It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Many of which could very well lead to someone making a uncharacteristic lapse in judgement and even share an opinion they don't normally harbor. That said, I think the Ambien excuse was needless BS... Roseanne needs to quit apologizing over the mocked up outrage of others and go into attack mode instead of defensive mode.

weve been on the same page in this thread. my answer about kids was the same as yours as far as how to handle it.

i wish she would not have apologized for it.

very curious as to what she is going to say on rogan.

i also wonder how much of the context(if thats the right word) was lost cause its a tweet.

you can really only read it one way. if she would say that same comment on stage or on rogan for example we could see her expression and hear her inflections. could come across as totally different.

still. people need to quit being babies about this #

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Many of which could very well lead to someone making a uncharacteristic lapse in judgement and even share an opinion they don't normally harbor. That said, I think the Ambien excuse was needless BS... Roseanne needs to quit apologizing over the mocked up outrage of others and go into attack mode instead of defensive mode.

I'm not sure "attack mode" is working for Roseann anymore. Maybe she will learn from her mistakes, and this one was big enough to cost not only her job, but many others as well.

She was so funny when she talked about women. My favorites:

"If those kids are still alive when my husband gets home, I've done my job".

and "I'll clean the house when they invent a riding vacuum cleaner with a wet bar".

"People are always asking me "where's my blue shirt, where's my teddy bear, where's my hammer".
They obviously think the uterus is a seek and search device.

Those days are gone. Buh bye hateful lady. Maybe she will learn to be more respectful of others. You know, life lessons.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It seems like they could have found a lesser punishment, come to think of it, considering so many people lost their jobs.

Maybe have RoseAnne go to prison for six months for some reason, and write her out of the script for that period of time.
I'm sure John Goodman, et al, could have produced a pretty good show.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I'm not sure "attack mode" is working for Roseann anymore. Maybe she will learn from her mistakes, and this one was big enough to cost not only her job, but many others as well.

way too early to tell.
this # just happened a couple days ago.

i still say she is going to be back and more popular as ever.
just like imus did
just like sheen did
and on and on

i bet another network or netflix will pick her up..

edit on 30-5-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

It seems like they could have found a lesser punishment, come to think of it, considering so many people lost their jobs.

Maybe have RoseAnne go to prison for six months for some reason, and write her out of the script for that period of time.
I'm sure John Goodman, et al, could have produced a pretty good show.

any continuation of that show without her is going to suck ass. bottom line

i know some people are saying they want the show to go on without her but it will be a different show.

maybe they will try but it will flop.
some people/characters can not be replaced

cant have roseanne without roseanne

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

VJ deserves zero respect from the american people.

She is a traitor for her acts in government.

She will go to prison.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

She will go to prison.

#ing racist.
so since she is black she has to go to prison?

bwuahahahahahahaah

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

way too early to tell.
this # just happened a couple days ago.

i still say she is going to be back and more popular as ever.
just like imus did
just like sheen did
and on and on

i bet another network or netflix will pick her up..

lol
sheen as in charlie
as in rapist and aids spreader that still has his shows on the air
people think comparing vj to an ape she looks like is worse then raping a boy and covering it up for decades and then admitting to it along with the fact he has aids.

that piece of crap stays on tv but roseanne can not?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Those lists are scary. I asked my doctor about the list on a prescription he had given me and he said those are what the manufacturer feels could be potential side effects and that they list them to avoid lawsuits. He said ninety nine percent of them never occur.
I'd think anything that is associated with being sleepy would be a good candidate for a side effect of a sleep aid.
tiredness slowing of mental and physical activity, daytime drowsiness.
I even get the one about eye redness and kids often get itichy ears when they are sleepy. ( dont ask me I have no idea why)
But chills, bloody noses, sore throats? Binge eating?
IDK
When I cant sleep I read a book. Best sleep aid ever invented.

link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

lol
sheen as in charlie
as in rapist and aids spreader that still has his shows on the air
people think comparing vj to an ape she looks like is worse then raping a boy and covering it up for decades and then admitting to it along with the fact he has aids.

that piece of crap stays on tv but roseanne can not?

yup.
mr tiger blood himself

calls chuck lorrie a hymie. everyone is so offended and disgusted. he loses his show. has a meltdown. catches the aids.
then gets a new show and starts killing it all over again.
i dont get it

roseanne is so terrible cause she made a comment that some people choose to get offended by.

how many 'artists'(as in musicians, actors and hey lets add sports figures in) have serious issues
gun charges
attempted murder charges
animal fighting
domestic violence
etc etc

as in real #. people still dig them though. theyre still selling out stadiums and sports venues

roseanne types like 25 words and she is the #ing devil?

smells like bull# to me

link   

OK, I don't like what she said at all, but the moment we start throwing people in jail for the things they say, this country ceases to be the US.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...'s_basketball_controversy

makes a comment*
gets pulled from the air.
1 year later back on the air for 7 more years

hahahahahaah

the comment still gets me

"theyre some nappy headed hoes"

and theyre so pissed cause he called them nappy headed. none of them said # about being called a ho.
for that reason alone i was not buying theyre or anyone elses offense to what he said

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

OK, I don't like what she said at all, but the moment we start throwing people in jail for the things they say, this country ceases to be the US.

agree

the reality is it depends on who is saying it and who they are saying it about.

cause if chapelle or some other black comic would have made the same comment about the same person this would be a non issue and we all know it

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I found that one funny too considering I had just gotten done with my stint in collegiate track and field as a sprinter, and rooming with the sprinters.

My roommates constantly referred to having nappy hair. It wasn't a good thing, but they did it. So I guess it's another one of those double standard words.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

That makes me very uneasy.

No one knows Chappelle or Barr well enough to decipher intentions....

Its pretty obvious to me that people have opinions, but media galvinizes and weaponizes those opinions.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It is quite odd to go to school being taught that we came from monkeys then coming home from school to learn your favorite show is canceled cause someone said someone else looks like a monkey.

Idiots

The closest species to apes is mankind but if you say such then it is only cause you are racist

SOLUTION

BAN The Evolutionary Theory

Pretty please

it is racist not to

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

fact is you get a bunch of ladies running the court sweating their ass off theyre going to have nappy hair.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
i will go with that. we dont know them well enough to know their intentions.

clearly people dont need to now their intentions to freak out though.

so what is your opinion?
if a black comic said the same thing about the same person(none of us people knowing their intent) do you think it would be an issue like it is now?

my opinion is not a #ing chance

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Sure ban the evolution theory because racists during Darwin's day have been using it to call the black people less evolved.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Also why has no one brought up the fact that global warming could be the real culprit here.

Climate deniers getting over medicated by big pharma in an effort to combat rising temperatures or some dumb crap put a better way

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join