It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A school shooter video game, what's the big deal? It looks fun and entertaining!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well I came across an article about this new game called Active Shooter. It takes place in a school setting g, and you can either be the psycho murdering cops and civilians (with a kill meter for both) or the SWAT team trying to neutralize the threat. Some parents and survivors of school shootings and victims are getting all worked up. But seriously why??

I been told for years by the tv, And all the experts here that violent video games and violence have zero correlation. How about the fact that you can practically murder every type of civilian and law enforcement already in hundreds of existing games, starting with h Grand theft Auto franchise, and many clones that utilize a similar game engine.

Why can't this school shooting video game be brought home to little Emanuel just like GTA and saints row and the many clones so he can play after school with his friends and simulate murder all afternoon, EVERY afternoon, for more than on end?? It cannot be any more dangerous than all the other video games where they have Already amassed a genocidal body could t that would make revolutionary warlords blush??

Looks like a fun game. I think k I will park all my kids in front of it and just let them have fun, right??

Maybe it's time to save the second amendment, by editing the first a little bit??

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

As long as there isn't any nudity or sexual content. That would be real cause for concern.
edit on 28-5-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Soooo...whose culture is this an appropriation of and what gender is being discriminated against in this game?

Oops, sorry! Let me recalibrate my knee-jerk!

This game is nothing more than the glamorization of gun violence and the media sponsorship of it!

I am certain the creator(s) behind this game are basement-dwelling, sexually-frustrated Columbiner freaks. Look for their trademark pin in the game.

OR

It's just a video game like all the other video games.

edit on 28-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Therapeutic for the growing number of people affected by school shootings. Publicity for the designers of the game. Win - win.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Or references to tobacco or alcohol.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I don't see the big deal, it probably got more exposure than it would have from the outcry than if it was just released and existed one it's own.

Frankly, the game looks horrible. In the sense that the graphics and gameplay would be sub par even a decade ago. It's shock value, and will pick up a few bucks from those that want to say they've played it.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Be interesting to see what other shock titles would get for coverage. How about a game where you throw gays off a roof, or try to run a profitable sex trafficking ring. How about a game where you are a movie producer and you see how many people you can rape before getting kicked out of the movie industry.

edit on 28-5-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Actually it looks like kind of a #ty game.....I mean it didn't look like you could grab a kid and use them as a human shield to ward off the SWAT as you make your escape and there seemed to be a disappointing lack of flamethrowers or hilarious over the top slaughtering methods. Like that thing from the old turok games that would home in on your enemy and make their head explode...that thing was pretty sweet.
edit on 28/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Be interesting to see what other shock titles would get for coverage. How about a game where you throw gays off a roof, or try to run a profitable sex trafficking ring. How about a game where you are a movie producer and you see how many people you can rape before getting kicked out of the movie industry.

That should all be in the SAME game dude!

"Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous"

edit on 28-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I wish I had created this game just to troll people and their delicate sensibilities. Seriously, it’s just a game.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

That should all be in the SAME game dude!

As long as it had a good crafting aspect and good multiplayer mode, it would sell pretty well.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock
I agree. I'll probably play it with my older boys a little bit. As the officers of course. But I enjoy exploring the outrage as it kinda forces people to contemplate if the first amendment is a bit too open and broad, and maybe needs a bit of narrowing down.

Give people a different constitutional right to debate About. For the record, I believe the first amendment does need a bit of restructuring. A firearm (arms) represents the sword. But media of any kind, from print to video represents the pen.

The saying goes, the pen is mightier than the sword. If that's true, the national debate on gun violence should be centered on media, like this, more than the weapons and tools of choice.

Because the real tools of every murder is actually intent .

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

So, you wish that you were an asshole with poor taste? Or are you one already?

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

All of those ideas are now the intellectual property of ATS.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Hell yeah bro! Now let's get them onto everybody cell phones and add augmented reality and we can get some forum upgrades with the revenue.

Or at least a classic chat room 🤗

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Spare me. Go play some Doki Doki Literature Club. It's just as messed up. And its free on Steam. As for editing the 1st... we could, but only if it was to make it stronger so we don't end up like England. And the 2nd protects the first.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Woodcarver

Hell yeah bro! Now let's get them onto everybody cell phones and add augmented reality and we can get some forum upgrades with the revenue.

Or at least a classic chat room 🤗
Make it VR and give the kids realistic ar-15s and set em loose in the park.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I been a gamer longer than some members here have been alive. I own 300 -400 games. Yes , you read that right.
3 custom , self built , gaming machines.
This game is too far overboard and just a feeble attempt for an Indie group to break mainstream
Remember the game "Left Behind" ? Boycotted by atheists everywhere and pulled off the shelves at stores due to this .
That would be a no. No , it isn't
And I will be one speaking out against it.

edit on 5/28/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

A school shooter video game, what's the big deal? It looks fun and entertaining!

This is America
Don't catch you slippin' up
Look at how I'm livin' now
Police be trippin' now
Yeah, this is America
Guns in my area
I got the strap
I gotta carry 'em

I think Donald Glover defined it best - his video 'This is America' is optical poetry - hands down the most powerful message I've ever seen/heard/read regarding American culture.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It said you have the option of being the SWAT or the active shooter.
If they are calling it a simulation....is it a simulation for police or for training nutcases?

It could be either and it looks like something I'd try.

Who doesn't want to gun down an active shooter??

I know that sounds insensitive but I don't really care...its a videogame.
edit on 28-5-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join