It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

You used to be able to make fun of gingers without having your life ruined and people would just laugh it off

Stick and stones may break my bones and words will always hurt me

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

To be fair...

Ambien can mess you up.

And, even worse, it's super unpredictable.

I'm not in favor of anything I see happening at this point because we are already way too far down a very dangerous path...

We're slow walking our way into something that no one but a psychopath could possibly actually want.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Sticks And stones may break my bones but call me a monkey and I'll see you drawn and quartered in the town square...

(Stupid ignorant people we're technically great apes anyway!)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Don't think she should be fired , also don't think Kaepernick should be black balled either, viewers should tune in or tune out ,but corporate have the final say in these things bottom line at stake.
edit on 30-5-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Kaepernick also kinda sucks at football... That's the thing with people even bringing up Kaepernick, dude actively made teams play worse just by signing with them.

So in reality it's not even close to the same thing.

(I don't even like football and i know that)
edit on 30-5-2018 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Don't think she should be fired , also don't think Kaepernick should be black balled either, viewers should tune in or tune out ,but corporate have the final say in these things bottom line at stake.

If Kaepernick were demonstrably as good as Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady or Dak Prescott, then we wouldn't still be having this conversation because someone would put up with the drama, but since he's not, he made himself unemployable with his shenanigans.

No one was going to pay for him to basically sit on the bench as backup QB -and- piss off fans at the same time. He did it badly enough when he wasn't on anyone's roster.

He is in the same boat as Micheal Sam - the side-show isn't worth it for the talent level they are getting.

Micheal Vick could kill dogs and still get a spot because he could play well enough.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

He's better than most other picks after him, but my point is, the slippery slope , someday a one of my favorite Lib is gonna get fired for saying something outrageous , and I'll feel that loss.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

a reply to: roguetechie

He's better than most other picks after him, but my point is, the slippery slope , someday a one of my favorite Lib is gonna get fired for saying something outrageous , and I'll feel that loss.

No, he's not. He was good until everyone in the league figured out his one schtick. At that point, he refused to learn how to adapt his game and he got blown up.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Ok I am not defending Roseanne, but she is a comedian and I have heard Bill Maher make comments about people looks many times. Other comedians have done it too, like Chris Rock. People may say to themselves woah that's terrible but kind of funny too. It's what they do and how human nature reacts, honestly I have smiled at all the critical jabs made at Trumps looks because in the moment they are funny.

Does this get better defended if it comes out in a comedy club routine verses a twitter post ?

Target Of Joke

Roaeanne should not have said it I agree, but you know........these are the type of things shared among friends around a campfire after a few beers have been shared and people say what they really think, doesn't make it right or dignified but sometimes mean comments can be funny in the moment.
Just watch in comedy routine and all the people laughing at the jokes.

Still what she said was wrong and mean and should have been kept to herself.
edit on 30-5-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

That's more in line of what I'm thinking, would be hard to defend when it came to a lib comic/entertainer , a politician a cop or someone else yes ,but comics get a special pass, kinda like the court
Jester get to troll the king and not lose his head.
edit on 30-5-2018 by Spider879 because: Auto correct is a bitch.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Roseanne Barr has a disturbing history of calling black women ‘apes’

www.rawstory.com...

Roseanne was altright before there was an altright.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I was just getting into this show. Its terrible how this went down.

I expect the same standard to be applied to EVERY ONE.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I was just getting into this show. Its terrible how this went down.

I expect the same standard to be applied to EVERY ONE.

But didn't Kathy Griffin got canned for that tasteless IMO beheaded Trump's head, so maybe at CNN, they are being
consistent, still not good tho.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Roseanne has never been what anyone would call a traditional anything. She's more like a loon or actually a left-leaner than anything.

Did you pay any attention to anything she's ever done aside from recent history? Woman is barking moonbat in too many ways to be labeled alt-right.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Joy Reid.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Joy Reid.

Joy Reid?? what did she do??

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Joy Reid.

Joy Reid?? what did she do??

I got my nets mixed up, but Joy Reid is the black commentator on TV who has a history of anti-gay tweets tried to excuse it by saying her account was hacked before even more of them were dug up in her history ...

And they brought her on to discuss this Roseanne thing. She's still on TV even with her history of anti-gay comments that are pretty plainly hers.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

OK! that's that MSNBC chick..not a comedian cut her loose.
Almost never watch MSNBC or other mainstream news orgs.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

She let a lot of people down with that one stupid tweet. Her reboot was doing positive things, I thought, and I genuinely enjoyed watching.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Can anyone please explain what is racist about calling someone who isnt black an ape? I feel like im missing something here.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join