It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: burdman30ott6

.My point is how far do you let ppl walk all over you.

I don't know. Are they walking all over me?

If someone in Walmart goes after a stupid blonde b****, as a blonde woman, I am not going to get offended on behalf of the blonde sisterhood.

Now if it was clearly unwarranted, I may stick up for her because it's the decent thing to do, but if she is what she is, then I'm not going to take an insult leveled at her personally because I'm a woman and also blonde. I just don't carry that degree of tribal mentality.

Likewise, if someone is running around calling people honkies or crackers, then it is what it is.

I spent time in an inner city classroom. If I was prone to going off over that, I wouldn't have lasted one year let alone three. And certainly, no one rides to the defense of white inner city school teachers, not even your colleagues, some of whom believe you have no business in that classroom to begin with because you're the wrong skin color.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

.My point is how far do you let ppl walk all over you.

As long as all they're doing is running their mouths and it isn't costing me any money, skin, or fish... I'll stand there all day giving as good as I get. I'm raising my children to be sarcastic little rednecks who, if verbally provoked, will turn the tables and make the other person look like a fool. If the other person decides to escalate, then my kids have been taught the subtle art form of kicking someone's ass and they've been taught there is no such thing as a dirty fighter... kicks to the nads, eye gouging, use of any handy weapons... all perfectly acceptable when the sanctity of your own nose, lips, and ass is on the line. That said, if one of them decked another kid because that kid ran their mouth, I'd have a child with a red ass from a paddling.

Nobody "walks all over me" purely because I am an adult. If someone *thinks* they're walking all over me, my words will demonstrate otherwise to them. It's called owning your own responsibility, mentality, and composure. If someone's words cause you to lose your composure, then you're a childish ass with zero self control and no discipline.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Like Sammy Davis Jr kissing Archie Bunker on the cheek while taking a picture?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Yup this works well.

Try it it works surprisingly well

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: howtonhawky

Like Sammy Davis Jr kissing Archie Bunker on the cheek while taking a picture?

Well i think it should be up to the two women to decide what direction they would go.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
On of my favorite taekwondo instructors taught me a valuable lesson early on in life.

The moment someone gets you to react, they have won.

I will never be able to repay them for that advice. It has served me well.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

They are just words. Words that no one would be talking about if it were not part of the agenda.

Just like how they let the Playboy Clubs, be constructed at the pleasure of the landed gentry, the casting couch be the shortcut entry to stardom, and cigarette smoking pushed as the in thing for anyone that was someone, until it no longer was beneficial to them.

If you look at main stream news, all you have to do is pick a channel. It doesn't matter which one, because if you flip the channels you will see the same exact stories being regurgitated on every one of them. The stories are the same, the only thing that changes is the faces of the ones pushing the BS.

Everyday it is some other person that they throw to the masses, then then gleefully sit back and watch the masses rip them to pieces. They have just updated the old version of the lion's den. It is not even an effort for them any more. We make is so damn easy. We are such good little Do Bees, that we pay for our own shackles and kill to be locked in.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Roseanne has always been a loose cannon.

ABC knew that when they hired her ... She lived up to her nonconformist reputation .Personally I thought her tweet about Jarrett was right on. Especially the Muslim Brotherhood reference .We're not supposed to know that Hussein and Jarrett planted the MB throughout their government.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

It's basically people who feel inferior. They must find someone they can feel superior to, so they have chosen a minority.

Does Roseass have an inferiority complex? Apparently. She is not the most attractive woman around, and felt better pointed out someone she felt was less attractive than her.

Trump, too, has to have daily affirmations and flattery just to function. If nobody gives him the praise he desperately, pathologically needs, he gives it to himself, much to the embarrassment of the country.

By the way, Ambien released a statement earlier this morning which states "Ambien does not cause racism" (among it's side effects).

