It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump just put the 'Me' in his Memorial Day tweet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Christ, why couldn't he just focus on what the day is about? For once stop praising yourself.

He has plenty of other days and plenty of other opportunities to post tweets putting himself on a friggin pedestal. Memorial Day is NOT one of them. He is the president of these United States, he's supposed to set a damn example.

This is a tweet about Trump masquerading as a tweet about Memorial Day. The remembrance of those who fell in service to the country is used here by Trump as simply a launching pad to tout accomplishments during his first 16 months in office.
Need evidence? Ask yourself if those who died for the country did so while thinking about the current unemployment rate. Or how a family mourning someone lost fighting for the United States today would react when the President ends a tweet allegedly honoring their service with this: "Nice!"

edition.cnn.com...

His tweet certainly angered a good number of veterans including a veterans group:

“This is the most inappropriate #MemorialDay comment that a @POTUS has ever made,” VoteVets tweeted on Monday.

"Cadet Bone Spurs" is a nickname given to Trump over his multiple Vietnam War draft deferments by Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.), a veteran who lost both her legs while serving in Iraq.

VoteVets was responding to Trump's morning tweet, in which he said fallen service members “would be very happy” with how the country is doing today.

thehill.com...

Where does he get off doing this stuff? He's running a muck and nobody in his administration seems to be putting thinks under control. Jesus Christ for once be respectful and focus on others. Memorial Day is an American holiday, observed on the last Monday of May, honoring the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military and it should be acknowledged as such, ONLY for that reason. Other politicians such as Lindsey Graham kept focus on the DAY and what it is about. Other presidents have done the same. Trump can't seem to get a hold of himself. No respect for others and no respect for the highest office of the land.

There's no excuse.

+13 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

+10 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I think he just enjoys triggering his haters. I'd ask if it worked with you, but I think the answer is clear.
Trump asked me to pass on a message to you as well. He said "thanks for the rent free space in your head you have given me". Just passing that on.

+16 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I think he just enjoys triggering his haters.

It's any wonder why he thinks he can get away with almost anything? With supporters like you he could do anything. He just completely disrespected what should be a day of acknowledging sacrifice and bravery and to you this is perfectly fine? Cause he triggering y'all? ffs Network.... even by your standards this is low.

+2 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing!

+9 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing!

Which has nothing to do with the OP. Bring up your deflection game JinMI.

+21 more 
posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
how many times did bummer talk about himself during his memorial speech you ask

answer is:

Obama Mentions Himself 45 Times During Memorial Speech For Dallas Officers

but lets all lose our minds over a twit comment....

ok
edit on 29-5-2018 by Jusvistn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

It has everything to do with the OP SG.

Especially these two examples.

Where does he get off doing this stuff? He's running a muck and nobody in his administration seems to be putting thinks under control.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
And to think some poor souls were previously blocked from the glorious tweets of the best POTUS in USA history.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: network dude

I think he just enjoys triggering his haters.

It's any wonder why he thinks he can get away with almost anything? With supporters like you he could do anything. He just completely disrespected what should be a day of acknowledging sacrifice and bravery and to you this is perfectly fine? Cause he triggering y'all? ffs Network.... even by your standards this is low.

I guess my not paying attention to what he said, helped me get through the day without the same level of TDS you seem to be afflicted with.

I'd say you could try it, but I doubt that's possible.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It's because he has a massive ego and cannot think outside his small ego box. It's only not obvious to the trump sheep that quote qanon or watch Fox News. He's not some 4d chest player, he just an egotistical man who constantly shows his never-ending ignorance.

Somehow, a fantasy (qanon) and alt-right news have convinced many anti-mainstream folks to think trump is some savior. To believe his moronic tweets are some chess move. A ultra-wealthy cut-throat business man, who loves mainstream propaganda network Fox News , gets the respect of supposed "free thinkers" and anti-globalist.

Well, thanks for the service and let's hope his massive ego doesn't guide us into more conflicts.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Republicans bad, democrats good! We get it comrade, broken record!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jusvistn

answer is:

ok

The thing is, I remember Obama getting non-stop shiat from ATS and other conspiracy outlets for stuff like this. The problem is that the alt-right doesn't hold trump up to the same standards. It just goes to show how "awake" the alt-right was at all. It was always made mostly full of ignorant one-sided thinking as the left. They follow the heard like everybody else in politics while the elite at top rake in the cash.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jusvistn

answer is:

ok

burrrrned

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I voted for him and I've said from the beginning that he needs to stay the hell off twitter. This is another prime example.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
As long as the jobs numbers are decent and the economy seems to be doing well he can get away with having all the tact of a bat to the face.

Just cant bring myself to be outraged over this, I had people tell me I was wrong for celebrating Memorial day the same way my friends that did not come home used to.

People are so screwed up over what memorial day is supposed to mean.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Obama does it; left defends it, right attacks it.

Trump does it; right defends it, left attacks it.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
So Trumps an idiot, that's not news
I don't think to many people voted for him because they liked him, they voted Trump because he wasn't the worst idiot in the two horse race

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I read the tweet.
I didn’t see where he mentioned himself.
I did notice him mentioning veterans and our country.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Must be the slowest news day ever.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join