It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
RACISM ALERT!
Diamond & Silk are making Banana Pudding on FOX & Friends' cooking segment this morning!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
RACISM ALERT!
Diamond & Silk are making Banana Pudding on FOX & Friends' cooking segment this morning!

My sources tell me that as a result of the broadcast, ABC has announced that they have canceled Fox & Friends.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I guess VJ "self identifies" as a black person and feels offended?
Perhaps Trump should try this when they call him an Orangutan.
Neither are black and VJ does look a lot like the female actress on The Planet of the Apes in full makeup.
They are grasping at straws. Throwing # like monkeys and hoping something sticks.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: IAMTAT
RACISM ALERT!

My sources tell me that as a result of the broadcast, ABC has announced that they have canceled Fox & Friends.

Then, I would say FOX & Friends got their Just Desserts!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

The thing is if you are even going to consider such punitive actions against people for stuff like this their past actions, behavior, and historical stance on the issue in question absolutely SHOULD be considered too.

And therein lies the issue with the Roseanne thing!

The woman has proven where she stands on these issues very clearly long long ago...

If someone had actually responded to the tweet and been like, hey Rosy ... I know you didn't mean it that way but reread what you just posted...

She'd have been like oh F*** goddamn Ambien!!!

AND FIXED IT / otherwise made it clear that it wasn't meant in a racist or bigoted connotation etc etc.

.... It used to be that someone like Wanda Sykes would have been the person to make that call rather than rage quitting and basically calling someone she's had a friendship or at least peer relationship with for more than a decade a racist ass no good white trash cracker over ONE COMMENT!!

Pay careful attention to this one people and really take the time to sit and think about what you hear from involved parties etc...

Then import a similar scenario into your own life, and really try to justify the behavior of all the people around Roseanne who very actively threw her under the bus.

People sneer at the stupidity of our ancestors for the Salem witch trials and McCarthy's red scare, but we are honestly in the path to something much worse than either of those or even the insanity of Robespierre and the French revolution!

And yes... All you people out there who are perfectly happy about all of this because it's your side doing all the shaming and executing...

Skip to the end of the wiki on Robespierre.

You really really need to do this!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Patton Oswald tweeted this.

“We must build a world where everyone is treated with equal respect and opportunity, no matter their race, creed or sexual orientation.”

— David Duke tweeting on Ambien

LOL.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I am not sure this has to do wholey with Roseanne's tweet as much as Wanda Sykes Quitting over it. Wanda has a very big anti POTUS stance. My gut feeling is based on the fact these sort of tweets are not new to Rosanne, only diff is Wanda quitting this time. IMO

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

But should it be called out anymore than Joy Reid or Michael (Michele?) Wolffe? Of course not. And neither of them got anything other than nasty-grams on the Internet. Yet Roseanne loses her show/job?

I personally agree with her statement RE: VJ's "Smokey Eye" and resemblance to our long-lost ancestors. It isn't "racist" because the human race did indeed evolve from primates (at least science says so). Recognizing the fact she more-closely resembles these ancestors than the rest of us is certainly not racist - it is realist.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

Yeah, ambien is pretty nasty stuff. I've heard of folks doing FAR WORSE while taking the "sleep aid" (aka highly addictive psychotropic drugs they pump every one full of these days)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Will you stop! the association with black folks is racist A.F , should she be able to make a racially insensitive joke, yes! she is a comedian.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

And the n word is just a word used to describe color or a river in Africa.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Wait.

"MB + VJ = Planet of the Apes"

Rosanne never compared anyone's looks, her Tweet is about the PLOT to Planet of the Apes.

It's pure genius. Everyone overreacted and jumped to the wrong conclusion, which is a racist act in itself.

No, it's a WARNING that is 111% accurate.

omg.

edit on 31-5-2018 by FlyingFox because: edit

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
VJ is coming out with a book (surprise surprise) in 2019. She wants to include her personal history and activism along with ideas about leadership. That personal history will be a bit of "fiction", no doubt.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
VJ is coming out with a book (surprise surprise) in 2019. She wants to include her personal history and activism along with ideas about leadership. That personal history will be a bit of "fiction", no doubt.

So that was the plan all along?
LMAO!

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Wait.

"MB + VJ = Planet of the Apes"

Rosanne never compared anyone's looks, her Tweet is about the PLOT to Planet of the Apes.

It's pure genius. Everyone overreacted and jumped to the wrong conclusion, which is a racist act in itself.

No, it's a WARNING that is 111% accurate.

omg.

I think Valarie Jarrett look more like Rosanne Barr than anyone else. THats the hilarious part about all this. Oh well, it gives illiberal and corporate forces a chance to align to to collect one more scalp.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Oh great now we will get to read about how white america has always looked past her white skin tone in an effort to make sure she has no privilege.

Oh well she will be in jail by then anyhow.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

And the n word is just a word used to describe color or a river in Africa.

No the " N word" is a slang derivative of the word Negro which in turn is a derivative of the word Niger , a name for that famous river, which according to Bernal is a west Semitic word meaning water that flows into sand, the folks that lived around that river got that name applied to them, and because they were black ,it became symbolic of Black people west of the Nile and their descendants.

Among some of the earliest individuals, with that ethnic tag, is the Biblical
Simeon Niger.
a prophet and early Christian teacher.

A General of Alexander's army
Clitus Niger and close companion

One of three Roman Generals fighting over who gets to be emperor of Rome.
Pescennius Niger. aka the black.

A North African
Septimius Severus.

A man from Hispania
Clodius Albinus aka the white .
All seemed to be multi mixed despite their ethnic names.

Back to the group called Niger, it is written of them, that they raided the coastal cities of North Africa from the interior on four horse chariots, they being the people of the river Niger.

edit on 2-6-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I see people arguing but I think the easiest answer to if this was a racist comment comes from the people that knew her.

The staff of the show made statements about what she said and how racist the comment was. These people worked with her and know her and they believe she's racist.

sara gilbert

@THEsaragilbert
Roseanne’s recent comments about Valerie Jarrett, and so much more, are abhorrent and do not reflect the beliefs of our cast and crew or anyone associated with our show. I am disappointed in her actions to say the least.

12:21 PM - May 29, 2018

deadline.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
It looks like ABC is testing the waters....and according to the comments, no one is buying into it!

'Roseanne' becomes 'Darlene'? ABC reportedly considering reboot around Sara Gilbert

www.yahoo.com...

In my opinion, besides the fact that most people only tuned in to watch Roseanne anyway, placing Sara Gilbert in the lead would be a huge disaster considering how bad she threw Roseanne under the bus on this issue. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that Sara Gilbert ruined her chances of this happening more than anyone.

edit on 2-6-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The staff of the show made statements about what she said and how racist the comment was. These people worked with her and know her and they believe she's racist.

Except that all leftists believe that Trump supporters are racist no matter how well they know them. People like Sara Gilbert are offended over everything.

edit on 2-6-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join