why are we talking about justice? Roseanne risked the consequences. That's on her.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join