It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
I have a very strong feeling that some posters on this board are not here because of their interest in conspiracies and the like.

Almost like they getting paid to push forth an agenda.

Bots if you will.

I have to honestly wonder if people really believe the BS thy post.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Someone here said that Wanda Sykes are friends. Don't know if that's true.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Sorry, but he has a point.

You and I as women don't get to hate on him which is basically what you did when you attempted to shut him down by calling him out solely over his race and gender and telling him he doesn't get an opinion on this because of it.

I think you need to toughen up, Buttercup.

You don't get to insulate yourself from opinions you don't like by erecting some mythical man-shield anymore than I do.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

White people have not really experienced racism except possibility in Japan and Africa or whatever. Asians, Mexicans and black people have. That's basically the sore spot here.

Presuming my experience...thats pretty ridiculous. When you are dirt poor, its not like you are isolated from non-caucasians with an axe to grind against your still hardening skull. Its not like the boys club was full of well mannered youths from the right side of the track. Its not like I didn't live in the same crappy housing with the same single mom with a child that all my non-caucasian friends did.

Whatever.
I don't blame you for your broad brush. Just be careful...it could be wielded against you one day, too.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: Grambler

Valerie Jarrett does look like planet of the apes character. I’m sure they have been looking for a reason to fire her anyways is what it looks like.

The left is cheering for abc firing Roseanne not because they really give two damms about racism, just because they loathe trump supporters.

Trump should come out and say he supports the decision to fire Roseanne and then watch the libtards turn around and defend her.

That would be some 5d chess on the Pesident's part!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

If I did paint with a broad brush then I apologize. I didn't mean to. I'm just talking in general about minorities here in America going through it.
Just wanting to explain the perspective. If you've experienced hardship then people calling you names can be hard. If you haven't experienced that then it's no skin off the nose. Like calling abuse victims names will hurt them for example.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Growing up poor in the US whatever your color will simulate what many attribute to a uniquely minority experience which is something sort of racist in and of itself ... as if white folks can't and don't grow up dirt poor and poverty has nothing to do with how your get treated by others.

I was there as a kid, and while I can't say I was ever specifically denigrated due to race, a lot of other things usually assigned to minority experience I did experience because I grew up poor.
edit on 30-5-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Take heart in the fact that while schlepps like us were living paycheck to paycheck in communities where anglos were a minority and treated as such, there were wealthy white people in major cities lighting their cigars and sipping their cognac in opulence, not worrying in any way about being hated on (albeit alongside wealthy black, Asian, and Latino businessmen, celebrities, and athletes who were equally unyoked with concerns of being hated on... not because of race, but because they all had the same color in their wallets.) So it would seem that we're supposed to not only take it, but self loathe and ask for another kick to the ass each time because a larger percentage of the overall minority population was stuck in the same cess pit we all were in. OMG, OMG, those poor people who had to deal with the same horsecrap we were dealing with, what heartless monsters my people must be to have allowed such a thing, woe, woe, woe to us all. :sarcastic give-a-damn off:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

White people have not really experienced racism except possibility in Japan and Africa or whatever. Asians, Mexicans and black people have. That's basically the sore spot here.

What a load of BS.

So basically every race in the world except whites?

Whites run the world. Everyone knows that. lol!

Think there are many POC in the Illuminati or TPTB?

Maybe an asian is in there, they are devious villains as we've all seen in the movies.

Seems counterintuitive that they would want to demonize white people.

Unless that whole paradigm is wrong?

edit on 5 30 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

My grandfather immigrated as Romani. Gypsies werent treated so kindly in Europe. Or id have been born over there instead.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

If I did paint with a broad brush then I apologize. I didn't mean to. I'm just talking in general about minorities here in America going through it.
Just wanting to explain the perspective. If you've experienced hardship then people calling you names can be hard. If you haven't experienced that then it's no skin off the nose. Like calling abuse victims names will hurt them for example.

Well, by definition "talking in general" is the act of painting with a broad brush, so there's that.

As to the "If you've experienced hardship then people calling you names can be hard" you seem to be missing BFFT's point. No, being called names isn't "hard," it's simply motivation. Fire hardens steel and all we seem to be doing is trying to spray extingusihers on the fires to rescue the pieces of steel that should be taking that fire, embracing it, and letting it harden them into the tools that will build this world moving forward. Instead, by putting out the fires and focusing on "saving" people from issues that aren't tangibly causing harm, all we're doing is pumping out weak, thin skinned wilted flowers who lack the strength and spines to deal with real world problems. Someone calling me a cracker isn't a real world problem anymore than someone calling a black guy an n bomb is a real world problem. Any harm caused is harm the listener is allowing to happen internally and any power granted the slur is granted by the receiver. That's the point.

"Racism" when it is confined to words is powerless and shouldn't even be close to the huge uproar it presently is. Actions are a different animal, but words? Give me a break... words don't mean snip, man.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

My grandfather immigrated as Romani. Gypsies werent treated so kindly in Europe. Or id have been born over there instead.

Hmm... the fact that the treatment resulted in more Texans angers me against those European rat bastards who mistreated the Gypsies.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

It all starts with "white people". Which ones? Im mostly hungarian/romani. Also a bit if german. Amd cherokee....im american afterall.

So what white person am i? Is it different than russian? Egyptian?

"White male" is, itself, racist. But no one sweats it. The gypsies and irish are just presumed privileged

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Actions are a different animal, but words? Give me a break... words don't mean snip, man.

I agree. Les would agree too. LOL. Words mean nothing. But it does seem to have effect on certain people. For example the cyberbulling on social media result in teenagers committing suicide. Like that girl Michelle Carter. Words mean nothing. Pfft.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Actions are a different animal, but words? Give me a break... words don't mean snip, man.

I agree. Les would agree too. LOL. Words mean nothing. But it does seem to have effect on certain people. For example the cyberbulling on social media result in teenagers committing suicide. Like that girl Michelle Carter. Words mean nothing. Pfft.

Words mean things. But they do not choose how people should act. That’s just simple physics and biology.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Words mean things. But they do not choose how people should act. That’s just simple physics and biology.

That's what we meant.

What is undeniable is that words DO seem to have effect on certain people, even to the point of suicide. So it might be simple biology.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

That's what we meant.

What is undeniable is that words DO seem to have effect on certain people, even to the point of suicide. So it might be simple biology.

Words are the effects of biology, not the causes of them. Common sense.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Crazy how a racist rant is less offensive to these people than someone taking a knee.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DarhkTruth

And how many football players have been summarily fired?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Words effect brain and the nervous system, causing networks to develop. I know I'm going off topic but we need to be aware that what we say can effect behaviors in others. No different from yelling fire in a crowded theater. You can either ignore it or run for the hills.

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join