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

As an owner of bars and clubs,I sometimes have to eject rude asshats from my establishments at times for throwing insults at staff and patrons ,calling the cops is an option but that generally leads to shutting own for the night with a massive loss of income.
Even a zen master have to act first sometimes.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

By the way, Ambien released a statement earlier this morning which states "Ambien does not cause racism" (among it's side effects

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

As an owner of bars and clubs,I sometimes have to eject rude asshats from my establishments at times for throwing insults at staff and patrons ,calling the cops is an option but that generally leads to shutting own for the night with a massive loss of income.
Even a zen master have to act first sometimes.

Well, you're changing the ground rules again. We weren't talking about bouncers at a private venue where an escalation from patrons equals money. We were talking about personal snip, taking someone's lip versus cleaning their clock because YOU were offended. Seems to me like you're back peddaling a bit with this one.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Oh god yes!!! This reality kicks butt.

I wonder, is this world improved by diversity or hindered by it?

My favorite is fast food and processed food that is advertised en mass. That stuff will kill you. Is this reality better with the choice or should we be forced to eat healthy? I guess it all matters on the individual and the choices they make.

They think they are recreating the lions den and sacrificing upon that alter. They think it will increase their leverage and make them stronger. Maybe, maybe not. I am watching the scene that is out of their sight, thankfully. The sight of people waking up. I hope they don't notice yet.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
OK but going back on topic, Roseanne is a comic I never cared for then and I don't care about her today, but as a comic I give her Lee way, only because when someone I do like get caught up , I'd like them to have a chance at redemption.
edit on 30-5-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

So if the questions of race are asked outside of a superior or inferior context, then it is acceptable?

What if the questions are asked on a neutral basis?

What if the questioner thinks that everyone is created equal in the end, that it all washes out to zero? What if we possess certain strengths in one area and weaknesses in another, but we all equal out. Could we then discuss possible race differences?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
By the way, Ambien released a statement earlier this morning which states "Ambien does not cause racism" (among it's side effects).

I'm surprised, because that crap has a mile-long list of potential side effects and some of them are pretty disturbing:

Abdominal or stomach pain
abnormal or decreased touch sensation
abnormal sensation of movement
appetite disorder
balance disorder
binge eating
bladder pain
bloody or cloudy urine
blurred vision
burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings
change in hearing
chest discomfort
chills
confusion about identity, place, and time
constipation
continuous ringing, buzzing, or other unexplained noise in the ears
daytime drowsiness
diarrhea
difficult, burning, or painful urination
difficulty with moving
difficulty with swallowing
discouragement
double vision
drugged feeling
dry mouth
earache
eye redness
false or unusual sense of well-being
feeling of unreality
feeling sad or empty
frequent bowel movements
frequent urge to urinate
headache
hearing loss
heartburn
hives or welts
itching ears
joint pain
lack of appetite
lack of feeling or emotion
lack or loss of self-control
lack or loss of strength
longer or heavier menstrual periods
loss of balance
loss of interest or pleasure
memory problems
mood swings
muscle aches, cramping, pain, or stiffness
nausea
nightmares or unusual dreams
redness of the skin
redness or soreness of the throat
sense of detachment from self or body
slowing of mental and physical activity
sneezing
stuffy or runny nose
swollen joints
tiredness
trouble concentrating
vision changes
vomiting

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Many of which could very well lead to someone making a uncharacteristic lapse in judgement and even share an opinion they don't normally harbor. That said, I think the Ambien excuse was needless BS... Roseanne needs to quit apologizing over the mocked up outrage of others and go into attack mode instead of defensive mode.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I know! I had a friend who took it, and her husband would find her in the kitchen in the wee hours, frying up a chicken, and making potato salad. He stayed with her while she ate like a teenage boy, but in the morning, she remembered none of it.

Scary stuff. She could have burned the house down.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

They'll soon need to add "binge posting on social media" to that list.

and "bump-stock keyboarding" too.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

What doesn't that stuff cause?

Oh wait ... they answered -- racism.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join