It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: olaru12

I hope SAG pulls her union card.

wtf man

why?

We don't need a racist POS disrupting the flow on set. It's hectic enough as it is. She can go work for Trump as his spokesperson. Sarah has almost had enough.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The one on the right is Neanderthal !!

😊

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I hope SAG pulls her union card.

wtf man

why?

We don't need a racist POS disrupting the flow on set. It's hectic enough as it is. She can go work for Trump as his spokesperson. Sarah has almost had enough.

she is disrupting the flow on set?
of a show she created and produces?

give me a break mr sensative

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I don't see the cast joining if it is true. They would rightfully be too terrified to.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Dehumanizing someone based on race/culture is the issue, which makes this not merely an “insult” but one with strong racial and cultural negative bias - ie “racist.”

Google images of the anti-Irish propaganda cartoons and you will also see them depicted as animalistic and “less than fully human.” Then google propaganda regarding slaves and blacks, and see the same dehumanized images. Roseanne also threw in an Islamic terrorist reference for her Iranian background and with that you have something that goes beyond “insensitive” and into the realm of pure bigotry.

It really would be naive not to recognize that African slaves were dehumanized in propaganda as “apes.” Or possibly it isn’t naive, just some folks wanting to white-wash bad behavior and foul dehumanizing depictions of a political adversary of African-Iranian-American heritage.

And yes, white people can be culturally bashed and dehumanized too, as in my Irish example. Roseanne’s comments were n example, however, of racism directed towards a woman of African and Iranian descent. Neither are acceptable. Prejudice and bigotry is rooted in the “other” being “lesser,” and as such ALL forms of it stand in the way of our ability to unite and work together for our own and the greater good.

If people on the left want to eliminate bigotry and racism, they should focus on all forms of it or be named as hypocrites. It’s easy to preach and point but far more difficult to break the cycles of division and tribalism.
edit on 29-5-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think the banning of Monty Python should be next. They tell far too many jokes and might be taken seriously by the left.

(post by Konduit removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12
I think the banning of Monty Python should be next. They tell far too many jokes and might be taken seriously by the left.

Michelle Wolf got taken seriously by the right.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
jesus what was she thinking.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Oops

Just a reminder that this lunatic still works at ABC.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: TonyS

Freedom of speech doesn't mean immunity from your employer.

As I was reading your post I thought you were taking it in a completely different direction.

Exactly like the footballers. The people vote against that with their feet, time and money. She did cross over a line but Don Rickles used to lay into to people's looks and he was a hero to the leftwing media of that era as I recall.
www.youtube.com...

And Carlin would be slamming Roseanne for being so stupid and the media for having more "words you can't say on TV"......

ETA,

I miss George Carlin and Art Bell. The ultimate free speech from those two.
edit on 29-5-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

And he just got rehired by espn.

But trust them, they arent interested in politics.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

We don't need a racist POS disrupting the flow on set.

Is Carlos Mencia still a member of SAG?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Politically Correct , Politically Incorrect , since when has The Best Medicine " Humor " , become someones Sole Property to be Judged ? It's Insane People , and it will have a Direct Impact on our First Amendment Rights if it Carries On like this..........

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Rosanne Barr, Citizen of the United States has the right to free speech.
Rosanne Barr, employee of ABC Networks not so much. Most contracts have a morality clause etc etc and if you do or say something detrimental to the reputation of the network they can and in this case did terminate their relationship with you.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Politically Correct , Politically Incorrect , since when has The Best Medicine " Humor " , become someones Sole Property to be Judged ? It's Insane People , and it will have a Direct Impact on our First Amendment Rights if it Carries On like this..........

blogs.findlaw.com...

Not really. The first amendment does have limitations as I noted in the post above and always have

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I agree.

BUT.....

Roseanne should know the current climate.

She is not a traveling bar comedian like Doug Stanhope or someone like that.

She is the star of a network sitcom.

She should have known better.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

We don't need a racist POS disrupting the flow on set.

Is Carlos Mencia still a member of SAG?

If he's on TV, yes. I've never heard of him.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
Rosanne Barr, Citizen of the United States has the right to free speech.
Rosanne Barr, employee of ABC Networks not so much. Most contracts have a morality clause etc etc and if you do or say something detrimental to the reputation of the network they can and in this case did terminate their relationship with you.

Yes and lets be fair.

A lot of the same people that are upset with ABC over this were more than happy to have the NFL say players must stand for the anthem.

Companies have the right to fire whoever they want if they think that person will cost them money.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It's just business. Companies that sell to a multiracial audience just don't need the blowback from advertising on a show produced by a racist.

You reap what you sow....Corinthians 7.9

edit on 29-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join