It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: TinySickTears

That makes me very uneasy.

No one knows Chappelle or Barr well enough to decipher intentions....

Its pretty obvious to me that people have opinions, but media galvinizes and weaponizes those opinions.

or we could actually listen to her and go by her past
saying crazy # in bad taste does not make a racist

variety.com...

I'm not a racist, I never was & I never will be. One stupid joke in a lifetime of fighting 4 civil rights 4 all minorities, against networks, studios, at the expense of my nervous system/family/wealth will NEVER b taken from me.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
It seems like they could have found a lesser punishment

Well, there's a huge part of the problem. Parents "punish" disobedient children. Once someone reaches adulthood, the only time "punishment" should be a thing others carry out is when the adult violates the law. Let's say Roseanne had actually said something racist, as in for reals yo, not in some victimhood sufferer or their apologists' minds, but really said something racist... it's not against the law, so no, no "punishment" is on the table for anyone to lay down against the person. Consequences.... OK, retaliation... well, that would be calling it what it actually is... but punishment? GTFO of here with that ridiculousness. So far we've seen the middle aged "victim" talked about like a child who needed protection, now the middle aged woman who made the tweet is being referred to essentially as a child who should be punished. What the hell happened to the idea of adults being able to discuss adult matters without wave after wave of hystrionic butthurt, infantile bitch and whine over the hurtfulness of words, and calls for "punishment" of issues not even remotely criminal? Anyone who was actually hurt by the woman's words, I worry about. My God, if a butterfly landed on their skin they'd probably bleed out from the huge gashes the insect's little feet leave in their Kleenex like skin.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I had to ask (and get ignored) at least a dozen times before Googling to find out Jarretts ethnicity. Prior to this happening I saw a photo that looked as much like the Planet of the Apes character as Christian Lautner looking like an alpaca.

I thought what Roseanne said was funny. I don't see it as racist. She has black grandchildren, and has never (in the decades we have had her in the public spotlight) said or done anything that would lead me to believe she is racist. And even if she is...so what? She's long been provocative, and she's long been crazy.

Chappelle...funniest guy on Earth right now.

But Roseanne, despite a very long and detailed history to the contrary, is now facing the penalty of speaking out against DJT. There was no shortage of people with influence ready to deride her, flying in the face of her own personal history. And the poor, stupid public....can't see through that.

edit on 5/30/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Can someone explain why Valerie Jarrett had her own full Secret Service detail (5?)?
Isn't this unprecedented for someone in her position?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If it wasn't for double standards the left would have no standards at all.

Why aren't you lefty's calling these people out?
All I hear is crickets. HYPOCRITES!

Bill comparing Trump to an Orangutan

Jimmy Kimmel mocking black athletes

edit on 30-5-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If the parallel universe theory is correct and there are infinite universes, each experiencing the same reality we are, only with various differences and role reversals, just think... somewhere out there, say on Earth 3,894,933, Ari the ape has just been extraordinarily insulted by a comedian simian actress comparing her to the the product of the Brotherhood of Islam and Planet of the Iranian American's character, Valerie Jarrett.

Let that one sink in for a moment while we all ponder how effing ridiculous this manufactured outrage and copious amount of histrionics really is.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It really is extremely disturbing that people think it's ok to "punish" adults for WORDS, especially in such a regressionist code of Hammurabi different spanks for different "ranks" way!

And that they aren't seeing exactly how fast and how far this is going somewhere they aren't going to like.

Did these people not read animal farm and Pygmalion growing up?

Because we know where this leads...

The ghost of Pol Pot is laughing evilly somewhere right now....
edit on 30-5-2018 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Jimmy Kimmel might have gone too far with that one. Remember the outrage over Ted Danson wearing blackface?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

i consider myself left and i think they were both funny comments

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

Jimmy Kimmel might have gone too far with that one. Remember the outrage over Ted Danson wearing blackface?

yeah.
more double standard bull#

he may have gone too far

but

grosses 113 million dollars

en.wikipedia.org...

his was a skit or a commercial??
lampooned for it

a major movie set out by a major studio though...
# it

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm really surprised that nobody has mentioned Roseanne Barr is a Leftist Progressive (forgive me if I missed the comment).

She ran for President in the Green Party.

Roseanne Barr seeks Green Party presidential spot

www.sfgate.com...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yeah it has been mentioned a few times. Which makes the claim that she's a Trump supporter more hilarious.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
tropic thunder wound up grossing a lot but the studio and robert downey took a LOT of # for this one

is the picture becoming clear yet on what is acceptable?

edit on 30-5-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Yeah it has been mentioned a few times. Which makes the claim that she's a Trump supporter more hilarious.

Very 'Andy Kaufman' of her.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Very 'Andy Kaufman' of her.

Good comparison. RIP.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I googled "ron perlman looks like gorilla". I got 120,000 hits.

NOBODY would EVER shout about such a statement being racist.

Just saying.

Ron Perlman looks no more like a gorilla than Valerie Jarret looks like Helena Bonham Carter in that Wahlberg movie.

A certain resemblance in both cases, but no need to start DNA testing.

Roseanne Barr was utterly stupid - did she think it was a "smart move" to tweet that? She must have studied by the same University of Stupid as Kathy Griffin.

Is ANYTHING directed towards women in general, and muslims in particular racist?

(That first part would of course prove that the whole "racist" thing is even more outrageously misused than "metoo", since believe it or not, women are the same race as men.)

Or is there just a need to "make a point" out of a prominent Trump supporter?

I get the feeling she's just a "sacrificial lamb".
edit on 30-5-2018 by Uberdoubter because: Typo.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: angeldoll

VJ deserves zero respect from the american people.

She is a traitor for her acts in government.

She will go to prison.

Explanation with sources cited please.

hahaha

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

It seems like they could have found a lesser punishment, come to think of it, considering so many people lost their jobs.

Maybe have RoseAnne go to prison for six months for some reason, and write her out of the script for that period of time.
I'm sure John Goodman, et al, could have produced a pretty good show.

any continuation of that show without her is going to suck ass. bottom line

i know some people are saying they want the show to go on without her but it will be a different show.

maybe they will try but it will flop.
some people/characters can not be replaced

cant have roseanne without roseanne

Meh. I never watched a single episode. Don't really care.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Never go full retard.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It seems like they could have found a lesser punishment

Well, there's a huge part of the problem. Parents "punish" disobedient children. Once someone reaches adulthood, the only time "punishment" should be a thing others carry out is when the adult violates the law. Let's say Roseanne had actually said something racist, as in for reals yo, not in some victimhood sufferer or their apologists' minds, but really said something racist... it's not against the law, so no, no "punishment" is on the table for anyone to lay down against the person. Consequences.... OK, retaliation... well, that would be calling it what it actually is... but punishment? GTFO of here with that ridiculousness. So far we've seen the middle aged "victim" talked about like a child who needed protection, now the middle aged woman who made the tweet is being referred to essentially as a child who should be punished. What the hell happened to the idea of adults being able to discuss adult matters without wave after wave of hystrionic butthurt, infantile bitch and whine over the hurtfulness of words, and calls for "punishment" of issues not even remotely criminal? Anyone who was actually hurt by the woman's words, I worry about. My God, if a butterfly landed on their skin they'd probably bleed out from the huge gashes the insect's little feet leave in their Kleenex like skin.

Yeah well. Talk to me when you're not a white male. I will, however, take your advice and GTFO of here.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join